From the Australian Taxation Office’s Small Business Newsroom:
- Made an honest mistake on your activity statement?
- 4 March 2019
- If you've made a mistake or left something out on a previous activity statement, in most cases you can simply correct the error on your next activity statement or lodge a revised statement.
You can do this:
- though myGov
- on the Business Portal
- from your business software if it is enabled for Standard Business Reporting (SBR)
- by phoning us on 13 28 66 to get a revision form.
- You need to correct mistakes within four years.
We know that most people do the right thing. To keep a level playing field for small businesses who do the right thing, we take stronger action against people who deliberately try to cheat the tax and super system.
Recently a company director was sentenced for making false claims in their activity statement and creating false supporting evidence.
Having trouble? Contact us and we'll work with you to find a solution.
Find out about: