• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Average Houston Weekend Pay?

RayRay9001

How much can you expect to average in Houston on the weekends driving both Lyft and Uber? I'm hoping this weekend is an anomaly after NYE weekend..
I just moved from Denver and have literally made half of what I would normally make driving there.

Robnhud

Last night was DEAD.

Downtown, midtown, The Heights and Washington Ave usually have a decent surge after 2am. Below is a screenshot from last night.

My experience is that usually a DEAD Friday is followed by a decent Saturday.

Attachments

RayRay9001

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No I'm only here temporarily, but I assumed I could live off driving for the few months I'm here.
What are your "cheating" suggestions?

UberCadi

Cheating? You can’t beg, borrow or steal a good earning with ride share in Houston. If your Slelect/XL or Premium/Lux eligible, you might have a go at making money. But straight up X? Not a chance. Unless you consider working 15-17 hours a day because you have nothing better to do. And...you don’t account for expenses and car wear and tear. Lol.

RayRay9001

I had to register my car in Texas and get reapproved.

I made $170 tonight (Saturday) driving 8 hours so that's definitely better. Seems like it's just hit or miss on the night.

JaredJ

Grocery Store pickups for the best rides and tips.

Personally love picking up in Alief, 5th Ward, East End, and Pasadena. Doing it without a proper conceal and carry makes me feel like a bad ass.

Having a pax sit right behind your drivers seat wondering if they're going to rob you makes my days challenging and exciting.

Last edited:

RayRay9001

Personally love picking up in Alief, 5th Ward, East End, and Pasadena. Doing it without a proper conceal and carry makes me feel like a bad ass.

Having a pax sit right behind your drivers seat wondering if they're going to rob you makes my days challenging and exciting.
I will follow all of this thank you.

yamafx4dude

lmao. esp when someone else called for uber and their partner is somewhere outside the store looking for you. they call or text say something like "she has a red shirt on shes outside near the front" you find them and they have two baskets full and two small kids running wild. You think this time will be different. But the ride is less than 1 mile and you just spend 30 minutes for $2, no tip. Sounds familiar? CANCEL!!!!

JaredJ

lmao. esp when someone else called for uber and their partner is somewhere outside the store looking for you. they call or text say something like "she has a red shirt on shes outside near the front" you find them and they have two baskets full and two small kids running wild. You think this time will be different. But the ride is less than 1 mile and you just spend 30 minutes for $2, no tip. Sounds familiar? CANCEL!!!!
Between this and strung out prostitutes at the Days Inn getting picked up via their pimps Lyft account I'm just happy to provide an alternative means for people other than the bus.

In reality, I'm thankful for the previous driver that tanked them to a 4.4 so I could screen the pickup. I try to pour out some sparkling water for our rideshare drivers who are no longer with us.

SkidRow

Personally love picking up in Alief, 5th Ward, East End, and Pasadena.
I'll take those areas over Midtown and Montrose any day.
Sunnyside and Spring Branch too.

If you're going to ignore the "bad" parts of town, you're working in a much smaller city than I am.