• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Austin #SlowDown (Feb 13 & Feb 14)

Ziggy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Uber and Lyft don't have to be cheap. The biggest thing for most of us was convenience -- you could grab a ride in a few minutes.
Correct ... that's why I drive Lux and cater to a clientele who is willing to pay a premium for the Lux service. However, I also know from 12 months Uber experience that Uber will eventually lower Lux & Select rates ... as they have lowered Select in the past. Which is why so many Lux drivers took the weekend off nationwide to support our fellow X drivers with hopes that Uber will not lower the rates on premium cars - Select, Lux, Black, SUV, Lux Suv.

Fundamentally, most Uber drivers oppose Surge Rates ... as long as the base fares are fair & reasonable; many of us believe that Surge should be capped at 2X ... if fares for X went back to Jan 2015 fares (or same as taxi, in most markets). Only noob drivers chase surge and only desperate pax ride surge; capping surge at 2X would provide a better service across the board for most pax and most drivers.

I too like the convenience of Uber ... and prefer the ride to cabs. When I order a car, I tend to use Black, Select or Lux most often.

krytenTX

I didn't see this post until today. I was in Houston for the 3-day weekend, so count me as a non-driver for Uber in Austin for the weekend. Glad I could help :wink:

Stratos

Scanning this thread real quick I thought I saw a comment about wanting to do this EVERY weekend till SXSW. Or was it lets do this again for the SXSW weekends?

Ziggy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Scanning this thread real quick I thought I saw a comment about wanting to do this EVERY weekend till SXSW. Or was it lets do this again for the SXSW weekends?
We're going to probably do a SlowDown every Wednesday or Thursday ... this will be scheduled and announced so consumers know about it. And then we're also going to do an impromptu 1-2 hour #SlowDown that will be coordinated with drivers as they happen.

We're finalizing some details ... and I'll announce them here shortly