1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Augusta Average Earnings UberX?

Discussion in 'Augusta' started by Grasor, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Grasor

Grasor New Member

Hi all,

I've been driving for a couple of weeks and while I find it enjoyable I don't know if I'm doing very well. I'm part time during the week when I am able to get out of work early and Friday nights for right now. On Friday I drove 8:30 PM to 1:00 AM and only had eight fares totaling about $45. A trip out to Grovetown slowed my rate a bit, but not that much. I try to hang out around Rt. 28 and I-20.

How does that compare to what a more experienced driver might expect to receive on a Friday night over similar hours?

Thanks,
    G

KekeLo likes this.
  2. KekeLo

KekeLo Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Do not take min fare rides only surge.;)

3. Grasor

Grasor New Member

You're in LA. We don't get surges in Augusta, GA like you do. I hardly ever catch a surge. The two times I've been pinged by someone in a surge area it was roughly 2.5 - 3.0 surge and both times they either stood me up or cancelled claiming they "didn't mean to order an Uber."

negeorgia likes this.
  4. Uber-n-augusta

Uber-n-augusta New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I am starting UBER as a driver in May. I am going to see about making flyers/buisness cards to leave at hotspots(bars/parks/barracks/staff duty on base) to encourage people to sign up. Figure the free $20 first ride will sale alot of Soldiers on and hopefully they will stick with the service.

5. Grasor

Grasor New Member

Just remember that Uber is not technically permitted to operate within Fort Gordon. Yellow Cab has exclusive rights to pickup and drop off within the base. Uber technically can only go as far as the visitor center at Gate 1 off Gordon Highway.

That said, my experience has been that 95% of the clients I've picked up are not soldiers and those that were are just looking to get around town after they are outside of the base. I have been asked several times to take them to Fort Gordon. If you want to try it just make sure they have a valid unexpired CAC (military ID) and let them know it may not work out if the guard sees your driving for Uber.

Uber-n-augusta likes this.

6. Uber-n-augusta

Uber-n-augusta New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    That is good to know, I am actually in the military so I did not even consider that. I will talk with some of the career people at soldier transition center and see what I can do to help with the issue. I would have no problem talking to the CG or CSM about the benifits of Soldiers driving Soldiers during off duty hours to keep drunk driving down and safety up.

7. Willie2155

Willie2155 New Member

Today is my first day driving for Uber. I am a bit dissapointed. I had 7 fares for $38 and this took 6 hours. Is this normal for Augusta on a Sunday?

negeorgia likes this.
  8. Novus Caesar

Novus Caesar Active Member

I have dropped people off on Ft. Gordon but I have a military ID as well. No problem. When you come through the gate just show the guard everyone's ID.

9. Novus Caesar

Novus Caesar Active Member

I stay either downtown or on Washington Rd. This is mostly the bars and Country Club crowd. I get between 100-200 for 10 hours total on Friday and Saturday night.

10. ImJustRoscoe

ImJustRoscoe New Member

Sundays are SLOOOWWWWW

11. ImJustRoscoe

ImJustRoscoe New Member

Augusta does not have enough regular daily ride requests to make a "living" driving for Uber. We are too tourism and event dependent for good money days. I have been up front with anyone asking... UBER DOES NOT PAY THE RENT... that's what my full-time job is for. My Uber hours are for play money. I had two weeks vacation that I *had* to use or lose... and I really worked peak hours and days... and still only walked away with about $250 each week.

negeorgia likes this.
  12. Enail

Enail Member

Oh man!

I heard Augusta was a good place for Uber, that's crazy. I uber part time in Kennesaw and I just head to Atlanta and clear 700-800/wk minimum with around 20-25 hours.

13. ImJustRoscoe

ImJustRoscoe New Member

I got an email invite to drive in Atlanta for Labor Day because of all the sporting events and DragonCon. I *lost* money. I was very disappointed in the fact that the market was FLOODED with drivers and there was a significant delay in between rides. Working from 6 or 7am, through 11pm or midnight all weekend and barely cleared $400 all weekend.

14. ImJustRoscoe

ImJustRoscoe New Member

I will also add that I'm originally from Atlanta and worked nearly a decade there for public safety... it's not like I didn't know the city, or how to get around, or where Hotspots were either. The downside of Atlanta was that you couldn't pick up at Hartsfield without risking impound and citations.

15. Enail

Enail Member

Yeah I'd stay clear during promos bc of the inflation of drivers, unless it's like 100 extra for x Amt of trips.

Just a tip, I usually clear another hundred between 1-3am. I would recommend late late night in the ATL.

16. ImJustRoscoe

ImJustRoscoe New Member

Oh lesson learned for sure...

17. Randal

Randal New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Yeah, Augusta is definitely a losing deal for drivers. Each person gotta come to that conclusion eventually tho.

negeorgia likes this.
  18. negeorgia

negeorgia Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I have done 1 Augusta trip. 4 very sweet, older ladies. Original request and 3 stops to pick up her friends. $8 plus $2.00 cash. I hope their driver back home was OK with 4 drop offs, lol.

19. UberAiken

UberAiken New Member

New to this site and looking to sign up to drive in the Augusta/Aiken area on the weekends for a little extra side money. Not sure if it's worth it from what I have seen so far. Was hoping to build up some driving time before the Masters.