Attention to Diridon station.

cho

Big thanks for the heads up. I usually pull my stuff out for display only when I'm going to the airport.

Yomann

Big thanks for the heads up. I usually pull my stuff out for display only when I'm going to the airport.
Be careful about that - not displaying trade dress and getting caught is a $1,000 fine.
Chances are slim, but it could happen ........

soupergloo

Be careful about that - not displaying trade dress and getting caught is a $1,000 fine.
Chances are slim, but it could happen ........
I never put the Uber/Lyft badges on my car and I'm not going to start now .. why does it absolutely have to be on the back window now too?! passengers already have more than enough info to find your car without the stickers .. it's just SF's way of identifying Uber drivers quicker to ticket us quicker.

Moo Moo

I never put the Uber/Lyft badges on my car and I'm not going to start now .. why does it absolutely have to be on the back window now too?! passengers already have more than enough info to find your car without the stickers .. it's just SF's way of identifying Uber drivers quicker to ticket us quicker.
If San Francisco police or San Jose police were to use plain-clothed officers to check for business certificates/licenses and/or trade dress and you were stopped by said plain-clothed officers, the fine for not having a business license is small compared to the California Public Utilities Commission $1000.00 fine for not displaying your TNC tradedress in the front and back of your vehicle. In San Francisco, the police are actually using undercover officers to catch Uber drivers with TCP permits soliciting street hails. Imagine how much more money the police can generate for the San Francisco treasury by issuing tickets to Uber drivers for not having a San Francisco business license.

http://kron4.com/2016/05/17/in-dept...in-violation-of-state-law-getting-huge-fines/
Stanley rode with plain-clothed officers from the San Francisco Police Department on a crackdown funded entirely by the SFMTA to catch app-based drivers behaving badly.

A ticket from the police is one thing, but an administrative ticket from SFMTA can cost as high as $5,000.

soupergloo

If San Francisco police or San Jose police were to use plain-clothed officers to check for business certificates/licenses and/or trade dress and you were stopped by said plain-clothed officers, the fine for not having a business license is small compared to the California Public Utilities Commission $1000.00 fine for not displaying your TNC tradedress in the front and back of your vehicle. In San Francisco, the police are actually using undercover officers to catch Uber drivers with TCP permits soliciting street hails. Imagine how much more money the police can generate for the San Francisco treasury by issuing tickets to Uber drivers for not having a San Francisco business license.

http://kron4.com/2016/05/17/in-dept...in-violation-of-state-law-getting-huge-fines/
Stanley rode with plain-clothed officers from the San Francisco Police Department on a crackdown funded entirely by the SFMTA to catch app-based drivers behaving badly.

A ticket from the police is one thing, but an administrative ticket from SFMTA can cost as high as $5,000.
I'd never pull over for an officer out of uniform that was just in street clothes ..

interesting story, I got pulled over twice in one month in South SF recently; both officers let me go with a warning BECAUSE I was an Uber driver .. one of them told me he was an Uber driver before he became a cop and actually apologized for pulling me over.

I also drove an SFPD cop home from the gym yesterday and he didn't say anything to me about my lack of Uber stickers. he spent the entire ride giving me advice on how to be careful and wanted me to get a dash cam.

NASCAR1991

Neither do i.
They know whose their driver is.
And if they dont...
Bottom line its make so they can ticket you. And guess what...notice how now you using one time sticker. So you cant put it on or off fast. Its all a scam for city to ticket you and take pictures from a mile away.

NASCAR1991

I'd never pull over for an officer out of uniform that was just in street clothes ..

interesting story, I got pulled over twice in one month in South SF recently; both officers let me go with a warning BECAUSE I was an Uber driver .. one of them told me he was an Uber driver before he became a cop and actually apologized for pulling me over.

I also drove an SFPD cop home from the gym yesterday and he didn't say anything to me about my lack of Uber stickers. he spent the entire ride giving me advice on how to be careful and wanted me to get a dash cam.
I live with a cop now. Sfpd.
He says we can care less about uber drivers and actually no one informs them what stickers they need or dont need to have.
Only who cares about stickers is those fake cops that can barely hold a gun. Lots of them only got tazer onlu

Patrick Swayze

Yeah same I never display the trade dress. I've been pulled over many times and the cops really don't care.

Working and Driving

A number of months ago I got pulled over twice within a week, by Santa Cruz PD and CHP. Both happened around midnight and they were obviously looking for drunks as the reason for the pull overs was they saw me touching my windshield mounted phone. Both officers ended up shaking my hand and thanking me and Uber for helping to keep drunks off the road. Most cops aren't out to get us Uber drivers, well maybe SF Muni police...

Euius

Yeah cops don't actually want to spend their night arresting DUIs, they just don't want to deal with the accidents even more. Uber has had a noticeable reduction in DUIs in every single city they've looked at the data. Austin's has gone back up.

Patrick Swayze

A number of months ago I got pulled over twice within a week, by Santa Cruz PD and CHP. Both happened around midnight and they were obviously looking for drunks as the reason for the pull overs was they saw me touching my windshield mounted phone. Both officers ended up shaking my hand and thanking me and Uber for helping to keep drunks off the road. Most cops aren't out to get us Uber drivers, well maybe SF Muni police...
That sums up all of my interactions with the police while fubering. One time I was on my way home, logged out of the app and I was stopped going 15 over the limit. The cop gave me a warning when I told him I was running Uber that night. By the way, try vent mounting your phone. Way less conspicuous and easier to use.

Last edited: