• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Aux Cord

RideshareUSA

I know this topic has been beaten' to death here, but just had one of those "ghetto rides" going about 2 miles and the the Hood Rat rider asks, (in a demanding tone mind you): "Gotta' aux cord?"
Seriously, not even a "please."
"No I don't. Even if I did, your only going 2 miles. What's the point?"
From this point on, my aux cord is only for my regular cash riders who tip!
All others, GFY 😎

losiglow

If the pax is disrespectful or they act like a dick then nope, I don't have a cord. I just straight up lie. I don't get paid enough to listen to stupid music cranked up super loud. The aux input is in the center console, not in plain view so it's easy enough to simply tell them you don't have one.

But if they're cool about it, even if I perceive that they'll play crappy music, I'll hand it over. I care about attitude much more than appearance or music tastes. Respect makes all the difference.

waldowainthrop

20 minute ride minimum on me even offering music selection. Anything below that: generally not even if people ask.

I am happy to offer music to longer rides because they are more likely to be friendly. I don’t offer aux. Apple Music subscription or USB-to-stereo so I have a reason to deny a request.

TomTheAnt

Don't have one in the truck and not going to have one in there, either. Then again, I've had somebody ask for it only twice in the 1500+ rides I've done so far, so not an issue for me, anyway.

Somebody asks for it, I just tell them I don't have one and that's it.

RideshareUSA

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't have one in the truck and not going to have one in there, either. Then again, I've had somebody ask for it only twice in the 1500+ rides I've done so far, so not an issue for me, anyway.

Somebody asks for it, I just tell them I don't have one and that's it.
I'm thinking maybe respond with: "Sure, as long as you have a cash tip!" :wink:

merryon2nd

I keep my aux cord plugged in. Its always into MY phone. My dash display even says AUX ON. But almost every time someone asks for it, I say no, I use it for my GPS (though I'm really actually playing some form of rock entertainment through it to keep me focused). Then they ask about bluetooth. I inform them that I'm lucky to have AUX in my bare bones dinosaur (not really, its a 14. But they get the picture).

If they ask nicely on a 10 mile+ ride, I consider it. But the problem is, almost none of them ask nicely. They're rude, loud and demanding. About what belongs to ME. As if, somehow, I OWE them something. And I don't appreciate nor award said behavior.

This is what participation trophies get us folks. I guess because they got rewarded for LOSING their softball game, they think that they should be rewarded with an Aux Cord just for giving me the privilege of climbing themselves into my car? lmao

waldowainthrop

What's the big deal? Pax asks, you have one, render. Who cares how far trip is?
I don’t have an aux cord so putting on music is something that happens at the start of the trip, while pulled over, or not at all. I am glad not all Uber drivers offer it because it is a treat for some passengers to get it and they know it. I will literally put on anything if I am getting paid over the base rate.

I even offer it on long rides because it helps with tips slightly and as a passenger I have been disappointed by enough drivers with their music selection.

merryon2nd

What's the big deal? Pax asks, you have one, render. Who cares how far trip is?
#1: Rude, obnoxious behavior should NEVER be rewarded.
#2: Its not worth my time to take my phone down, unhook everything, and then have to take the time to rehook everything BACK UP after a 1-5 mile ride.
#3: I do not like distracting music types in my car while I'm driving, especially in heavy traffic. I'm willing to withstand it when going long distance because a bored pax can end up being a destructive pax. I'd rather deal with the noise than deal with an insurance claim.

RDWRER

My car doesn’t even have AUX port, and I’m not going to waste time pairing Bluetooth for a 5-minute ride.
Don’t worry. The pax are stupid as all hell. When they ask for an AUX cord they mean a USB.

Pax: “Got an AUX cord?”

Me: “No sorry, just a lightning cable.”

Pax: “That’s what I said.”

Me: (No you #%^*$& didn’t!) 🙄