ATX gurus, How to run all these apps?

Transition

Now that most of us are driving multiple ride shares, how do you operate them together without getting a phone for each? Can you just start them all up on one phone? If so, do some have to sit open & on top go get calls? Will surfing internet while sitting waiting for a trip inhibit receiving trips? thank you in advance for your input.

Ziggy

It mostly depends on what class/car you drive, what TNCs you're signed up for and which phone/tablet you have.

My setup is as follows ... I drive Lux & Lux SUV:
- iPhone - GetMe, Fare
- Samsung tablet - GetMe, Fasten, Fare

*the following apps I'm not running due to their crappy rates and/or crappy policies - InstaRyde, RideAustin, Wingz, Uber, Lyft. I haven't tested ScoopMe, ReDriver or TRide ... though based on the rates/policies, I will not install ReDriver. And the jury is still out on ScoopMe and TRide.

Most of the full-time drivers I know are running at least 2 devices; one is running with 4 devices. Frankly, I think 2 devices is enough; I don't think I'll ever run more than 5 apps.

tcc83

I have an iphone so I am thinking about going with getme/fare. Have only been getme to date but it is slow. Does fare ping you when you are closest to a ride like uber? If so, it would be easy to peck at getme while waiting. Then you can give your fare code to getme passengers and hope to pick up a little residual income over time. Its a lot of hustle for not a lot of money, but its the best strategy I can come up with at the moment. Also, does fare have a tipping component in the app?

Ziggy

I have an iphone so I am thinking about going with getme/fare. Have only been getme to date but it is slow. Does fare ping you when you are closest to a ride like uber? If so, it would be easy to peck at getme while waiting. Then you can give your fare code to getme passengers and hope to pick up a little residual income over time. Its a lot of hustle for not a lot of money, but its the best strategy I can come up with at the moment. Also, does fare have a tipping component in the app?
Both Fare & GetMe have tipping ... but I get more tips on Fare.
Fare pings closest driver ... so you can peck while waiting on Fare

Transition

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Ziggy. I have 2 droid devices. Currently I drive Fare & am signing up for Fasten. I just wasn't sure if they would run concurrently. It sounds like they will. Thank you very much greatly appreciated.

Klimber

ReDriver is a total piece of crap. kept crashing on my pax registration which they requite to drive. Junk.

Klimber

Ziggy, are drivers using some sort of script to get peck and accept faster? just seems jobs fly past.

AustinAggie

I'm a noob (been at this 6 weeks). I run GetMe, Fare, and Fasten on one phone. I don't have problems staying busy.

I'm sure I could get more efficient.
GM becomes my 3rd choice on busy nights as you have to grab their rides quickly and you're not sure what you just picked up until it is too late.

I have not had time to analyze which pays better between Fare & Fasten. Before last weekend Fasten kept me the busiest but it took a crap Friday and Saturday nights at the worst time. That worked out because I got the Fare nightly bonuses.
I will say that last Friday was mostly Fasten and Saturday was mostly Fare. I ran about 6 fewer trips on Saturday and made $20 less, including bonuses.

El Gato

Ziggy, are drivers using some sort of script to get peck and accept faster? just seems jobs fly past.
What it is is that people are just accepting jobs without looking at any info on how far they are from the pax location.

I had a GetMe pax couple of days ago from Zilker to Barton Springs and I was parked in the lot behind Chuy's. I'm quick but I at least first check to see how far the pax is before blindly accosting the request. I accepted but was beat out by another driver. I thought, "man I was pretty quick on that one, as once I saw Zilker I knew I was close, and needed no other info. Whatever." I continue the pecking and Lo and behold there she is again, so I accept again but am beat out again. This happens a 3rd time and it's not till it pops up the fourth time that I go quickly to accept without reading any of the details (I'd seen it so many times that I knew everything I needed to know by that point). After picking her up she told me that he drivers had kept cancelling on her. I knew where this was going so I asked what their ETA was, and she said they were all 15+ min.

So essentially what's happening is folks are just accepting jobs as soon as they pop up to beat out the other peckers and once hey accept they then decide on whether or not they truly want to take the ride. Judging by the ETA's the pax said for the other drivers they were all say to far to make that drive worth while. Frustrating for the pax who has to keep requesting and frustrating for the driver who is likely to be the closest in proximity.

tcc83

I have the same thing happen all the time Gato. When it is really slow, DT rides go incredibly fast. I try to work outside of there. Fewer rides but better chance you will get one.

Another thing it has done is condition the passenger to cancel rides that are not really close. Many of my rides where I am 5-7 minutes away get cancelled. Annoying when I have already driven over a mile in traffic sometimes.

I like the job board because I am not fed unprofitable jobs with a penalty for not taking them, but they need to work out the location part of their app more. They need a tighter range of drivers that see the ride first then open it up to a second group of somewhat close drivers, then finally a wide range of drivers. I should not be near campus seeing rides on south congress or whatever.