1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Avoid destination filter ending

Discussion in 'Advice' started by tyesquire, Dec 23, 2017.

1. tyesquire

tyesquire

so every weekend after 4 am I try to use destination filter to get a run to an airport that is an hour away... in the past I could take the person there, drive drive back towards my original starting point,,, with destination filter still running and get continuous returns to the airport... now as soon as I get to the airport it expires the destination filter. But last night it took me to a different airport that was on the way, I turned around came back and got another trip to the actual destination airport,,, then it expired.
    So,,,,, if I would just put my destination filter like 5miles past the airport(so I’d never really get to that destination) I try to make multiple runs to,,,, would it not expire my filter and allow me to keep coming back and getting return trips?

Thanks for any input or advice

2. Bpr2

Bpr2

Driving:
    UberX
    It also usually times out now too.

3. tyesquire

tyesquire

Lovely

4. Haskel45

Haskel45

Yea, it eventually times out. What you can donis set way beyond the airport you're going to that way you have ample time to make multiple runs.

Just make sure wherever you set the destination is pretty much a straight line north or south of the airport.

For instance, I'm in SoFla, I get a lot of runs from South Beach to Ft Lauderdale airport (about 30 miles north of s. Beach) especially Dec thru may.

So I'll set the destination for a far north as the app will allow but right along the eastern seaboard as both S. Beach and FLL are along the seaboard.

This gives me about 4-5 hours before the filter times out.

keb, Rakos and Tr4vis Ka1anick like this.
  5. tyesquire

tyesquire

I’ve also realized lately it has limited my distance also and gives me an error saying destination is to far

Bphelps and Rakos like this.
  6. JimKE

JimKE

Right. This is all part of the laughable 6 DFs 180 Days of Change fiasco. They reduced the DFs from 6 (which it was for a week or two) because people were using them o_O, back to 2. But they actually made them much more restrictive -- they are now distance limited, expire if you get within a mile of your destination, you can't use them during unspecified busy periods, etc.

I haven't actually had one time out, but I'm usually not on a DF more than an hour or so.

Rakos and SuperStar3000 like this.
  7. Haskel45

Haskel45

They've always been distance limited (for me anyway) , the furthest north it would let me set a filter from s beach was Boca, I would try to set it for Palm Beach but it would say it's too far.

Rakos likes this.
  8. Jo3030

Jo3030 Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    What a great partnership!

Matthew Thomas and Rakos like this.
  9. Rakos

Rakos

Driving:
    UberXL
    The problem is...

They make a change...OOPS...

They neglect to let us in on the change...

So just when you get it figured out...

The ballgame changes and...Oh Well..

It's not like there is...

an instruction book...8>O

Rakos
    Inevitability.jpg

10. Jo3030

Jo3030 Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Still waiting for the upfront pricing class action suit..
    I will be #2 in line for that one (behind the person that files it)

Rakos likes this.
  11. set your filter past the airport

when you drop off go back in the opposite direction and it will not expire

12. MPG-Unit

MPG-Unit

Driving:
    UberX
    I had mine "glitch out" a few days ago and the only way I found to replicate it is below.

Set the filter for as far ONE direction as you can past your "real" end spot. Now here is the tricky part. Drive for about 10min the OTHER direction. It will give you 3 alerts about this, ignore them. Pull over after the 3rd and manually turn your GPS off. Wait a min or two but keep the app open. It only needs to disconnect for all GPS satellites.

Now turn the GPS back on and it will allow you to edit the endpoint about an additional 20-25 miles past your "real" endpoint. You can also do this right before closing in on the 1 mile marker from the endpoint to extend it (even the other direction). You can even use it to "cancel" out one you were actively using to not count against you.

Use sparingly though, but it's been working since I found it.

Haskel45 and Rakos like this.