tutsieroll

Hi everyone,

I tried digging through the forum to see if this question has been discussed before but couldn't find anything (probably didn't search deep enough). Can anyone recommend a rideshare friendly insurance company? Who are you insured with? As always, all feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

tutsieroll

manuella

Mercury ,it's the cheapest imho , look through the paperwork to see if you are comfortable with the coverage.

UberXking

I'm guessing only 5% of drivers have rideshare. Farmers was over $1,000 extra per year and opened my policy without asking my yearly mileage until 4 months into the policy
Mercury saved me serious money

emmhope

I'm guessing only 5% of drivers have rideshare. Farmers was over $1,000 extra per year and opened my policy without asking my yearly mileage until 4 months into the policy
Mercury saved me serious money
Farmers has a smaller ghetto company that does ride share but mine wasn't so bad when I used them , I switched because when I bought a second luxurious car everything got a little insane lol

tutsieroll

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mercury ,it's the cheapest imho , look through the paperwork to see if you are comfortable with the coverage.
Mercury? Wow, never heard of them. Do they offer rideshare coverage?

USAA? I believe that's only for veterans, isn't it?

Blue Poodle

USAA, depending on what business you want to do, requires military service. I forget which is which.

But usaa rideshare is pretty great. I finally added it to my policy. Like $8 a month?

I think maybe it's banking that doesnt require service. But if your parents have done service, you are in, but they might have to have an existing policy. I can't remember the details.

Strange Fruit

USAA, depending on what business you want to do, requires military service. I forget which is which.

But usaa rideshare is pretty great. I finally added it to my policy. Like $8 a month?

I think maybe it's banking that doesnt require service. But if your parents have done service, you are in, but they might have to have an existing policy. I can't remember the details.
During Navy boot camp we didn't wake up with erections like normal 18y/o males. Do they put something in the food? Maybe cuz it was after "don't ask don't tell" policy was enacted? Anyone?

Uberdriverlasvegas

If you can afford to add rideshare gap coverage, I highly suggest that you do so...

I recently added rideshare gap coverage thru Farmers. I have been with Farmers for 13 years as they carry the policy on my home and have insured multiple vehicles since I relocated to Las Vegas in 2004. I added rideshare gap coverage thru Farmers approx 2-months ago. My premium did not increase by much, perhaps due to also insuring my home as well as having a clean and accident free driving record. From what I've read online, Farmers was the first insurance carrier to offer rideshare gap insurance. If I were you, I'd steer clear of lower-end or 'budget' insurance carriers such as Progressive, General, GEICO, AARP, etc. As mentioned in a previous post, I added rideshare gap insurance thru my own insurance carrier because I do not trust that Uber and Lyft's insurance providers wouldn't look for the slightest loophole to deny a claim.

japarican

CHECK WEB CALLED THERIDESGAREGUY.com and search for insurance w each state they have really great stuff for uber/lyft drivers u will fix the best deal insurance

manuella

Mercury? Wow, never heard of them. Do they offer rideshare coverage?

USAA? I believe that's only for veterans, isn't it?
They do but they are sketchy ! cheap cheap insurance with minimum coverage but that's probably just the agent I dealt with on the phone.

When you add ride share I believe farmers switches you to Bristol west which is still farmers but "specialty" whatever that means, that's what they did to me.

Right now I pay 140$

RideShareJUNKIE

Establish Your Eligibility.
Before we begin, you'll need to have these items ready.
If you or your spouse served in the military, have that person's:

• Date of birth.
  • Social Security number.
  • Branch of service, rank and military service dates.
  • USAA number.
If your parent or spouse is a USAA member, you'll need their:

• Date of birth.
  • Social Security number and USAA number.

Here is how your eligibility is determined for USAA banking and/or insurance products:

You or your spouse serve, have served.
or
your parents serve/ have served.

Active Duty (Active or Reserve in any branch), Prior service (honorable discharge), cadets (ROTC) and midshipmen are all eligible.

Im happy with all the products and services that they offer (checking, saving, vision insurance, car insurance, credit card, renters, life insurance.

I guess Chasing Taliban in Afghanistan has its rewards, USAA RIDESHARE insurance, lol.

BTW to all on this forum that are serving or have served our country; Thank you for your service! (I know I know your just doing your job, but still). THE REAL 1 % of AMERICANS, Serve their country without hesitation!
"All gave some, some gave all!" never forget, FREEDOM is not FREE.

Peace.

CrashiusClay

During Navy boot camp we didn't wake up with erections like normal 18y/o males. Do they put something in the food? Maybe cuz it was after "don't ask don't tell" policy was enacted? Anyone?
Saltpeter was put in your eggs.

Saltpeter is also used to brine Johnny Hustle's corned beef (which can later become pastrami).