ATX Ant Chat Feb 2020

wilsonz83

Ugh.
Slow Monday AM for me.
Missed the sole Lux request due to being mid-uber.
I rarely turn off Lux as sometimes you can squeeze one in while still dropping off U/RA.
Did get a couple of nice $15ish RAx rides in.

Taking a break after my last ride.
Ux ride, lady calls not at pickup point but around corner.
Made the corner, which got me stuck in long line of cars (event just ended).
She gives it two minutes with little movement in the traffic, then blames me for getting stuck in traffic and exits car.
I left the ride going - wasn't going to end until cleared of jam...but got notice from Uber that the ride was canceled by pax. Didn't know they could do that mid-ride.
Thing is I know this pax. Old lady who owned a company I did on/off freelance work for back in the day.

Can't believe she's taking Uber x rides...she owns/lives on a entire FLOOR sized 'condo' across the street from the Capital and Gov. Manson.

Thanks for the $3.20 and leaving me stuck in traffic, you old britch.
Don't worry that lux might just go 2 blocks. Yesterday decided to try it for a full day. 5 am went online got a premier schedule ride from almost deep by the water by city park, drove 19 minutes waited 15 minutes outside, a gated community, never answered text/call, gave up after wasting 45 minutes, cancellation fee was $17. Then Uber decided to give me lots of nice rides, 2 lux/3 premier/1 select all for minimum fare, 0 tip. Ended up with $50 then I was able to called it a day, got a premier from dt to domain and then I really called it a day with $100, up from 430 and home by 330 pm. Should've gave up after the first @@@@ up trip.

And yes those rich dudes mostly are cheap,I picked up some pax from Westlake which the drive way was like 5 minutes long, on x and no tip but hey that's how you get rich by saving all the money you can.

Ziggy

Ugh.
Slow Monday AM for me.
Missed the sole Lux request due to being mid-uber.
I rarely turn off Lux as sometimes you can squeeze one in while still dropping off U/RA.
Did get a couple of nice $15ish RAx rides in.

Taking a break after my last ride.
Ux ride, lady calls not at pickup point but around corner.
Made the corner, which got me stuck in long line of cars (event just ended).
She gives it two minutes with little movement in the traffic, then blames me for getting stuck in traffic and exits car.
I left the ride going - wasn't going to end until cleared of jam...but got notice from Uber that the ride was canceled by pax. Didn't know they could do that mid-ride.
Thing is I know this pax. Old lady who owned a company I did on/off freelance work for back in the day.

Can't believe she's taking Uber x rides...she owns/lives on a entire FLOOR sized 'condo' across the street from the Capital and Gov. Manson.

Thanks for the $3.20 and leaving me stuck in traffic, you old britch.
I only had 3 rides yesterday ... but the first one was a $96 RA Premium to the airport (scored by my house) ... next I got a Comfort to DT and then a Lux DT back to my hood ... called it a day with $180 in the books ... no tips. Truthfully, the only pax I regularly get tips from are my RA-DC clients, the rest of the 1-time pax it's generally closer to 40% tip, 10% tip well. *frankly, you have to blame the "no tip rideshare" attitude on the founder of Uber ... because he said "tip is included" for years until a Class Action lawsuit forced Uber to admit that tips weren't included and eventually they added a tip option to the app. But once Uber promoted the "tip is included" message, there was no way to put that cat back in the bag ... because many people over 40 still will finish the phrase "I'd walk a mile for a ____" with "camel" and that ad hasn't aired for over a decade. Pax still today tell friends in the car "tip is included" ... and then I tell them that it never was and in fact, Uber was sued for saying that tips were included. Consider this - most pax tip cabbies, bartenders and even the doorman for opening the car door. Bottom line - we (drivers) need to provide better service than is expected and educate pax that tips accepted & greatly appreciated

AustinAD99

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't worry that lux might just go 2 blocks. Yesterday decided to try it for a full day. 5 am went online got a premier schedule ride from almost deep by the water by city park, drove 19 minutes waited 15 minutes outside, a gated community, never answered text/call, gave up after wasting 45 minutes, cancellation fee was $17. Then Uber decided to give me lots of nice rides, 2 lux/3 premier/1 select all for minimum fare, 0 tip. Ended up with $50 then I was able to called it a day, got a premier from dt to domain and then I really called it a day with $100, up from 430 and home by 330 pm. Should've gave up after the first @@@@ up trip.

And yes those rich dudes mostly are cheap,I picked up some pax from Westlake which the drive way was like 5 minutes long, on x and no tip but hey that's how you get rich by saving all the money you can.
Hate those no shows/no answer paxes.
If I get the spidie feeling that the pax is ghosting me, I'll start the trip while waiting.
Have even done a few 'ghost' runs to their destinations - bar closing hours - if they don't show.
Most are too drunk/rich to care or even notice.

Have had a week plus of weird paxes.
Had a pretend (couldn't hold his crappy accent) Aussie (22ish) guy take a Lux from DT to way south.
After drop off he wanted me to 'throw a shrimp on his barbie.'
Passed, but told him Iron Bear has what he needs...

Ziggy

Here you go lyft drivers, go to atlanta and knock it down! Cash in on this economy while its still HOT!
Why I barely do any Lyft ... and even then it's Black only (and even then it's depressing).

Had a guy at the airport brag about the Lyft trip he took from ABIA to Victoria, TX (125 miles) ... he got $112 (including tip). Nope, never, nada

wilsonz83

Why I barely do any Lyft ... and even then it's Black only (and even then it's depressing).

Had a guy at the airport brag about the Lyft trip he took from ABIA to Victoria, TX (125 miles) ... he got $112 (including tip). Nope, never, nada
Honestly for x, it's not that much difference tho. It was almost $1/mile before rate cut, so he must got a good tip on that. I can never understand drivers who do this kind of trip to San Antonio/dallas/Houston on x.

AustinAD99

Honestly for x, it's not that much difference tho. It was almost $1/mile before rate cut, so he must got a good tip on that. I can never understand drivers who do this kind of trip to San Antonio/dallas/Houston on x.
Same type of drivers that don't see that stopped bus 6 cars ahead and don't change lanes until right behind it...

wilsonz83

Had lunch yesterday with a friend who recently bought a qx60, he's not an Uber driver tho. He asked me why sometimes he parked dt somewhere and people often pulled his door, I said well you have the popular Uber car and you look like a Cuban for sure!

Universal Driver

Lyft still price gouging all this demand and no PPZ @ 10pm
B6DB57A7-B47A-4358-92B8-D07BCC2A44B6.jpeg

Post automatically merged:

Lyft finally throwing $2.50+ peanut zones lol

how’s the Uber surge looking out there tonight??

Last edited:

AustinAD99

I've had a few PPZ tonight.
$10ish being the highest and that took awhile as it started at $3.

$100ish in four hours...think I'll break until 1ish.

JustTreatMeFair

Lyft will continue to pay less while charging more.

Why?

Because drivers continue to drive for them and seem to appreciate :yft's "generosity".

With a $2500 Deductible on Insurance and the average driver in their mix will be without transportation and income in an accident.

I've been very surprised that UBER has not followed them down that rabbit hole.

Steve_TX

This afternoon I’m driving down a kinda busy N. Lamar (just south of North Loop). Some dill weed in a car with Lyft stickers decides to stop In front of a bus stop in the right lane, puts on his hazard lights, and walks to the garbage can to dump his trash. In the main lanes of traffic! WTF?!

At least he keeps a clean car to go with his sparkling gold running shoes and acid washed jeans.
Post automatically merged:

5815C404-EA75-48CC-9230-17EC7D10642D.jpeg