1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Austin #SlowDown (Feb 13 & Feb 14)

Discussion in 'Austin' started by Ziggy, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy

Austin #SlowDown on Feb 13 (Sat) - Feb 14 (Sun) due to fare cuts.

So far, we have firm commitments from 40 full-time drivers to #SlowDown ... we'll probably need at least 100 drivers to make an impact. We've selected the Feb 13-14 weekend due to Valentine's Day & President's Day holiday weekend ... considering the heartfelt "screw the drivers" message we got from Uber 2 weeks ago. There is no impact unless we all take a stand and we hold firm and not be tempted by lame surges.

If you're interested in participating in Austin #SlowDown ... send me a PM and I'll get you in touch with the #SlowDown steering committee.

Slowdown definition: an occasion when employees work more slowly and with less effort than usual in order to try to persuade an employer to agree to higher pay or better working conditions.

2. BobbyATX

BobbyATX

My wife already told me I can't work so I'm in :)

Nate R, BEE CAVER and Ziggy like this.
  3. Jared Wallace

Jared Wallace

I'm down. (of course I won't be taking any Uber at all for the foreseeable future as well lol)

Nate R and Ziggy like this.
  4. ATXFALCON

ATXFALCON

Driving:
    Lyft
    Started Uber 7-14 been full time lyft for over a year. I quit this week with the Lyft cuts. Not doing XL or plus for 50 cents less either. I got a text from lyft today about their reasoning for screwing us drivers, and how now prime time is no longer capped (even though you don't know what your picking up now). I text back tell John at Lyft "I quit!" it bounced back as messenger not working haha. We should show up at the council meeting with big signs about how uber / lyft don't care about the drivers pax. Glad I didn't collect signatures! But i'll tell you i'm enjoying doing other things, and not dealing with the scumbag pax.

5. strongarm

strongarm

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I'm driving until I get hired back at old job. Delivering pizzas ha did math last night I'll make about the same as far as mileage reimbursement plus I'd be getting w2 and insurance. I probably won't have to wait 2 hours for someone to order pizza. Havn't driven for Uber in 2 days got an email begging me back. My registration went out so they kicked me. I might see how long Lyft lets me go on driving.

Lnsky, Jeff C, Nate R and 1 other person like this.
  6. Jay Dean

Jay Dean

The new app is so hideous I deleted it right away, so the slowdown is def in effect!

7. ATXFALCON

ATXFALCON

Driving:
    Lyft
    NP here. I quit! Go bag groceries, no wear on your car, over head, taxes, and you'd get treated with more respect

Nate R likes this.
  8. Stratos

Stratos

Driving:
    UberX
    I've been doing slow down sense Dec. Didn't you all get the memo ;)

9. Nate R

Nate R

I'm all in!

ATX-Aggie likes this.
  10. Ziggy

Ziggy

Here's the official poster (http://qpn.me/u/poster) for Austin #SlowDown on Feb 13-14 ... please make other drivers aware of the Feb 13-14 SlowDown.
    Become a fan of the official facebook page for Uber Austin #SlowDown (http://qpn.me/u/fbslow).

Driver should stay offline as much as possible on Feb 13-14 ... spend it with your family, friends or dogs
    If you must work ... Do not take any non-surge trips during the #SlowDown

Hopefully, #SlowDown will prompt Uber to restore X back to Taxi Fares. If not, our PAC will rollout the #StopWork activities
    *while we can't legally "Strike" since we're not employees, there is nothing that requires us to work ... as long as we take 1 trip a month to stay active. Hopefully, between the #UberSuperBowlStrike & Austin #SlowDown ... Uber will reverse the latest round of pay cuts, otherwise we'll rollout #StopWork
    *note: Ziggy is not on the #SlowDown steering committee ... but Ziggy strongly supports #SlowDown & #UberSuperBowlStrike

UberAnnoyed, ATX-Aggie and Nate R like this.
  11. Nate R

Nate R

I like it Ziggy!

Ziggy likes this.
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy

13. Tx rides

Tx rides

If you're going to drive non-profit, make it count! Drive a vet and his/her date for free!

SATX and Nate R like this.
  14. Ziggy

Ziggy

As a vet myself, I always give fellow vets free or at least highly discounted rides. Even tried to give a 2-star general a free ride one day ... he, in turn, gave me a $50 tip.

Tx rides likes this.
  15. Tx rides

Tx rides

There are a lot of old geezer vets out there who should not be driving (ahem...my Daddy being one of them!!) we love to repay them for their service, AND help keep them alive another day :)

16. Ziggy

Ziggy

Yep ... I'll be an old geezer vet someday ... but not for a long while ;)

Nate R likes this.
  17. Tx rides

Tx rides

When it happens, I hope some young whipper snapper drives you to Denny's from time to time!!!:D

SATX and Ziggy like this.
  18. Ziggy

Ziggy

I should be covered for a bit ... since my girlfriend is 20 years younger than me; so as long as I keep her happy, I'll have someone to drive me around for a while ... if she doesn't drive me crazy first ... lol

SATX and Tx rides like this.
  19. Ziggy

Ziggy

Just got interviewed by http://austininno.streetwise.co/ regarding Austin Uber #SlowDown ... they are going to publish an article about the slowdown later this week. Anyone else interested in speaking to the reporter, let me know.

Nate R likes this.
  20. Nate R

Nate R

Should let ATX 22ATX 22 say a few words. He does so quiet eloquently.

Ziggy likes this.