ATX Ant Chat Feb 2020

dssoper

Since you only drive X ... it's likely that the folks in Steiner were looking for an XL, Premier or even Lux ... especially on V-Day. Remember to look at the pax app to see how many other cars are in the area. Uber surge used to be separated by class (circa 2015) ... but now it's one-size-fits-all. Bear in mind that pax are told that the ride they are about to take is going to be double or triple what they normally pay ... not all pax are jumping at the chance to pay double or more, and the pax app has an option to alert pax when surge goes back to normal. I've sat in the middle of a $20+ (and 4X) surge zone for 30+ minutes with no other cars in the area ... and no pings (and sometimes no pings after surge disappeared). Surge is triggered by the API detecting multiple pax apps being turned on in the same area with few or no cars in that area ... just because there's a surge doesn't mean that there will be trips. Prior to 2019 surge was only paid to the driver if the driver was matched to a surge pax while in the surge zone and pax agreed to take the surge priced trip ... the good old "multiplier days" (when drivers actually made 2-10X the original fare). These days all drivers driving through the surge zone get the extra $, but only the drivers matched with a surged pax get a modified multiplier ... if it's a longer trip. Best bet these days is to grab the $ surge and drive to an area where you know you'll be able to capitalize on the few extra $ you picked up.
Don't you have Pro option to see how long the trip will be? It's likely that every other car in the domain have Pro distance option and they chose to decline that trip ... so either you don't have adequate Pro to see the distance or you chose to ignore the distance. If you don't have an adequate Pro rating to see the distance, then I'd concentrate on fixing that first ... and then you too will be able to ignore trips that aren't worth the time ... I ignored a 6-minute trip yesterday that someone else was forced to take because he was only a Blue Pro driver (and can't see the trip distance), whereas I am a Platinum Pro driver and I saw the trip distance and decided to ignore it ...
The minute I decline 1 if I get to the 85% it goes under 85 and then have to take 5 more straight to make up for it. And on on it the merry-go-round goes.
I know things are getting crappier as time goes on but this is insane.
And since when is the greenlight hub closed on Saturdays??
I have other screenshots but will be a minute before I can upload ...switched phones to try and remedy but no luck. Pics in other phone.

Attachments

wilsonz83

The minute I decline 1 if I get to the 85% it goes under 85 and then have to take 5 more straight to make up for it. And on on it the merry-go-round goes.
I know things are getting crappier as time goes on but this is insane.
And since when is the greenlight hub closed on Saturdays??
I have other screenshots but will be a minute before I can upload ...switched phones to try and remedy but no luck. Pics in other phone.
Interesting my plantium point requirement is 600 points.

Austin383

Where abouts and what time frame?
Post automatically merged:
[/QUOTE

Started around 10 am and went to 10 pm with a couple breaks in between. Started around 8 this morning at siting at $230 now. Kinda of all over, mostly south and downtown

Ziggy

Started at about12:15...and this is where I'm at.
despite the surges all over town, it was an incredibly slow day for everyone I talked to. All the rides DT were very short and barely worth the trouble. Even X drivers at the airport had hours of waiting around ... and while I eventually got a trip, I promptly went home after the trip and called it a day

Noonespecial

Weird, I did $280 today with one ap trip
That there is what we call a unicorn. These have nothing to do with how busy it actually is, thats why its a unicorn. How much money did you make besides that ride? Because THATS actually how busy it was. Or are you saying you did $280 on 20 rides where only one went to the airport?? Obviously thats quite different.

Austin383

That there is what we call a unicorn. These have nothing to do with how busy it actually is, thats why its a unicorn. How much money did you make besides that ride? Because THATS actually how busy it was. Or are you saying you did $280 on 20 rides where only one went to the airport?? Obviously thats quite different.
Without the airport trip I did $255. Going out again today and will see if the last two days were an anomaly.