• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

ATX driver chat (August 2019)

Shinino

It seems to be picking up. Had a very nice Saturday night, ended up at nearly $280 for the weekend (Friday/Saturday) -- mostly Uber, a few Lyft.

dssoper

Bottom line, don’t listen to New Members- most are clueless. I’ve been driving here for 5 years and been on UP for 4 years. @Noonespecial also has been here for a while. And while it’s unlikely that we’ll give you our best Honey Holes (we are competition, after all) - we also won’t steer anyone wrong either
I was just scratching my head for the guy that asked the question...thought that was messed up to respond w b.s.
Post automatically merged:

@Noonespecial @Ziggy hey! Ummm how is it possible to be online for 2 hours at prime airport ride time and nothing!? Thoughts?? I had one ride that just so happened to be a guy that I get repeatedly. We are almost bff's! I got up extra early to jump on it this morning...that'll teach me, right!?

DriverRI

I was just scratching my head for the guy that asked the question...thought that was messed up to respond w b.s.

@Noonespecial @Ziggy hey! Ummm how is it possible to be online for 2 hours at prime airport ride time and nothing!? Thoughts?? I had one ride that just so happened to be a guy that I get repeatedly. We are almost bff's! I got up extra early to jump on it this morning...that'll teach me, right!?
Sometimes that happens, today I haven’t had any Airport rides yet. I usually get at least one early in the morning.

Noonespecial

If everyone got a $15 streak bonus then i bet they are all trying to knock it out. Location and timing are everything. I get one almost everyday when im headed to work, i just turn on destination mode at the right time. I follow a basic formula, destination mode from the suburbs in the morning before 8am, and destination mode downtown after 2pm, as long i get off before 5pm. As far as tips, well, conversation is key. If you can make a connection with someone you will get a tip. If you open the door for a lady, you will get a tip. If you act like you're happy to do the job, you will get a tip. Silence, impatience, and impoliteness will get you nothing. Here is this mornings:

And on the way home:

Attachments

Last edited:

DriverRI

Great trips Noonespecial!! You are right regarding the tips but of course there is that Pax that no matter what you do, will not tip.

Yesterday I had a: “I will tip you in the app”, for 2 hours I thought he lied. Then the $5 tip arrives for a $6 trip.

We just have to do our best for every Pax.

6B2A9667-E20F-4CAB-A440-0F77797ACB3B.jpeg

wilsonz83

Finding 1 unicorn is rare, now finding two unicorns!!

Where were they going, what’s the story behind the big tips? What kind of Pax, business, tourist or locals?
First one an old couple from great hills area to downtown on select for dinner, nothing special, it was the guy's birthday so I said happy birthday also talked about their son bc we work at the same area. They didn't say they were going to tipped me but when I saw that earning changed I was like damn! Right away got a lux to back to domain, a young lady here to visit friends, I used to live 2 blocks away from her house at West coast. We were talking about all the good/bad things about the city. That's all.

DriverRI

First one an old couple from great hills area to downtown on select for dinner, nothing special, it was the guy's birthday so I said happy birthday also talked about their son bc we work at the same area. They didn't say they were going to tipped me but when I saw that earning changed I was like damn! Right away got a lux to back to domain, a young lady here to visit friends, I used to live 2 blocks away from her house at West coast. We were talking about all the good/bad things about the city. That's all.
Great!! Thanks for sharing.

AustinAggie

Part time driver turned full-time for now. Started full time mid-June. Both apps. honda civic.

I just downloaded Gridwise. I don't wait in airport queue. Monday/fri morning 4-10am. thurs-sat 8-2am. avoid downtown 11am-2pm. I still take pool/shared to minimize downtime. Also, I drive around while looking for rides.

What am I doing right and wrong? Any advice is appreciated!
Don't take pool/shared rides. They are a waste of time.
Don't drive around looking for rides. You're spending money.
There are decent areas around town to park and wait.
When I used to drive full time, I'd sometimes park at the shopping center at West Lake/360 in the early afternoons.
Sitting at Barton Creek Mall is more lucrative than sitting at the airport during the day/early evening.

AustinAD99

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So went out for a late night run and caught another six rides.
Lots of west campus stuff, tis the season, and right after racking up my first 3.20 payout (after our big 'raise') it auto-accepted another useless west campus ride (I cancelled it on principle) I was offered a $8.50+ PPZ up at 45th/Mopac for some reason. Went up there, did my patented flip to Lux only mode and waited for the PPZ to max out. Topped out at $15+, so I made sure to take screen shot and reverted back to @@@@@ mode (taking all ride types) and trolled my way back towards campus then 6th street.
Caught a couple of Iron Bears for a short ride, +5 tip and +15 PPZ.
So at least that happened.
Had no idea why the PPZ popped up as it was for the 'hood west of mopac/45th (Highland Park West)...no bars or venues up there, just sleeping rich people. Odd.
Glad to see my car class swap trick still works...

Ziggy

So went out for a late night run and caught another six rides.
Lots of west campus stuff, tis the season, and right after racking up my first 3.20 payout (after our big 'raise') it auto-accepted another useless west campus ride (I cancelled it on principle) I was offered a $8.50+ PPZ up at 45th/Mopac for some reason. Went up there, did my patented flip to Lux only mode and waited for the PPZ to max out. Topped out at $15+, so I made sure to take screen shot and reverted back to @@@@@ mode (taking all ride types) and trolled my way back towards campus then 6th street.
Caught a couple of Iron Bears for a short ride, +5 tip and +15 PPZ.
So at least that happened.
Had no idea why the PPZ popped up as it was for the 'hood west of mopac/45th (Highland Park West)...no bars or venues up there, just sleeping rich people. Odd.
Glad to see my car class swap trick still works...
I haven’t caught a PPZ in so long that I thought they were toast, good to know that they still exist

wilsonz83

Did only 1 lyft trip monday morning before work. 5AM got a Lux request, 10 mins/5 miles away. accepted and drove to the pax, 23 miles/28 mins to AP. at old rate it should be $60+, now, without pax for $10.63, with pax $40.38, $20 less. with the long pick up still $10 less. I think the only way you can justify this is only doing campus rides.

oh i did convince him to switch to RA.