August Nats Park Game Meetup

DeplorableDonald

We discussed doing a Meetup at a Nats game on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

How's Sunday August 13th at 1:35 P.M.? S.F. Giants play.

Tickets start at $17 for nosebleed seats. We can meet up somewhere in the stadium.

Any thoughts?

Jo3030

I am down.
How are we gonna handle the ticket purchases...
I mean, someone could "POOL" together all the tix to begin with
Or I guess we can all agree to buy tix in one particular section / row in nosebleeds?

That's my biggest question right now

DeplorableDonald

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am down.
How are we gonna handle the ticket purchases...
I mean, someone could "POOL" together all the tix to begin with
Or I guess we can all agree to buy tix in one particular section / row in nosebleeds?

That's my biggest question right now
I like you bunch of deplorables but, no offense, I am not putting any money out with the promise of 'I'll take care of you' lol.

Everyone buys their own ticket. I'll double check the nosebleed section. They were $17

HPClays

I think an evening weekday game would be better...personally

And I concur that we all just buy our ticket separately and meet somewhere

HPClays

So are we doing the 13th? I'm in, we should collaborate and at least try to get seats in the same area.

Another Uber Driver

Why go to Stubhub and pay a premium? There are still more than a few seats available in the 300s, 400s and the outfield. You can go to the Nationals website and pick from the seat map. We do not have that date on our season plan, so I could buy a ticket. I can get up early for Mass then ride the bicycle down there. Either that, or go to Mass at the Catholic Church on M @ South Capitol. They start a Mass on Sunday an hour before first pitch, for those of you who are Catholic and want to go to games but must go to Mass.

It is against San Francisco. Congress may or may not be out, so it might be a popular game. San Francisco is not very good this year, but usually SF does draw a crowd. They got Mark Melancon from Washington. GF is a big fan of Melancon. We are going Friday and Saturday. I do not mind going a third day. Last year, when we first bought the plan for this year, they gave us every September game free.

Jo3030

I was just looking at pricing and the official site wanted $30 for tickets in the 300's.
I see that the same tix on Stubhub are much cheaper.

I didn't check Seatgeek but I'm not going to spend too much.

DeplorableDonald

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why go to Stubhub and pay a premium? There are still more than a few seats available in the 300s, 400s and the outfield. You can go to the Nationals website and pick from the seat map. We do not have that date on our season plan, so I could buy a ticket. I can get up early for Mass then ride the bicycle down there. Either that, or go to Mass at the Catholic Church on M @ South Capitol. They start a Mass on Sunday an hour before first pitch, for those of you who are Catholic and want to go to games but must go to Mass.

It is against San Francisco. Congress may or may not be out, so it might be a popular game. San Francisco is not very good this year, but usually SF does draw a crowd. They got Mark Melancon from Washington. GF is a big fan of Melancon. We are going Friday and Saturday. I do not mind going a third day. Last year, when we first bought the plan for this year, they gave us every September game free.
I would say if we have a chance of having our esteemed Moderator and fountain of knowledge Another Uber Driver actually come.to a Meetup on this date/time, we do it then.

Sunday the 13th it is?

Another Uber Driver

I was just looking at pricing and the official site wanted $30 for tickets in the 300's.
I see that the same tix on Stubhub are much cheaper.
Stubhub cheaper?????!!!??? Perhaps some people bought tickets, then, but suddenly plans changed. Usually the site has them for less than Stubhub, as Stubhub charges a premium.

mpm017

I've always found Nats tickets to be cheaper on Stubhub due to the Nats dynamic pricing system. I only save money on tickets buying direct from the team whenever I hit up Camden. I'm a hardcore baseball fanatic and am always down for a game and would love to meet some other drivers but I have to agree that 1:35 on a Sunday in August sounds miserable but if you all agree on it I may make the 50 mile journey to S. Capitol St. and bring my son along so I can have an excuse for my wife

Jo3030

It *IS* possible that those prices are w/o the surcharges.
Even so, when I see $35 official tix going for $19 elsewhere, it piques my interest