• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Avoid the Hood (Part 2, Yellow is smart)

Inshur
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Underwood

To prove a point, I did rides exclusively in the Bronx and Harlem today. For this experiment, I washed my car, vacuumed it, cleaned it out with lemon scented windex, everything perfect order. I deliberately picked up people from the projects and the hood. Guess what folks, my rating has dropped to 4.9 from 5.0 you can't make this up LOL! There is a reason why Yellow cabs prefer not to service these areas. And my experiment proves it.

There is no point or purpose to driving these people. I did 7 rides. Did the kiss up that all of you sjw Uber drivers like and guess what. My rating has fallen. I had a 4.98 (5.0) as of Tuesday so for my rating to have dropped to 4.9 within the same day (today, Wednesday) proves my point. Oh, I had chargers in the car, mints, etc. I also don't discuss politics, God, or even sports. Very polite and all that. Real, spoke like a normal person. Asked what music they wanted offered auxiliary cable and stuff. What a JOKE!

The lesson here is that certain areas are no go areas and should be avoided for your own sanity. Avoid;

Bronx: anywhere but Riverdale
Queens: only the high income AREAS (Astoria, Flushing, Elmhurst, long island city)
Brooklyn: anywhere low income
Manhattan: anywhere low income

Avoid projects, the hood, anywhere low income and avoid low rated passengers. By the way, I picked up a passenger today from one of these areas that smelled like mold, marijuana, newports and urine. Young guy, pants sagged. Just yuck!

That is the key to a decent Uber/Lyft experience. This has nothing to do with race as some claim. Just quality of the area. I accepted some pings from 4.3, 4.6, 4.0 and that is why I do what I do.

Yellow cabs are smart! They were on to this year's ago

Oh-Lord

You are right Frankie, it's not racism. Its in group- out group bias. You would rather pick up disrespectful millenials from Murray hill or the vest village than pick up folks from the ghetto. None of them treat you better but you rather deal wth one group than the other. Better have that aux cord or Pamela and her friends will automatic 1-star you.

Evlesoa

To prove a point, I did rides exclusively in the Bronx and Harlem today. For this experiment, I washed my car, vacuumed it, cleaned it out with lemon scented windex, everything perfect order. I deliberately picked up people from the projects and the hood. Guess what folks, my rating has dropped to 4.9 from 5.0 you can't make this up LOL! There is a reason why Yellow cabs prefer not to service these areas. And my experiment proves it.

There is no point or purpose to driving these people. I did 7 rides. Did the kiss up that all of you sjw Uber drivers like and guess what. My rating has fallen. I had a 4.98 (5.0) as of Tuesday so for my rating to have dropped to 4.9 within the same day (today, Wednesday) proves my point. Oh, I had chargers in the car, mints, etc. I also don't discuss politics, God, or even sports. Very polite and all that. Real, spoke like a normal person. Asked what music they wanted offered auxiliary cable and stuff. What a JOKE!

The lesson here is that certain areas are no go areas and should be avoided for your own sanity. Avoid;

Queens: only the high income AREAS (Astoria, Flushing, Elmhurst, long island city)

Avoid projects, the hood, anywhere low income and avoid low rated passengers. By the way, I picked up a passenger today from one of these areas that smelled like mold, marijuana, newports and urine. Young guy, pants sagged. Just yuck!

That is the key to a decent Uber/Lyft experience. This has nothing to do with race as some claim. Just quality of the area. I accepted some pings from 4.3, 4.6, 4.0 and that is why I do what I do.

What do you have to say to this, then?
http://www.npr.org/sections/codeswitch/2017/10/25/559015355/how-black-americans-see-discrimination

An interesting part of it is this:
The data from the survey show that black people who reported living in mostly black neighborhoods viewed their communities differently than those who lived in mostly non-black areas. For starters, they were much more likely to describe their community as a low-income neighborhood. And they had more negative views about their neighborhoods, too: Those respondents were more likely to say that crime, housing, the availability of jobs and grocery stores were worse than they were in other places. They were about twice as likely as black folks who lived in mostly non-black neighborhoods to say their local schools were worse off than other places to live. They were also more likely to say the police force in their communities were of a different racial background.

