Auckland nz - coverage area of food places

gordonisnz

Hello. I am an Uber eats customer in Auckland’s north shore (New Zealand).

Yes - a nz wide forum will be good. Anyway I am wondering if anyone here is a driver in the north shore area? Takapuna. I am noticing a very odd thing with coverage areas of food shops.

I like mcdonalds (the only European place in Uber - the rest are all Asian type places - but not Chinese that I like).

Anyway I log in this week and can no longer get mcdonalds. I used to be able to but they’ve reduced the coverage area (Uber has). I can log in and get food from places 3-4 times the distance than I am to mcdonalds.

Do any drivers also see weird coverage areas, some shops you can get food half way across the city but other places you need to be living 1-2 blocks away.

Very frustrating as it’s the only food place I like on Uber..

G.

gordonisnz

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Uber has stopped me ordering from MCDonalds - though in order to deliver to someone else -- that CAN get McD - the driver has to pass my house. (Akoranga drive store). Ive ordered Hell pizza tonight - 1st time since MON 31 DECEMBER. (ordered Hell directly - not via Uber)

Me sad :frown:

Mcdonalds - VERY Big chain of fast food - Very tiny coverage area compared with other foods.

gordonisnz

I'm giving up on Uber eats - (maybe i'll suffer through BK sometime - but i prefer McD). You cannot contact anyone with half a brain.

1) a house on my road can get McD delivered - uber *HAS* to drive past my house to get there. but cant deliver to my house.

2) Another test - different addresses. 2 houses on a main road CAN get McD delivered - driver has to pass through a MOTORWAY to get to those 2 addresses. other addresses on the SAME road cant get McD.

3) from a different McD. Driver goes along main road - Turns right onto a side road (across traffic) and turns around to deliver to a house.

ALTHOUGH - the house/address on the corner of that road (the driver HAS to pass) - Is out of coverage area.

The only way the driver can legally deliver to the furthest address WITHOUT passing the house on the corner - is to drive backwards 1-2KM against the traffic. and I think thats illegal anyway.

Classified

Hello. I am an Uber eats customer in Auckland’s north shore (New Zealand).

Yes - a nz wide forum will be good. Anyway I am wondering if anyone here is a driver in the north shore area? Takapuna. I am noticing a very odd thing with coverage areas of food shops.

I like mcdonalds (the only European place in Uber - the rest are all Asian type places - but not Chinese that I like).

Anyway I log in this week and can no longer get mcdonalds. I used to be able to but they’ve reduced the coverage area (Uber has). I can log in and get food from places 3-4 times the distance than I am to mcdonalds.

Do any drivers also see weird coverage areas, some shops you can get food half way across the city but other places you need to be living 1-2 blocks away.

Very frustrating as it’s the only food place I like on Uber..

G.
I’m in Wellington, I do not do Ubereats, but have noticed how some places can deliver far, others not so far, I think restaurants set thier own delivery zones to not breach another stores area. And it could also do with food safety

A nz forum has never worked, even though there is 6500 drivers in nz most don’t come here,

gordonisnz

I’m in Wellington, I do not do Ubereats, but have noticed how some places can deliver far, others not so far, I think restaurants set thier own delivery zones to not breach another stores area. And it could also do with food safety

A nz forum has never worked, even though there is 6500 drivers in nz most don’t come here,
Ive got the email address of the local Mcdonalds manager & they've said (multiple times) that UBER sets the coverage area. funny thing is, im in the coverage area of TWO Burger Kings. (one of those BKs is 30-40 meters FURTHER away from the Mcdonalds I cant get.)

Classified

Ive got the email address of the local Mcdonalds manager & they've said (multiple times) that UBER sets the coverage area. funny thing is, im in the coverage area of TWO Burger Kings. (one of those BKs is 30-40 meters FURTHER away from the Mcdonalds I cant get.)
I would disagree with what McDonalds says, remember they do have multiple managers, and they are not the ones who activate Uber eats. It’s usually the owner, which they can change settings on their end,