• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

ATX driver chat (August 2019)

wilsonz83

Found this, 3 years ago, get 2 trips/hr and you get the guarantee hourly rate but most people didn't want to do it as you make the money anyway, and now?

Attachments

Noonespecial

HEADS UP!

APD is running the fake tow truck scheme again. Its supposedly on mopac around the domain. If you see a tow truck,
MOVE OVER OR SLOW DOWN! there are 5 - 8 patrol cars sitting there and you WILL get pulled over!

All day today on mopac around the domain.

AustinAD99

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Found this, 3 years ago, get 2 trips/hr and you get the guarantee hourly rate but most people didn't want to do it as you make the money anyway, and now?
Wow, had almost forgotten about those guarantees...and that you could make better money driving hard or go slow and easy and hoped u get those 2nd ride in before the hour was up.

DriverRI

I had a trip to the airport, Pax was going to rent a car, when I got close to the garage I lost phone signal while dropping him off. I was hoping to get a trip right after with rematch, looked like I might have been logged out when I lost signal.

I went back on 71, I was still far from the waiting lot but I was in queue.

Any advice on where to drop off Pax when going to the rental area?

7D7569AB-8148-49F4-8EC2-AA61E207B5F0.png

Noonespecial

Drop at main terminal, departures just like an airport ride, at American. Then tell them to walk across to the left and follow the signs. Then get your rematch.

AustinAD99

Probably right – due to the $2 AP fee.
Drop off in parking garage = no $2 AP fee, no rematch.

Check the waybill and see if they were charged the $2.

DriverRI

Drop at main terminal, departures just like an airport ride, at American. Then tell them to walk across to the left and follow the signs. Then get your rematch.
Great, thanks!!
Post automatically merged:

Probably right – due to the $2 AP fee.
Drop off in parking garage = no $2 AP fee, no rematch.

Check the waybill and see if they were charged the $2.

Yes, he got charged the fee.

Noonespecial

Well....only rental returns are supposed to go where you went. The car rental entrance is across from the departures gates. Any dropoff at the airport gets charged the fee, even at the hilton. You can also drop at the Hilton and swing around and get a rematch. Where you got screwed was losing your phone reception in the garage.

I got excited a couple weeks ago from the screenshot below but i only saw it the one time, it suggests a small window for a rematch based on dropoff time. Seems like we never get to keep the good stuff.....

Attachments

Last edited:

AustinAD99

Great, thanks!!
Post automatically merged:

Yes, he got charged the fee.
Hmmmm.
I had dropped off a wifey to pickup her hubbies car as he had to park short term due to running late.
Remember that her waybill didn't include the $2 fee.

wilsonz83

Anywhere inside the ap the pax will get charged a fee and you get rematch (if there's one). I got rematch after dropped off at Hilton/parking garage/rental return/aviation office etc.

DriverRI

Well....only rental returns are supposed to go where you went. The car rental entrance is across from the departures gates. Any dropoff at the airport gets charged the fee, even at the hilton. You can also drop at the Hilton and swing around and get a rematch. Where you got screwed was losing your phone reception in the garage.

I got excited a couple weeks ago from the screenshot below but i only saw it the one time, it suggests a small window for a rematch based on dropoff time. Seems like we never get to keep the good stuff.....
You are right, I have never seen that message before.

Ziggy

You are right, I have never seen that message before.
I have gotten rematch before that showed up nearly 20 minutes after I dropped off pax. I guess that they just limited rematch to 5 minutes- just another thing that they are taking away :frown:

wilsonz83

I have gotten rematch before that showed up nearly 20 minutes after I dropped off pax. I guess that they just limited rematch to 5 minutes- just another thing that they are taking away :frown:
if you have T-mobile then that's normal as their congestion is so bad at the ap, sometimes even you end the trip, Uber post earning for the trip after a couple minutes that's when they think you finish the trip. I've been having rematch request but couldn't accept it. Also never able to start the trip inside the garage(yes I was able to start it but couldn't see the destination nor navigation, got multiple trips the starting point was outside the ap, that's when I was able to see the destination).After switch to Verizon everything works fine. Oh I call T-mobile and they admit the congestion and now they are working on it, when it will be finished? God knows.

Noonespecial

Ive been getting rematches at upto 10 minutes since then, but i only saw that message one time. I have also gotten rematches from the Hilton and the cargo terminal before.