Australians are the Best tippers

Frank Ditt

Not to stereotype but in my experience Australians are by far the best tippers. I do XL and as such do a lot of vacationing families. I really can't think of a time I haven't gotten a tip from an Aussie. And it's usually 10 or 20 dollars. Did 8 trips yesterday for around $200. I made a total of $31 in tips. $30 from the two Aussie families and $1 for the other nonAussie Trips.

Hispanic maids and restaurant workers are pretty good tippers also. But usually a dollar or two, which is just fine.

Worse, young males. Not a single tip in 2000 rides from a male under 25.

LoveBC

Australia isn't a tipping culture so I'm guessing those fine folks must've done research before traveling so they don't inadvertently come off as rude.

I've gotten a tip from a young male. It was $40 on my one San Diego run. That was a fluke.

Frank Ditt

Australia isn't a tipping culture so I'm guessing those fine folks must've done research before traveling so they don't inadvertently come off as rude.

I've gotten a tip from a young male. It was $40 on my one San Diego run. That was a fluke.
Interesting. I just assumed tipping was a big deal there. I know in China they don't tip, and while the Chinese are really good passengers, I've never gotten a tip.

LoveBC

In Australia they don't tip, for example in restaurants the servers are paid much more than here in the us and the prices reflect it.

Duckling

I have not received single tip from Hispanics or Asians.
I always try to be nice and conversational. Help moving luggage or providing aux cord :frown:

LoveBC

I have not received single tip from Hispanics or Asians.
I always try to be nice and conversational. Help moving luggage or providing aux cord :frown:
In Garden Grove Westminster area middle age Vietnamese are usually dependable cash tippers. One time I gave three a ride a few miles to some seafood restaurant and all three handed over some cash.

Duckling

In Garden Grove Westminster area middle age Vietnamese are usually dependable cash tippers. One time I gave three a ride a few miles to some seafood restaurant and all three handed over some cash.
if I ever get a chance to go to Garden Grove (Never been there in 2 years of driving Uber), I will check out those viet ppl.

LoveBC

I haven't had the motivation to go but within a 5 mile radius of me there's got to be 1000s of Vietnamese pho and Korean BBQ and Cajun Seafood restaurants. No shortage of good food around here

Uncle-not-Ant

Lately Ausies have really expressed empathy for rideshare drivers, and have been tipping. They are usually talkative, and I guess they have bern hearing the miserable exsistance most rideshare drivers have made fore themselves. I tell them the truth of how much gross/profit I make...they are sympathetic more than empathetic...but have been tipping most every ride.

jester121

In Australia they don't tip, for example in restaurants the servers are paid much more than here in the us and the prices reflect it.
So does the service, particularly the level of attentiveness. Hope you aren't on a tight schedule trying to make a show or something, you're in for a leisurely-paced experience.