Attitude from restaurant workers ...

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
... sometimes when I try to verify what's on the order. Like just now I picked up at Potbelly and wanted to confirm that there was a cup of soup, a sandwich, a bag of potato chips, and a dream bar, as well as ask whether the dream bar was supposed to stay cold. The female restaurant worker said that they have a receipt so they know what's on the order and just shoved everything in the bag and handed it to me.

Well excuse me lady, my app told me that customers have reported missing items from this restaurant before , so I'm just trying to take a second to do my due diligence. I didn't actually say that to her, but I wanted to.

tohunt4me

... sometimes when I try to verify what's on the order. Like just now I picked up at Potbelly and wanted to confirm that there was a cup of soup, a sandwich, a bag of potato chips, and a dream bar, as well as ask whether the dream bar was supposed to stay cold. The female restaurant worker said that they have a receipt so they know what's on the order and just shoved everything in the bag and handed it to me.

Well excuse me lady, my app told me that customers have reported missing items from this restaurant before , so I'm just trying to take a second to do my due diligence. I didn't actually say that to her, but I wanted to.
Be nice at REAL RESTURANTS . . .
Screenshot_2020-09-11-13-42-54.png
Screenshot_2020-09-11-13-43-23.png

rideshareapphero

The only thing I check is if I have the right order like matching the receipt items with the list on the phone, a few times before restaurants have given me the wrong order based on their names, like if there are two orders with the same name.

Helpmehome

If I was a restaurant worker I would HATE gig delivery drivers. They walk in. They don't say hi. They just look at the person and hold their phone up to their face and expect them to find the name. Or they quietly mumble the name in a thick accent behind a mask in a busy restaurant and the restaurant worker has to ask 3 times because they won't give them the common courtesy of speaking up. They don't get tipped by us like everyone else they serve. And they rarely get thanked.

I try to be polite and thankful and understanding if the restaurant is slammed. I also understand that I am the last priority to the employee. Just the facts.

I usually only check to see if the order size matches the order. And check for a drink. But it's up to the restaurant to get the order right not us. If they hand me a "sealed" bag, I just grab it and go. As for the food staying hot or cold, well there's not a lot we can do about that either. Just get the food to the customer as efficiently as possible.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If I was a restaurant worker I would HATE gig delivery drivers. They walk in. They don't say hi. They just look at the person and hold their phone up to their face and expect them to find the name. Or they quietly mumble the name in a thick accent behind a mask in a busy restaurant and the restaurant worker has to ask 3 times because they won't give them the common courtesy of speaking up. They don't get tipped by us like everyone else they serve. And they rarely get thanked.

I try to be polite and thankful and understanding if the restaurant is slammed. I also understand that I am the last priority to the employee. Just the facts.

I usually only check to see if the order size matches the order. And check for a drink. But it's up to the restaurant to get the order right not us. If they hand me a "sealed" bag, I just grab it and go. As for the food staying hot or cold, well there's not a lot we can do about that either. Just get the food to the customer as efficiently as possible.
Sure I get that but it doesn't hurt to do a quick sanity check. The restaurant employees should be thankful that I'm helping them get the order right. We are all on the same team, namely serving the customer food. And yes I introduce myself, say thank you, Etc. I have considered tipping restaurant employees on occasion but it just doesn't seem right because normally my tips aren't that high, especially in a college town.
Post automatically merged:

Oh and by the way just yesterday I picked up at a KFC and confirmed that there was in fact a drink. The restaurant employee at first said no, there was no drink, but then checked and told me I was right.

OLDSCHOOLPARAD

Oh and by the way just yesterday I picked up at a KFC and confirmed that there was in fact a drink. The restaurant employee at first said no, there was no drink, but then checked and told me I was right.
Yeah, seems to be common. They right, we wrong.
The only place I like is McDonald’s. Everything’s in the bag. So, it’s all on them.

That treatment is kinda of a turnoff as well. Makes me not wanna go give them my business.

