Austin driver- envisble situation

kbrown

If I were you, I'd be collecting names of potential customers and putting together schedules to drive them to work and home. Why wait for fuber and lyft or let another tech company pimp you out? Freelance!

vnphantom

It's illegal to drive for more than the federal reimbursement rate without an operating authority, chauffeur license, and commercial insurance. Just FYI. Do it at your own risk.

Ziggy

It's illegal to drive for more than the federal reimbursement rate without an operating authority, chauffeur license, and commercial insurance. Just FYI. Do it at your own risk.
Correct. It could result in several $500 tickets and an impounded car. AND much worse if you get into an accident while doing said illegal transporting of pax

Tx rides

If I were you, I'd be collecting names of potential customers and putting together schedules to drive them to work and home. Why wait for fuber and lyft or let another tech company pimp you out? Freelance!
You'd better have commercial insurance, and operating authority, otherwise you're not only illegal per city regulations, you're an uninsured motorist per state law.

Tx rides

Only....it's not just his/her risk, it's your risk, and mine, and every other insured driver on the street :-)