Australia's latitude and longitude coordinates out by more than 1.5 metres

ptuberx

1.5 meters?

Try driving in the U.S.A.... sometimes their pin is off by several blocks. I had a pin today that showed up in the middle of a river. The pax called me and informed me the pin was wrong (duh), and he was actually located 5 miles west of where the pin was.

GPS is a wonderful thing... until it is wrong. They can reset the atomic clocks all day long on the satellites, but until Google or Waze find a way to compensate for accuracy problems by compiling more data errors, it is what it is.

tohunt4me

1.5 meters?

Try driving in the U.S.A.... sometimes their pin is off by several blocks. I had a pin today that showed up in the middle of a river. The pax called me and informed me the pin was wrong (duh), and he was actually located 5 miles west of where the pin was.

GPS is a wonderful thing... until it is wrong. They can reset the atomic clocks all day long on the satellites, but until Google or Waze find a way to compensate for accuracy problems by compiling more data errors, it is what it is.

Attachments

ptuberx

Polar Shift.
Aka- " Global Warming".

Ever wonder what happened to the dinosaurs ?
Well history suggests that the Dinosaurs were wiped out by a meteor the size of Mt Everest, which created instant "Global warming" in a matter of seconds, or minutes, depending on where you were on the planet during the blast-wave.

The polar shift of the magnetic field of the Earth has nothing to do with interaction with tidal-orbit locked satellites, or in the case of rider requests, triangulation. Satellites are affected by time shift, which occurs because they are far enough away from Earth to age slower, but are also effected by gravitational waves, etc. That is why the USAF resets their clocks every day.

tohunt4me

Well history suggests that the Dinosaurs were wiped out by a meteor the size of Mt Everest, which created instant "Global warming" in a matter of seconds, or minutes, depending on where you were on the planet during the blast-wave.

The polar shift of the magnetic field of the Earth has nothing to do with interaction with tidal-orbit locked satellites, or in the case of rider requests, triangulation. Satellites are affected by time shift, which occurs because they are far enough away from Earth to age slower, but are also effected by gravitational waves, etc. That is why the USAF resets their clocks every day.

Attachments