On the upside, the ones that are nice, I try to go give them my business more often.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
Yeah, seems to be common. They right, we wrong.
The only place I like is McDonald’s. Everything’s in the bag. So, it’s all on them.

That treatment is kinda of a turnoff as well. Makes me not wanna go give them my business.

On the upside, the ones that are nice, I try to go give them my business more often.
I find that Starbucks does an outstanding job as well. Except one day, I went to pick up at a particular location in Monona. I waited there for five or 10 minutes only to be told that their internet was down so they couldn't take Uber Eats orders, and I would have to call support. I'm sorry, I'm just a driver, I'm not calling support so the restaurant manager doesn't have to. I didn't tell them all that, I just walked out and canceled.

Monkeyman4394

I find that Starbucks does an outstanding job as well. Except one day, I went to pick up at a particular location in Monona. I waited there for five or 10 minutes only to be told that their internet was down so they couldn't take Uber Eats orders, and I would have to call support. I'm sorry, I'm just a driver, I'm not calling support so the restaurant manager doesn't have to. I didn't tell them all that, I just walked out and canceled.
Starbucks is consistently the best to me. The packaging is solid and the people are always beyond nice. Moe’s is also always great for friendly, productive people who can get shit done and on the pickup rack.

DJJoeyZ

The restaurant employees should be thankful that I'm helping them get the order right. We are all on the same team, namely serving the customer food.
More than a few gig drivers will come on here and piss and moan if/when the restaurant asks them to fill a soda cup.

Monkeyman4394

More than a few gig drivers will come on here and piss and moan if/when the restaurant asks them to fill a soda cup.
I don’t piss and moan about it. I just tell them I won’t do either of those things and call support if they resist. Support either tells them to do their jobs or cancels the drinks/chips, refunds that amount, and chastises the store. I leave with a bag, get a good tip, and explain to the customer that the store refused to complete their order. GrubHub has actually stated that we can’t pick up an order that isn’t complete and that the store must complete it themselves.

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
Wow, just now another restaurant employee demanded to see my phone despite the fact that I clearly articulated the customer's name and was prepared to recite the order. The reason I don't bring my phone in is not laziness but because I leave it in a mount in my car. It's just a hassle to take it out of the mount but I guess I'll have to start doing that because nobody trusts anyone! Still, I didn't mind too much, because it's about the same as me asking a restaurant to verify the order. Someone who responded above is right though, I think there is a slightly adversarial relationship between restaurant employees and drivers. They probably think we make more than we do.

Monkeyman4394

Wow, just now another restaurant employee demanded to see my phone despite the fact that I clearly articulated the customer's name and was prepared to recite the order. The reason I don't bring my phone in is not laziness but because I leave it in a mount in my car. It's just a hassle to take it out of the mount but I guess I'll have to start doing that because nobody trusts anyone! Still, I didn't mind too much, because it's about the same as me asking a restaurant to verify the order. Someone who responded above is right though, I think there is a slightly adversarial relationship between restaurant employees and drivers. They probably think we make more than we do.
Where do you drive?

Monkeyman4394

Yeah I'm guessing they got scammed by somebody who just came in and said he was there to pick up Uber. But youd think the fact that I said the person's name would have proved that I was legitimate.
More often than not it’s some 15 year old doing what he or she has been told to do, or an overly vigilant entry level manager treating it like his money. They’re just doing their best.

rushbudgie

Like a courier doing their job, just couriering. We do food delivery, just food delivery. The courier doesn't check items & we shouldn't have to either. If you tamper with the food then it's a different story. Being friendly helps the relation between restaurant & driver, both are trying to make money so let's. Also, you can give thumbs down too or up in the app. Too busy for that at times but when its due then I have the time.

Big Lou

Was it worth it?

Regardless of her attitude, you could politely ask if she could put the dream bar in a different bag from the soup so that hot food stays hot and cold food stays cold.
If she refuses, thumbs down for poor packaging, and message the customer that you tried to fight for them (to avoid them reducing your tip due to temperature).