Mr_Frenchie

You are right Frankie, it's not racism. Its in group- out group bias. You would rather pick up disrespectful millenials from Murray hill or the vest village than pick up folks from the ghetto. None of them treat you better but you rather deal wth one group than the other. Better have that aux cord or Pamela and her friends will automatic 1-star you.
Don't forget the lapdog WHO happens to be a service dog.

I have a good friend UberMike. Bros gave him 1 star when he couldn't find Spring St. but in reality, they were dropped off at the right location.

Frank Underwood

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There is no bias. 'Pamela' (wow talk about racism!) doesn't throw a hissy fit if I don't give her mints or have hot97 playing on blast. Also, Pamela will give a tip for good service. I did all the sjw kiss up today. Chargers, mints, what station would you like, what direction should I take, great to meet you, uber-Mike styled driving. The people in these low income areas don't give a bleep. Yellow Cab drivers are smart. They experience the same which is why they avoided these areas like the plague. I sure as hell won't be driving in these areas again. If you want to maintain your sanity. Follow my advice!

jaybx17

To be honest bro it could be your style. I know it sounds dumb but people can read off your vibe, energy & 'swag'. No disrespect but they probably pick up the fact that you are not genuine with the shit you're doing and rather not deal with them but are. Your lane is dealing with the other folks out there and that is fine and dandy.

Frank Underwood

To be honest bro it could be your style. I know it sounds dumb but people can read off your vibe, energy & 'swag'. No disrespect but they probably pick up the fact that you are not genuine with the shit you're doing and rather not deal with them but are. Your lane is dealing with the other folks out there and that is fine and dandy.
That is a load of crap. I don't sound 'white'. Most of my friends are Hispanic/Black. It has nothing to do with my style bruh. I'm from Brooklyn. Middle income area. I don't give across any vibe. I'm cool as a cucumber. I help, and I'm genuine. No accent nothing. Just Hella cool. They rate poorly no matter what.

I love people in high income/middle income areas. Regardless of ethnic background. Much more pleasant to deal with. Low income and low rated passengers are not welcome in my Toyota Camry!

I drive a 2016 Toyota Camry, light tints, always clean. Always polite. I was raised to treat others with their due respect. It has nothing to do with that. If they don't like the route or if there is traffic. It's a 1. I ask before every ride; do you prefer I use wAze or Google maps or do you have a better route. Very quick, easy going. I also drive with purpose. Legit.

By the way, women in these areas are not my problem. It's the men. The women are 9/10 great rides. It's the 'men' who are so terrible. No wonder yellow doesn't pick them up!

jaybx17

That is a load of crap. I don't sound 'white'. Most of my friends are Hispanic/Black. It has nothing to do with my style bruh. I'm from Brooklyn. Middle income area. I don't give across any vibe. I'm cool as a cucumber. I help, and I'm genuine. No accent nothing. Just Hella cool. They rate poorly no matter what.

I love people in high income/middle income areas. Regardless of ethnic background. Much more pleasant to deal with. Low income and low rated passengers are not welcome in my Toyota Camry!

I drive a 2016 Toyota Camry, light tints, always clean. Always polite. I was raised to treat others with their due respect. It has nothing to do with that. If they don't like the route or if there is traffic. It's a 1. I ask before every ride; do you prefer I use wAze or Google maps or do you have a better route. Very quick, easy going. I also drive with purpose. Legit.

By the way, women in these areas are not my problem. It's the men. The women are 9/10 great rides. It's the 'men' who are so terrible. No wonder yellow doesn't pick them up!
We all say that about ourselves bro Lol
With me it's the opposite though. Those Manhattan pax are good at giving 4's and OCCASIONAL 3's because to them excellent service means opening doors, foot massages and kissing their ass. In the hood I think most of them can see that I am someone they can relate to. The rating thing sucks anyway bro idk why you worry so much about it. Most of these mofos are fake as @@@@, smile in your face, tell you goodbye and to have a nice day and then leave the car and complaint and rate you all kinda shit.

