Average Fares Per Week in Atlanta?

Abda Addi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the response Fivestars. I'm considering becoming a select driver. If that's true, I don"t think it would be worth my time.

Reversoul

Not trying to sound rude, but I think drivers will be confused by your phrasing. Do u mean average amount of trip count or the average in terms of dollars and "sense"?

UberHoax

If u already have the car, try it out. If you don't already have the car its prolly not worth the risk... anything could put stop to it.. tickets, accidents, bad ratings, low pay, sitting in sun, on and on. Vast majority cant make all of it work.

Steve2008

If that's your average hourly income you must not be evolving with the patterns of select. There are a lot of factors especially select such as what hours you intend to drive, what areas, what days, whether or not you work weekends or events such as concerts, and frankly a lot of time you have to pick you "sitting" spots VERY carefully. It varies so much if you change any one of these. On an average week I average about 15-22 per hr. On a good week 22-25.

UberATL2015

I started with the U in December driving Select. And things were good for a while, but the U continues to try and saturate the market with drivers. This effectivey makes it nearly impossibe for it to be worth your time for anything more than going out on a lark when you're bored. Uber has stated that they intend to saturate the market to the point where they no longer need surge pricing (I hope they're not holding thier collective breath...).

UberHoax

Something that is not mentioned enough... when a driver discusses wages they forget to mention they sat around for hours each day babysitting their phone where they did not get paid and their mind was on Uber. This is seldom accounted for in the figures. Also they set their alarm for 4am and didnt get ping for an hour and lost that hour of sleep.

Reversoul

I started with the U in December driving Select. And things were good for a while, but the U continues to try and saturate the market with drivers. This effectivey makes it nearly impossibe for it to be worth your time for anything more than going out on a lark when you're bored. Uber has stated that they intend to saturate the market to the point where they no longer need surge pricing (I hope they're not holding thier collective breath...).
For some reason when u refer to uber as "the U" I feel like I want to break stuff lol

Steve2008

Something that is not mentioned enough... when a driver discusses wages they forget to mention they sat around for hours each day babysitting their phone where they did not get paid and their mind was on Uber. This is seldom accounted for in the figures. Also they set their alarm for 4am and didnt get ping for an hour and lost that hour of sleep.
What do you mean exactly? Wouldn't all that be considered when someone is calculated their earnings? If you get up at 4AM and don't get a ride til 5 then it is what it is.

jtc291980

True. But sitting around watching TV, even though phone and mind are on Uber, is different than being punched in at another job.

Uber XL, like all the other platforms are getting over saturated. Like others said, I would be really hesitant to purchase a vehicle just for Uber. If you have the car though, you should max out it's platforms.

Harleyfxdx1

Had the car before I even heard of uber. Buick Enclave. Qualify for XL / Select platform. Work from home ... don't cruise around looking for trips, I let the trips come to me. Don't hang out at the airport after I drop a pax. Deadhead back aprox 35 miles.
377 trips in past 6 months = average fare $49.50 including surge.

UberNWATL

Had the car before I even heard of uber. Buick Enclave. Qualify for XL / Select platform. Work from home ... don't cruise around looking for trips, I let the trips come to me. Don't hang out at the airport after I drop a pax. Deadhead back aprox 35 miles.
Great info Harleyxdx1.... Real world data.

PTCGUY

Well that settles it. I am joining the Select platform first thing tomorrow morning! Cmon gang, let's over saturate the Select crowd.