• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

ATX Driver Chat (June 2018)

Ziggy

Waiting on hold ... may as well start this thread.

Conventions:
1-3 > DreamHack (2K)
6-8 > Digital banking (2K)
10 > Cap City A&M Coach's Club (1K)
10-15 > SPIE (2k)
12 > Edu Law for Principals (2K)
13-15 > TASSP (3K)
17-20 > Nat'l Charter Schools (4K)
21-23 > Presence (4K)
24-27 > NASFAA (2K)
---
*I was gonna list all the BIG Music events, but there were too many ... and decided you can fend for yourself on that one.

**But, I added the PITA category for the events that Ziggy will be avoiding ... but you can do them if you like a messy car.

PITA:
7-10 > ROT Rally (www.rotrally.com)
23 > Ice Cream Festival (www.icecreamfestival.com)
23 > Fun Stop 5K (www.funstop5k.com)

AustinAD99

So my Saturday started out stellar.
Got a request on Lyft, was almost there within a few minutes when I noticed the pickup location and the pax icon were in two different locations but within a few blocks of each other.

Decided to nav to the closer icon location and called the pax.
Tried to let her know where I was and why but she was super snippy with me - like I was a complete idiot for going to the wrong spot.
Told 'sorry' and I'd be right there to pick her up...her reply was a huff and hung up.
Made one turn towards her and then thought - "WTF, I'm not picking this b-itch up, I haven't even had my morning coffee yet." so I hit cancel.

Somehow she got a txt off to me after the cancel (didn't think they could) calling me dumb and how she took a screen shot and would be reporting me to Lyft.

Can't wait to hear about this one.

Jay Dean

Letting this summer do it's thing, glady will take a job making money sitting in AC and waiting for surge (again), but apparently that will not happen after the new Surge bs/rates/fixed pricing blah blah kicks in...so just not sure. Any insight on when the new surge plans hit Austin?

Bigsk8r

Letting this summer do it's thing, glady will take a job making money sitting in AC and waiting for surge (again), but apparently that will not happen after the new Surge bs/rates/fixed pricing blah blah kicks in...so just not sure. Any insight on when the new surge plans hit Austin?
If they come here, enough people will quit and the average quality of the vehicle fleets will diminish. Austin will become a total $--t show.

Ziggy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Apparently within the next 2 weeks

tcc83

I’m an administrator but def drive way more in the summer. Main problem isn’t teacher drivers as much as number of ride requests. I would love to see some data on number of ride requests by month. It gets really slow and there are a lot of short trips with tourists around dt or people not wanting to walk in the heat.

Ziggy

I’m an administrator but def drive way more in the summer. Main problem isn’t teacher drivers as much as number of ride requests. I would love to see some data on number of ride requests by month. It gets really slow and there are a lot of short trips with tourists around dt or people not wanting to walk in the heat.
Worst is the 2 block XL rides DT

Jay Dean

Uber has the pretty art work of summer slowdown and explanation, even they are trying to pitch to drivers an explanation lol wow

Apparently within the next 2 weeks
Really? FFS....they can't wait until fall ??

Second that kicks in I quit even with a paid off OLD car, they have no idea how fast drivers will learn they are losing money at all times..what a joke, glad to be out of this scam soon

Jay Dean

Does this new surge bs affect all tiers? Do they really expect a high end ride to chase 5 bucks ? Lol What in the world...

Ziggy

Uber has the pretty art work of summer slowdown and explanation, even they are trying to pitch to drivers an explanation lol wow

Really? FFS....they can't wait until fall ??

Second that kicks in I quit even with a paid off OLD car, they have no idea how fast drivers will learn they are losing money at all times..what a joke, glad to be out of this scam soon
Jay Dean - C'mon now ... you're not supposed to tell the ants that they are not making money. Don't you remember the Uber Motto ("propaganda") from 2015 ... "Lower Fares = More Trips = More Money" ... which really means (More Money for everyone except the driver).

Saw 2 people at the airport last night ... both had a negative balance for the trip they had just taken ... now that's "rich", it's bad enough not making enough to "live well" on trips, but actually owing money to Uber after you completed the trip ... WTF

Jay Dean

Jay Dean - C'mon now ... you're not supposed to tell the ants that they are not making money. Don't you remember the Uber Motto ("propaganda") from 2015 ... "Lower Fares = More Trips = More Money" ... which really means (More Money for everyone except the driver).

Saw 2 people at the airport last night ... both had a negative balance for the trip they had just taken ... now that's "rich", it's bad enough not making enough to "live well" on trips, but actually owing money to Uber after you completed the trip ... WTF
Don't be the elder of wisdom here.... pain in the ass

whiskeyboat

Haven't done a trip since May 30. The way things are looking I won't be back online until September.
I like driving but not X for base so I'm doing my part, one less ant on the road. You're Welcome.

Ziggy

Haven't done a trip since May 30. The way things are looking I won't be back online until September.
I like driving but not X for base so I'm doing my part, one less ant on the road. You're Welcome.
There are trips out there ...

My trip percentage 2 months ago was - Uber 85%, Lyft 10%, RA 5%
Last month - Uber 80%, RA 10%, Lyft 10%

I am actively promoting RA ... and starting to see more RA trips

wilsonz83

There are trips out there ...

My trip percentage 2 months ago was - Uber 85%, Lyft 10%, RA 5%
Last month - Uber 80%, RA 10%, Lyft 10%

I am actively promoting RA ... and starting to see more RA trips
Sunday night got my first ever RA lux, took me all the way to spice wood. Of course it made me hard to get up Monday for work but man that paid much better than Uber, also with a pretty good tip.

Jay Dean

Lyft’s new app makes it harder to see ‘line’ requests, at least on my setup, had three since the latest revision and all were a pain in the assets, I was doing so well not taking pool or line and now I’m a bit stumped, I will focus more on the app than driving apparently which is a huge safety hazard but what does lyft care about that