[Australia, Melbourne] Is late night driving low ratings an issue?

tna

Apparently in America, drivers will take a hit when driving late nights and weekends. Is it the same as Australia, more specifically, Melbourne?
I have been driving mostly weekend nights for more than a year. I have got two warning messages because of low rating when I started because I didn't know the city streets very well.
If you acquaint yourself with a few main streets, you will have no problem. Most of the paxs behave these days if you drive within 20km from CBD.

Chirsg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just recently dropped from a 4.8 to a 4.7 on Wednesday night and I'm very concerned. I started driving at 4pm and spanned to around 2am. I wouldn't mind getting some more info on this, because I find this very unfair.

Drivingthecattlehome

Apparently in America, drivers will take a hit when driving late nights and weekends. Is it the same as Australia, more specifically, Melbourne?
I think you take a hit with peak hour crowd especially if they are running late. Morning crowd is worst. Night crowd just want to have fun or going out. Much more relaxed and I turn up volume on their Spotify music and join in party. Always get great reviews and 5 stars.

rjch

My driver rating peaked at 4.89 when I was mostly driving days, however since I now mostly do Friday/Saturday nights (plus one or two morning peaks during the week) it's slowly declined to 4.86. Yes, you do seem to take a bit of a hit, but not a big one - at least I'm not.

Who is John Galt?

I just recently dropped from a 4.8 to a 4.7 on Wednesday night and I'm very concerned. I started driving at 4pm and spanned to around 2am. I wouldn't mind getting some more info on this, because I find this very unfair.
Contact u bé he may have the answer - this is from another thread:

I was serious. I reported and complained about ratings all the time. It's an unjustified rating system.
I never think I deserve any 1*

if they keep rate me badly I'll have to rip them off with fees and then I'll rate myself by paying back those fees to uber

johnnoaussie

Hard to say deinitively. Most experienced drivers would say the more surge trips you do, the greater the chance your ratings will suffer as pax are grumpy about paying more and take it out the only way they know how to.

I'm still amazed at the number of pax who don't understand it's not drivers who control surge pricing.

In my experience a car full of self entitled little millennial f*cks are most likely to downrate because you're not funny or cool enough, ask them to put seatbelts on or not to bring their open drinks (when pretty drunk) into the car.

No mind, my 2 stars does them more damage than their 2 stars.

zamzam

Thats ok... there are some idiots in riders... no matter what you do, they still rate you low.
Take it easy and move on.

Chirsg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hard to say deinitively. Most experienced drivers would say the more surge trips you do, the greater the chance your ratings will suffer as pax are grumpy about paying more and take it out the only way they know how to.

I'm still amazed at the number of pax who don't understand it's not drivers who control surge pricing.

In my experience a car full of self entitled little millennial f*cks are most likely to downrate because you're not funny or cool enough, ask them to put seatbelts on or not to bring their open drinks (when pretty drunk) into the car.

That makes sense. I'm a bit of a surge hunter. That explains a fair bit. To be honest, I only hunt surges because I'm convinced that there are lots of pax that want to be picked up. I wouldn't mind if they took out surge altogether to avoid bad ratings

Tiktak

Not if you tell them "there is surge attached to their trip". I have Always done that and they love it.

Possibly yes. I have heard from other drivers. Mainly because they're too tired and predominantly drunk thus no communication. Also, their requirements such as going via the drive throughs, auxiliary cables etc.