• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Auto Insurance for Food Delivery

Gbrents

Good Morning, everyone. I have a question, regarding Auto Insurance for vehicles doing food delivery and rates. Can anyone please help me with finding a Commercial Policy, which is reasonable, for delivering Food? I have ran into roadblocks in finding affordable insurance for my vehicle, to cover both commercial and for Personal use of the same vehicle, on a part time basis. I already checked out Progressive, and their rates are crazy high. CAn anyone help with some advice?

SuzeCB

Good Morning, everyone. I have a question, regarding Auto Insurance for vehicles doing food delivery and rates. Can anyone please help me with finding a Commercial Policy, which is reasonable, for delivering Food? I have ran into roadblocks in finding affordable insurance for my vehicle, to cover both commercial and for Personal use of the same vehicle, on a part time basis. I already checked out Progressive, and their rates are crazy high. CAn anyone help with some advice?
Depends on your market, I would imagine.

Don't you have coverage from Uber for Eats?

Gbrents

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Depends on your market, I would imagine.

Don't you have coverage from Uber for Eats?
No, they have said that they don’t offer Commercial Insurance, for Delivery. The only have personal Liability that I am given. But, in California, a food Delivery Driver has to have a Commercial policy to cover both private and Use for specialty deliveries. Uber Eats doesn’t require you have this coverage, but suggested that I should consider getting it, as my regular insurance company would probably cancel the policy, for not disclosing that I am going to be delivering food. The messed up thing is that they only require a “Ride/Passenger endorsement for my personal auto policy, to ride share in the same vehicle. Makes no sense to me. Commercial Insurance quote was $4900.00 a year, and passenger endorsement costs only 94.00 dollars a year, on top of the standard rate I have been paying.

Gbrents

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SuzeCB

No, they have said that they don’t offer Commercial Insurance, for Delivery. The only have personal Liability that I am given. But, in California, a food Delivery Driver has to have a Commercial policy to cover both private and Use for specialty deliveries. Uber Eats doesn’t require you have this coverage, but suggested that I should consider getting it, as my regular insurance company would probably cancel the policy, for not disclosing that I am going to be delivering food. The messed up thing is that they only require a “Ride/Passenger endorsement for my personal auto policy, to ride share in the same vehicle. Makes no sense to me. Commercial Insurance quote was $4900.00 a year, and passenger endorsement costs only 94.00 dollars a year, on top of the standard rate I have been paying.
They do provide it. It's the liability that you mentioned. What's NOT covered is YOUR car's damage, or YOUR personal injury (I highly recommend getting the insurance through Uber that will cover your P.I.)

Robert Larrison

Here's my solution
550lbs capacity 35 mph with drink holders and professional food heater
BTW I'm 56 with a 33" waist and made 38K last year
1547697438065849.jpg

Here's my another bike