Attack of the DRONES!

DriverX

My Jedi Driver skillz are no match for this crew. I just went online to see how fast I'd get a ping. After 20 minutes of silence, I looked at the pax app. FML SMH LMFAO not necessarily in that order.

These guys are about 10 hours too early for that formation.

upload_2016-7-30_14-57-17.png

Aredubya

We were all here last week.
We just had passengers thanks to all the events.
Only time we get noticed is during the drop in demand. LOL

Ubernic

No there are definitely more drones, even on Select/Black/SUV. It's full force. Usually Encinitas only has a couple Select cars but today there were like 7, then Oceanside and Carlsbad usually only have a couple loaners, there were 7 Select cars there with 6 Black and a few SUV. PB waa just insane, La Jolla too, It doesn't seem like just demand dropping, this weekend has been saturated as hell. It's that "double your income" promotion, everyone has everyone they know driving. Living the dream...

Dirtbag Surfer

I was pretty stunned by the amount of cars flying the trade dress last night in virtually all parts of town AND a fair amount of brand new cars with the toilet seat emblem proudly displayed. I am not talking about just Xchange lease cars but like a couple of brand new Prius, a couple of new Jeep Cherokee's PLUS the usual ubiquitous Xchange cars. Saturation is peaking right now and I imagine the next shake out will come when school starts again which in theory, should take out a lot of these college kids who are doing this as a summer gig.

I have a different strategy now and last night was really successful only driving Lyft including a huge 25 dollar cash tip! Pretty stoked in the numbers I hit for only driving from around 830 PM to midnight - no more bar close driving drunx for bux for me, thank you. I haven't had any inclination to drive Uber for about two months now, I just am digging Lyft mostly because I have been quite lucky to be blessed for some reason with higher quality pax than I was with Uber. When Uber was giving it away for free at the beginning of summer and killed the surge at the same time, the already pretty low quality pax average really hit bottom with the good ol' expecting limo service at bus fare rates people. Just my never humble opinion is all :biggrin:

As we all know now that things have gone surge free basically that a part of it is still luck but a great deal of strategy still applies. Lurking in the hot spots that are full of ants doesn't really do it for me anymore in the absence of surge. Cars are sitting on top of each other in these zones like we have never seen before, zones that have always been a gamble for good rides anyway.

Last edited:

ATL2SD

I was pretty stunned by the amount of cars flying the trade dress last night in virtually all parts of town AND a fair amount of brand new cars with the toilet seat emblem proudly displayed. I am not talking about just Xchange lease cars but like a couple of brand new Prius, a couple of new Jeep Cherokee's PLUS the usual ubiquitous Xchange cars. Saturation is peaking right now and I imagine the next shake out will come when school starts again which in theory, should take out a lot of these college kids who are doing this as a summer gig.

I have a different strategy now and last night was really successful only driving Lyft including a huge 25 dollar cash tip! Pretty stoked in the numbers I hit for only driving from around 830 PM to midnight - no more bar close driving drunx for buckz for me, thank you. I haven't had any inclination to drive Uber for about two months now, I just am digging Lyft mostly because I have been quite lucky to be blessed for some reason with higher quality pax than I was with Uber. When Uber was giving it away for free at the beginning of summer and killed the surge at the same time, the already pretty low quality pax average really hit bottom with the good ol' expecting limo service at bus fare rates people. Just my never humble opinion is all :biggrin:

As well all know now that things have gone surge free basically that a part of it is still luck but a great deal of strategy still applies. Lurking in the hot spots that are full of ants doesn't really do it for me anymore in the absence of surge. Cars are sitting on top of each other in these zones like we have never seen before, zones that have always been a gamble for good rides anyway.

tohunt4me

My Jedi Driver skillz are no match for this crew. I just went online to see how fast I'd get a ping. After 20 minutes of silence, I looked at the pax app. FML SMH LMFAO not necessarily in that order.

These guys are about 10 hours too early for that formation.

