Avoid the Hood (Part 3 - Jordans, sagging pants, nasty odors)

Inshur
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Underwood

As part 3 of 'Avoid the Hood' installation. This morning, I drove up to 207th and drove over the University Heights bridge. Did some pickups around Sedgwick Ave, Creston Ave, Webster Ave, Fulton Ave, Hoe Ave etc. Jesus Christ, the odors coming from these people are stomach turning! The bad attitudes make it that much worse. All low rated passengers, all low income areas. I think most of us can agree that most people in NYC have access to running water and have at least $1 to buy a bar of soap and $3 for a stick of deodorant. Especially if you're literally living on the govt dole and can afford $200 Jordan sneakers!

Here's another reason why to avoid low income areas/low rated passengers

*Moldy odors. There is this really disgusting smell of stale mold coming from some folks. These are usually from the big brown NYCHA buildings. I presume it's the building itself that smells. Webster Ave brown buildings are the worst offender of this.
*Jordans and sagging pants. General hoodlum behaviour. How can you be so 'poor' yet afford $200 Jay's and a crisp white tee? Why do you sag pants and come into my car exposing your behind and sitting on my clean Toyota Camry seats?
*Smell of 'loosies' and Newport. Smoking is bad for you. The smell is even worse. Lingers in my car.
*Strong smells of marijuana. Wake and bake at 8am? Bad!

I did another 6 rides in the bronx. 1/2 of which were Lyft Line. Horrendous experience! I did pick up two very sweet women this morning to be fair. Most of my complaints are targeted at the men. Women are a much better ride in these areas. Much more polite. The moral of the story is women are generally good, engaging and pleasant. The young men are horrible rides. Oh, all of the young men demanded HOT97! 105.1 is so much better. It doesn't compare.

Ride-Share-Risk-Manager

I think the point is made in your prior posts that the "hood" is not a safe or productive place to operate. If drivers are wiling to put their lives, safety and well being as well as their cars and livelihood on the line for the couple of extra dollars that they might make picking up in the hood, then let them have at it. We are perfectly happy taking a long term perspective of this ride share gig by keeping it part time and as much as possible only picking up the passengers we want in our cars that are as pre qualified as possible based on neighborhood and ratings.

Last edited:

Frank Underwood

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think the point is made in your prior posts that the "hood" is not a safe or productive place to operate. If drivers are wiling to put their live, safety and well being as well as their cars and livelihood on the line for the couple of extra dollars that they might make picking up in the hood, then let them have at it. We are perfectly happy taking a long term perspective of this ride share gig by keeping it part time and as much as possible only picking up the passengers we want in our cars that are as pre qualified as possible based on neighborhood and ratings.
You couldn't have said it any better. I used to wonder why Yellow Cabs didn't stop in these areas and now it makes total sense. I'm an eternal optimist but the culture + behaviour of the people in these areas leave a lot to be desired. I know the horde of sjws will come on here and accuse me (a person with origins in the developing world) of 'privilege'. Which is hilarious.

Last edited:

jaybx17

I think the point is made in your prior posts that the "hood" is not a safe or productive place to operate. If drivers are wiling to put their lives, safety and well being as well as their cars and livelihood on the line for the couple of extra dollars that they might make picking up in the hood, then let them have at it. We are perfectly happy taking a long term perspective of this ride share gig by keeping it part time and as much as possible only picking up the passengers we want in our cars that are as pre qualified as possible based on neighborhood and ratings.
Hey man the guys in my group chat say they were either fined or deactivated due to one of your favorite kind of people in your favorite places filing a lie or complaint to uber or lyft. 99% were minority’s, 99% of the complaints were by people of non color.

Ride-Share-Risk-Manager

Hey man the guys in my group chat say they were either fined or deactivated due to one of your favorite kind of people in your favorite places filing a lie or complaint to uber or lyft. 99% were minority’s, 99% of the complaints were by people of non color.
Our driver group do not discriminate against passengers based on race, gender or disability. We discriminate based on pickup location and passenger rating. We do not pick up in designated unsafe hood locations and we do not pick up passengers rated under 4.5 stars. Your drivers should do as you see fit.

SlyWolf

Funny u say u don't pick up in the hood yet u stay over there. Stfu with ur racist comments and move on. If u don't like the hood just don't pick up and move on that's fine but u just keep on bringing the same thing over and over. I said my peace I won't be replaying back

Ride-Share-Risk-Manager

I am an Uber passenger too. I live in a nice neighborhood in Bergen County NJ. I have given 10 Lyft and 5 Uber drivers one stars in the last two months as well as filed complaints with both companies about drivers. My complaints have been in the following areas: drivers showing up with their hood buddy or girlfriends riding shotgun, drivers who are obviously smoking weed in their cars and are visibly stoned, drivers who are using another drivers identity and license, drivers who have seriously unroadworthy cars. I am.not making up stories about drivers, I take photos and send them to Lyft and Uber. I don't ask for refunds. I simply want to show Lyft in particular that they have dropped standards so badly and yet pretend that all is great amongst their drivers.

Funny u say u don't pick up in the hood yet u stay over there. Stfu with ur racist comments and move on. If u don't like the hood just don't pick up and move on that's fine but u just keep on bringing the same thing over and over. I said my peace I won't be replaying back
Thank you for sharing....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inshur New York