1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Auburn attorney says 58-year-old Lyft driver severely beaten by AU student

Discussion in 'News' started by Danny3xd, Sep 28, 2018.

1. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Moderator

"Early Sunday morning, an Auburn University student assaulted Lennie Hartzog, a local Lyft driver, after driving him home from downtown Auburn. Upon arriving at his destination, he refused to get out of her vehicle, so she called 911. She was instructed to get out of her car, open his door and ask him to exit her vehicle. When she did, he assaulted her causing multiple injuries to her face, shoulder, arm, and hands. The suspect was arrested on felony assault charges,"

https://www.wrbl.com/news/local-new...iver-severely-beaten-by-au-student/1478040036

"..... so she called 911. She was instructed to get out of her car, open his door and ask him to exit her vehicle. When she did, he assaulted her causing multiple injuries to her face, shoulder, arm, and hands."

just_me and tohunt4me like this.
  2. "She was instructed to get out of her car, open his door and ask him to exit her vehicle"

I'm not easily suprised or shocked. I've seen and heard every kind of stupid. Hopefully the appropriate person loses their job.

Lee239, just_me, MHR and 2 others like this.
  3. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Moderator

My very first thought, ETU.

Well, after WTF.

Ya know and thinking about it now. Think I feel for who ever. I'd be... dunno. Just awful stuff

MHR and tohunt4me like this.
  4. njn

njn

"Lyft takes these allegations seriously, we have deactivated Lennie Hartzog. Lyft does not condone this behavior on our app. We cannot allow drivers to sue our customers."

CarterPeerless, just_me, MHR and 7 others like this.
  5. Kodyhead

Kodyhead

Driving:
    UberSUV
    You never know the operator could of been following protocol, then just the police get sued

tohunt4me likes this.
  6. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery
    Well, you just don't drive around Auburn University in a red car yelling "Roll Tide!!!"

Alcohol will cause that student his freedom and education for the next couple of years along with restitution and will also give Lennie a nice six figure settlement from Lyft.

7. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

Terrible. Driving after midnight in a college town is not a good idea.

tohunt4me likes this.
  8. HotUberMess

HotUberMess

Said this before.. in night hours, college pax going to the bars are worse than “bad hood pax”.

Anyway, kid... enjoy your change of uni to the Alabama Prison System

LyftNewbie10, just_me, MHR and 4 others like this.
  9. mrpjfresh

mrpjfresh

Driving:
    UberX
    Guy apparently has more mother issues than Norman Bates if an older woman waking him up (out of a drunken/drug induced stupor?) sets him off into a violent rage. I wonder if he even remembers pummeling this poor woman? Terrible.

MHR and tohunt4me like this.
  10. (He’s probably going to get house arrest/probation for a first offense. He will plea down misdemeanor charges and get a probation/house arrest.

The worst hood pax have ever done is screwed me over not paid a few times. That and left drugs in the car.

All my violent incidents have involved alchohol.

Yuppies.

MoreTips and tohunt4me like this.
  11. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery
    He better hope to God he can plea it to a misdemeanor. A felony nowadays ruins you for the rest of your life.

UberLaLa and tohunt4me like this.
  12. dirtylee

dirtylee

Driving:
    UberX

NOPE. THIS IS FELONY ASSAULT

beatlyft.jpg

AUBURN, Ala. (WRBL) - An Auburn Lyft driver is recovering from serious injuries after her attorney tells News 3 she was beaten by an Auburn University student after she drove him home from downtown Auburn early Sunday night. [​IMG]

Auburn police confirm to News 3, 20-year-old Jess Erwin Ralston of Auburn was arrested on Monday, September 24th and charged with assault third degree. Police say on Sunday, September 23, 2018, at approximately 1:00 a.m. APD Officers responded to a report of an assault in the parking lot of an apartment complex in the 200 block of W. Longleaf Drive. [​IMG]

Police say a 58-year-old female from Auburn was assaulted by a male, later identified as Ralston. The victim sustained physical injuries to her face and arm and was transported by ambulance to EAMC for treatment. Monday, September 24th Officers obtained a warrant for Ralston's arrest charging him with assault third degree; he was located, taken into custody and transported to the Lee County Jail.

Attorney Trip Walton has identified the woman who was assaulted as 58-year-old Lennie Hartzog. Walton says Hartzog is a local Lyft driver who works several other jobs to make ends meet. Walton says early Sunday morning Hartzog was driving Ralston home from downtown Auburn when he says the Auburn University student assaulted her.[​IMG]

"Early Sunday morning, an Auburn University student assaulted Lennie Hartzog, a local Lyft driver, after driving him home from downtown Auburn. Upon arriving at his destination, he refused to get out of her vehicle, so she called 911. She was instructed to get out of her car, open his door and ask him to exit her vehicle. When she did, he assaulted her causing multiple injuries to her face, shoulder, arm, and hands. The suspect was arrested on felony assault charges," Walton told News 3.

Ms. Hartzog is being represented by Walton and Catherine Moncus of Walton Law Firm, P.C. in Auburn, Alabama. News 3 is arranging an interview with Ms. Harzog about the incident.

[​IMG]

Meanwhile, Auburn police tell News 3 the case remains under investigation, and felony assault charges are possible, depending on the medical determination of the severity of the victim's injuries.

13. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow

Just in case nobody really noticed, the above is stating quite clearly that the pax assaulted the driver after the pax drove the driver home.

I mean, if we're not seeing hoax stories, we're seeing stories where the author of the article has no business writing an article.

Rakos, Jagger51, MHR and 1 other person like this.
  14. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery
    Meanwhile, Auburn police tell News 3 the case remains under investigation, and felony assault charges are possible, depending on the medical determination of the severity of the victim's injuries.

Assault 3rd degree in AL is a misdemeanor.

tohunt4me likes this.
  15. A 20 Year old beat a 58 year old woman like THAT ?

Sociopaths in College.

They going to LIKE him in Prison.

Hes " pretty".

Lennie is Supposed to be a masculine name . . . just saying.

Whats missing in this story ?

Well
    If the parents come up with. $50 k settlement offer and cover ambulance + medical . . .
    I could drop charges.

If the punk gets counseling.
    Probation hinging on counseling plus $50 k.

Attached Files:

16. kcdrvr15

kcdrvr15

Driving:
    Lyft
    Unless of course, the student is one "at risk" then they only get in school suspension. And good luck with collecting anything from James Rivers Insurance company, last I heard they have over 26K law suits from not paying claims. There was a driver here in KC that was attacked couple years ago, his car was totaled and he spent weekend in hospital. NADA, not a penny.

tohunt4me likes this.
  17. Sounds like the whole organization is unraveling !

18. Such a pretty boy! Big Bubba will have a special showertime surprise in store for him in County.

just_me, New2This and Danny3xd like this.
  19. Boy you dropped the soap..

"No i didn't"

"Yes.. you did"

Looks like felony assault to me to...

Problem is some ADA is going to offer reduced charges for a guilty plea and not drag it out for months without a guarantee of this little prick losing in court.

20. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Moderator

"Whats your major?"

"Assault and minoring in 5 to 10"

New2This and HotUberMess like this.