• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

ATX Driver Chat (September 2019)

dssoper

lot 40 was a shit show...lost a good chunk of potential money because no one can direct traffic efficiently. Please tell me they realize this and will remedy?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't know if the Uber app or AT&t's powers but I'm having so much of a problem accepting rides and giving things an update with Uber today.
Post automatically merged:

I literally just drove through almost the entire surge area, the app showing me online, but once I closed and reopened the app it said I was offline and the surge had dropped his price.
Yeah me too Cricket WIRELESS runs on AT&T. Getting a Verizon phone later today God willing. Past 2 weeks Rainey Street and East Austin at high demand is so terrible for At&t towers and is interfering with my pay and I've heard Tmobile is bad too. But everyone I meet with Verizon never had signal issues. I realized it's best to invest. Especially with all the money I was able to make this week. Did $250 tonight in 3.8 hours.

Noonespecial

lot 40 was a shit show...lost a good chunk of potential money because no one can direct traffic efficiently. Please tell me they realize this and will remedy?
Nope. Wont happen. Whenever a game ends you need to be "south of 6th" because the most money that can be made is to never pick up from the stadium, or COTA for that matter. Same goes for ACL, NEVER pick up from zilker. Hasnt been worth it since the old surge. Be far away and use destination mode to find rides that keep you away.
If you're gonna take one of these rides just ask yourself, "is this ride worth a whole hour?"

dssoper

Nope. Wont happen. Whenever a game ends you need to be "south of 6th" because the most money that can be made is to never pick up from the stadium, or COTA for that matter. Same goes for ACL, NEVER pick up from zilker. Hasnt been worth it since the old surge. Be far away and use destination mode to find rides that keep you away.
If you're gonna take one of these rides just ask yourself, "is this ride worth a whole hour?"
K so yesterday I made 370 w just under 10 hours. Had I stayed where u suggest, could that have feasibly been a higher total in your experience? I did make the total you had advised earlier though...$680 for Fri/sat.

Noonespecial

K so yesterday I made 370 w just under 10 hours. Had I stayed where u suggest, could that have feasibly been a higher total in your experience? I did make the total you had advised earlier though...$680 for Fri/sat.
I Made 800 in 3 days, 25 hrs total, morning to afternoon, ZERO stadium drops, ZERO rides after about 4pm. 370 is great money for 10 hrs. But, yes, if you can catch surge without catching traffic you can make more. But, again, 370 in 10 hrs is great, i rarely make more than that even after 4 years. I avoid the stadium because i HATE wasting time. I also have no chance at "uberpro" so i dont give a crap about acceptance or cancel rates. I cherry pick everything i do. Today i did 10 airport runs and made 240 in 5 hrs. Killer weekend, back to my regular job tomorrow though. My day started perfect, and all thanks to uber destination mode, see pic. One thing is for sure, if you're full time, then 10 hrs on a good weekend day WILL ALWAYS beat 20 hrs on a Tuesday/Wednesday. No sense in climbing around the anthill and complaining about the same crums the other ants are chasing.

My next advice is to get ready for the suck.....until ACL or the next homegame.
Great job though, 370 kicks ass. Better average than me, thats for sure.

Attachments

DriverRI

I Made 800 in 3 days, 25 hrs total, morning to afternoon, ZERO stadium drops, ZERO rides after about 4pm. 370 is great money for 10 hrs. But, yes, if you can catch surge without catching traffic you can make more. But, again, 370 in 10 hrs is great, i rarely make more than that even after 4 years. I avoid the stadium because i HATE wasting time. I also have no chance at "uberpro" so i dont give a crap about acceptance or cancel rates. I cherry pick everything i do. Today i did 10 airport runs and made 240 in 5 hrs. Killer weekend, back to my regular job tomorrow though. My day started perfect, and all thanks to uber destination mode, see pic. One thing is for sure, if you're full time, then 10 hrs on a good weekend day WILL ALWAYS beat 20 hrs on a Tuesday/Wednesday. No sense in climbing around the anthill and complaining about the same crums the other ants are chasing.

My next advice is to get ready for the suck.....until ACL or the next homegame.
Great job though, 370 kicks ass. Better average than me, thats for sure.
Thanks for sharing!!

How do you decide which rides are worth it? Do you ask Pax for their destination before arriving?

- - -

I got this trip with uber on the red.

8907790C-11B2-4A6D-B0EA-A2A4B689C433.png

uberfoulup

If every day was like yesterday this trippy job might be worth it (that is running the car into the ground for very little). $240 in 6 hours. 140 miles. Home by game time. The ESPN TV show, the heat, and all of the LSU fans were huge factors. Pax went earlier than normal for the ESPN gig, and had to go home mid-day to get out of the heat, planning on going back later in the day. Ping ponged with long rides from the burbs to campus several times with no waiting. 17 rides in all-- several were after setting destination home which is 18 miles from campus. I admit that I only drive during the day and its usually slow. 63 trips this week for an average of $11.71 per trip. 41 hours for$18/hr. Without Sat. it would be pretty sick earnings. Only 3 Lyft rides for $13 total. Mostly just keeping it turned off. Forgot to mention the 5 times I saw rental scooters and bikes breaking the law running the wrong way or running red lights and do-not-cross signals. No close calls today though!!! Oh one girl with her head buried in her cell phone was walking across in front of me when I had a green light. Not close though.

Last edited:

wilsonz83

3 days with 22 hrs driving was able to pull in $870, luckily not a single x trip. And surprisingly Lyft actually landed me $350 with all Lyft lux trips, but of course I always made wrong turns when picking them up. Only a tank of gas, 330 miles driven. still nothing to compare with usc game, the $45 surge on Uber. Made around $1100 in that weekend, but of course not to mention when lux/select surged the same as x, a 2 Miles trips paid $87. Well best days were when they were not here at all.

Sgt_PaxHauler

I don't know if the Uber app or AT&t's powers but I'm having so much of a problem accepting rides and giving things an update with Uber today.
Post automatically merged:

I literally just drove through almost the entire surge area, the app showing me online, but once I closed and reopened the app it said I was offline and the surge had dropped his price.
It's almost certainly cell network congestion.
I had a horrible time even keeping Lyft online near UT during and after the game on Saturday. T-Mobile was working a little better though, so I just powered up my T-Mo phone and used it as a Wifi hotspot to my Lyft phone.
I might consider getting a Verizon portable hotspot instead of paying for entire new phones, as the only thing I really need is a data connection that still works in the crowds.

wilsonz83

Just get spectrum or visible , they all run Verizon towers and only at $40 or $45. After I missed some select/lux rematches I switched to Verizon and it worth every penny.

Noonespecial

I have wondered about the walmart company, straight talk. it is supposed to run on all towers, att, verizon,t mobile, and sprint. No contract, nothing to lose.

wilsonz83

I have wondered about the walmart company, straight talk. it is supposed to run on all towers, att, verizon,t mobile, and sprint. No contract, nothing to lose.
Straight talk has different plan with different towers. Also they always have preferred tower which always sprint and T-Mobile which is cheaper for them. So better straight to Verizon, you won't regret the money you spend.

Noonespecial

How are you guys doing with the rain?

Do you think it helps us or makes it worse?
Rain is a double edged sword. From 11am to 3pm it means you make $5 an hour, because people dont WANT to go anywhere. From 3pm to 7pm it means you make $40 an hour because people HAVE TO get home from work,school,etc. They wont take scooters, bikes, and they wont wait at a bus stop that isnt covered. Lots of surge when people have to move, zilch when they dont.