avoiding tolls!

Inshur

i see you but you dont

how many tolls do you people avoid weekly?
i honestly avoid a lot of them depending on where i am! the one i hate the most is to nj and even worst when it's only to hoboken or jersey city! lets say i have $175 trynna get to $200 clean and boom ? jersey city from canal st :mad: which is around $30 to $35 now i have $210-$15 toll-$15 gas= $180 clean wich is no bueno! also sometimes when i have taken tolls during the day and im about be done and suddenly another toll! i just tell the pax that i cant do it (i have my own excuse lol) but yeah @@@@ the tolls my minimum replacement on my EZ pass its only $45 lmao

Reactions: TDR

i see you but you dont

If you want 200 clean and have 180 with 20 toll then do 220 so u have 200 clean. Theres an app for it on your phone too. It's called a calculator

my question wasn't about how much i need to make to get to $200 i think you have problems reading this thread lol ?

Lenny_yellow_cab

i honestly avoid a lot of them depending on where i am! the one i hate the most is to nj and even worst when it's only to hoboken or jersey city! lets say i have $175 trynna get to $200 clean and boom ? jersey city from canal st :mad: which is around $30 to $35 now i have $210-$15 toll-$15 gas= $180 clean wich is no bueno! also sometimes when i have taken tolls during the day and im about be done and suddenly another toll! i just tell the pax that i cant do it (i have my own excuse lol) but yeah @@@@ the tolls my minimum replacement on my EZ pass its only $45 lmao

I used up $900 in tolls last month, hard to avoid them, time is extremely valuable to me

Dst Rain

I hate l.i.c to city. Especially if someone going from across the river to first ave. I rather go to Brooklyn must better. City I gotta watch for cop/traffic maids/TLC/bus lanes/bikers/lunatic pedestrians and the new generation where ppl take pics of TLC cars thru a app then sent it to city n we get fine for whatever they think we did. We drive cars not tuk tuk we need space to pull over. Soon we gotta droff of passenger on a slow roll. Like they do in other developing countries. Run to get inside a bus :roflmao:
Post automatically merged:

I used up $900 in tolls last month, hard to avoid them, time is extremely valuable to me
:confusion:

Salvi

Heres a dirty tip about tolls beside the NJ double Dip. Get a good cash back credit card linked to ur ez pass. I got a 1.5% cash back so that's a free $15 for every $1k in tolls. Now it's not alot of money but since you get reimbursed for tolls but you still getting "cash back" for money u didnt really spend, it's basically free taxfree money. Not alot but since you have to take tolls anyways might as well make a few extra dollars.

Guided One

I usually try to avoid the tolls until the pax insists I take the mid town or rfk, etc. I still try to convince them “the gps is telling me to take the other route”. That way I mostly take the longer route. Just yesterday I made $48 from greenwhich village to LGA. I took the Williamsburg bridge instead of the mid town tunnel. By the time pax realized, I was close enough the the bridge so that even if he checked himself on Waze it would say that the Williamsburg bridge was the fastest route.

Endless

I usually try to avoid the tolls until the pax insists I take the mid town or rfk, etc. I still try to convince them “the gps is telling me to take the other route”. That way I mostly take the longer route. Just yesterday I made $48 from greenwhich village to LGA. I took the Williamsburg bridge instead of the mid town tunnel. By the time pax realized, I was close enough the the bridge so that even if he checked himself on Waze it would say that the Williamsburg bridge was the fastest route.
That usually is the best route a lot of the time

Guided One

That usually is the best route a lot of the time
Yea it’s the midtown tunnel was 2 min faster and these most pax don’t drive, they just know that mid town tunnel should be faster and always want it. I know we get reimbursed but it’s a headache to have to refill the ez pass every week and so.

Inshur New York