Suism

I picked up two young adults one time, Brooklyn to Soho in high traffic time. One of the kid openly admitted that he commits a credit card fraud scam to buy things from designer stores (Gucci was where they were headed) and keep the items while purchased with the credit cards would be chargebacked so to speak. Pretty much what you would label hood behavior I guess but dealing with kids like these is simple. Simply play some hot rap tracks, drive quietly and just occasionally speak. Still maintained a 5 star rating on Lyft afterwards lol my low ratings only ever came from the higher income residents who stay lurking in the back quiet AF

Rd350

Picked just one pool for the day, checked the rating after dropping her. Surely, rating went down from 4.9 to 4.8.
She was standing at a different location than what app was showing me. Waited a minute, didn’t want to cancel( being the first ride of the day and all). I should have, anyway called when didn’t show up.
Freaking rude on the phone saying come around the block. Knew right away: this is f***ed up situation.

I tried to tell her that she had a different location showing on the app. She Didn’t say a word during the ride. Ride costs $15:00. 1 star.

moral of the story: Stay away from Pool

Suism

Picked just one pool for the day, checked the rating after dropping her. Surely, rating went down from 4.9 to 4.8.
She was standing at a different location than what app was showing me. Waited a minute, didn’t want to cancel( being the first ride of the day and all). I should have, anyway called when didn’t show up.
Freaking rude on the phone saying come around the block. Knew right away: this is f***ed up situation.

I tried to tell her that she had a different location showing on the app. She Didn’t say a word during the ride. Ride costs $15:00. 1 star.

moral of the story: Stay away from Pool
Nah moral is you stay where you are and collect the no show fee. Only question I have is is pool no show countdown time same as an Uber X or is it like lyft line where it's a minute and 30 seconds

Rd350

Guess what? Once I cancelled saying no show, freaking Uber says I was too far from the pax when I cancelled and ate my $3:00.
Can never win with them.

SilentKnight

That's BS. I gave the benefit of the doubt to some hood kid. It took me to end up speaking like him and putting my Yankee fitted on to get him to stop mumbling and accusing me of taking him the long way or some shit. I asked him if all he uses his phone for is to chat with bichezz on Snapchat?? I told him to download Waze and learn how to put an address in and then to direct me or else we're not goin any fkcin where. Then his accent changed to school level and then the "sorry sirs" came out.

Frank Underwood

Ghetto pax resent Frank for being confident well dressed and successful.
I rarely ever talk about myself, I don't brag to customers, I'm very polite, dressed decently, no strong odours. Nothing. Yet they are so sadistic to always file complaints. I don't speak English with a French or African accent either. Most people assume I'm Caribbean or native black. I'm cool as heck. I'll post customer comments when they come out next. See for yourselves!

These low income people and low rated passengers are terrible.

Bkrah

So where do u live? Hope none of your family live in ghetto according to you they never getting a ride

Philbert

First of all that's the lamest shit I've heard in a while.

Second of all it takes more than a day for your ratings to come in. They aren't instant. Uber deliberately delays them so crazy drivers don't go after pax. Your experiment proves nothing other than your inherent racism. I drive on the opposite side of the country, Oakland and SF, and have no trouble with those colored folk that scare and trigger based fools like you. It's actually the upper class white people that give me the most problems. If they are giving you problems it's because they can smell you for what you truly are.

jaybx17

Ghetto pax resent Frank for being confident well dressed and successful.
Or as the poster above and mysef were trying to say. They know they arent wanted in that vehicle. Same with minority’s that get treated ‘different’ in hotels and stores. Staff may be nice but you can usully pick up when a @@@@ is being fake. Then again maybe those particular pax just hate everyone. Anyway like I said they all can be fake. My rating is 4.89 and sometimes goes to 4.91 but there is always that one hater or miserable prick that has to give out 4s and 3s.

Status
Not open for further replies.