August 1st business license?

WorkHardPlayHard

I saw on the forum awhile ago that drivers in San Francisco are required to have business licenses, and that the due date was extended to August 1st.
I started driving in Spring 2016.
Is it for all drivers? I never got any notices about it in the mail or email.

How many of you guys have business licenses so far?

soupergloo

I have mine and I'm waiting on the city of SF to refund the penalties I paid that are no longer required. :mad:

drexl_s

soupergloo
What rate did it show you for 2017? I just did mine, and it was about $250. So I asked them and they told me to ignore it and just send in $91. But I said, 2017 year should not have any fees attached to it, so why is 2017 showing more than $91. No answer, need to call back Monday morning. So I wonder if your 2017 is around $250 as well?

soupergloo

soupergloo
What rate did it show you for 2017? I just did mine, and it was about $250. So I asked them and they told me to ignore it and just send in $91. But I said, 2017 year should not have any fees attached to it, so why is 2017 showing more than $91. No answer, need to call back Monday morning. So I wonder if your 2017 is around $250 as well?
I honestly don't remember the numbers, but it had the penalties attached and I sent them some number over $500. I only started doing Uber March 2015.

drexl_s

Thanks, yeah, I asked them to look at bill, but the lady said need to call back before 5pm as she does not have access to that detail. I know I must have entered something wrong,but I said no for all the taxes, elected the tnc driver; so not sure why bill was $250. Good luck to you getting money back. Hopefully everyone here will get the license by 8/31 to back pay all fees without penalties. After 8/31, penalties will stick.

Ubersome

I never received any letter or email regarding the requirement to get a business license for driving in SF.
The only information about this business license I got was from this forum and some news articles a few months ago.
Therefore, I have not registered.
I will only register when I am informed by the city or by Uber.
Anyone in the same situation?

uberhernder

I never received any letter or email regarding the requirement to get a business license for driving in SF.
The only information about this business license I got was from this forum and some news articles a few months ago.
Therefore, I have not registered.
I will only register when I am informed by the city or by Uber.
Anyone in the same situation?
I just received the letter today and I'm in the southbay. I guess I have to register now before the Aug 31 deadline.