View attachment 51717
The NEW Uber Anthem

" Ants Marching "- Dave Matthews

Attachments

Andrew Thun

I have a different strategy now and last night was really successful only driving Lyft including a huge 25 dollar cash tip! Pretty stoked in the numbers I hit for only driving from around 830 PM to midnight - no more bar close driving drunx for bux for me, thank you. I haven't had any inclination to drive Uber for about two months now, I just am digging Lyft mostly because I have been quite lucky to be blessed for some reason with higher quality pax than I was with Uber.
I have adopted that same strategy but for me it just evolved that way. I have been enjoying driving more with Lyft pax!

ATL2SD

I have adopted that same strategy but for me it just evolved that way. I have been enjoying driving more with Lyft pax!
Same here! I'm reminded, almost daily, how much I dislike many Uber pax. I picked up an Uber pax yesterday after the game. The guy pings me in the middle of traffic while he's practically parallel to me on the sidewalk. Unfortunately, I can't get to him because traffic was jam packed so I drive around the block & pick him up. He finally gets in & asked me why I didn't pick him up instead of driving around the block. I figured, if he couldn't figure out that traffic prohibited me from getting to him, then there was no need, for me, to tell his [email protected] the truth. So I decided to tell him, I just didn't see him. That was my last Uber ride for the day.:smiles:

Last edited:

Tidballa

I called a guy in that situation and told him to just walk over to me... he said, "Why?" I said, "Nevermind" hung up and cancelled on him.

Had a dude that lives a block away from me want to load up 5 people and a ton of alcohol in my trunk... in a smoothe way, he tried to convince me and I said, "absolutely not." Cancelled and went home.

ATL2SD

I called a guy in that situation and told him to just walk over to me... he said, "Why?" I said, "Nevermind" hung up and cancelled on him.

Had a dude that lives a block away from me want to load up 5 people and a ton of alcohol in my trunk... in a smoothe way, he tried to convince me and I said, "absolutely not." Cancelled and went home.
Lol! Right! That's what I usually do but it was a 1.9x so I put up with him. I gifted him a 1-star as well!:biggrin:

Frankcity Hooligans 1899

Seriously, when is it the best time to drive without all the drones and ants out there? Is it better during the first part of the day ex. 5am-5pm or rather the second part of the day ex. 2pm-2am? Just looked at the app at 7am and its already terrible ants everywhere, 2-3 months ago it was nothing like this...

DriverX

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Back in the first quarter of the year whne the rate cuts pushed a lot of the disillusioned noob part timers out and before those new driver referrals started working. WE had a window of a few weeks of amazing surges. I could drive around for hours and get back to back surges and stacked surges.

I'm hoping that the $750 noobs that have been covering the summer event demand will quickly realize they can't make that money consistently by droning all day in a parking lot and start turning off. or go back to college.
Drones outnumber demand, so any time besides weekend nights is a $12 an hour grind.

Frankcity Hooligans 1899

Back in the first quarter of the year whne the rate cuts pushed a lot of the disillusioned noob part timers out and before those new driver referrals started working. WE had a window of a few weeks of amazing surges. I could drive around for hours and get back to back surges and stacked surges.

I'm hoping that the $750 noobs that have been covering the summer event demand will quickly realize they can't make that money consistently by droning all day in a parking lot and start turning off. or go back to college.
Drones outnumber demand, so any time besides weekend nights is a $12 an hour grind.

Exactly, sometimes surges everywhere just poppin up out of nowhere. I remember well, I would start the earlybird in Hillcrest and North Park from 5am hit SAN many times with only a few cars in the vicinity. Sometimes riders would tell me that they had to wait 10-20 minutes for a car even at later times during the day. Now Im thinking about coming back and driving, but seeing all these cars on tha app is just giving me second doubts. I drove for 7 months almost full time close to 1200 rides with a 4,94 average, loved doing it, but got another opportunity elsewhere. Now thinking about doing it again from September, just dont want to get pushed out by all the new ants and drones.