ATO and GST Preparation

Reddyoz

Anyone need help about preparation GST and lodgement please let me know. I am fully qualified accountant I can guide through.

Golfer

Can I claim Uber's %25 take as an expense in my tax return?

Yes mine was $ 4000.00 odd
It's back on page 3 my first " legal" year tax return 2016_ 2017.
It,s all there, and as my accountant presented it to the ATO
I might add, yesterday ,received letter from ATO, all ok
I owe them zero

Beepbeep41

Yes mine was $ 4000.00 odd
It's back on page 3 my first " legal" year tax return 2016_ 2017.
It,s all there, and as my accountant presented it to the ATO
I might add, yesterday ,received letter from ATO, all ok
I owe them zero

Nice!

Golfer

Hey thanks for the offer to help.

How do you work out vehicle depreciation for an eg 2011 camry?

Cheers

Bulti you would have press the reply button under reddyoz ( the accountant)at the top of the post , and ask the same question , so he would see an alert .I doubt any of us know the equation , I use an accountant, i havn,t got a clue . But i,m sire reddyoz could help

bullti

good call, thanks

Anyone need help about preparation GST and lodgement please let me know. I am fully qualified accountant I can guide through.

Hey thanks for the offer to help.

How do you work out vehicle depreciation for an eg 2011 camry?

Cheers

Nigel L

Drivers are not sole proprietors (business operators).

Uber drivers are not running a business as a sole proprietor.

Uber riders (the payer) pays Uber for every trip, not the drivers. Tax invoices issued to riders do not come from the drivers' businesses.

Drivers can not set their own prices (fares) and drivers do not collect payments from riders as would any business operator.

Drivers are actually Uber employees. Uber trip allocation algorithm decides when you work, how you work, who you pick up, how you do the work. You are an employee not an independent contractor.

Sham contracts have been used by Uber to deceive drivers and avoid GST.

Keep proper records of your time online. You maybe owed back wages unless you have been completing and submitting BAS.

It is tax fraud for Uber to be using drivers ABN and not their own for receiving GST inclusive payments from riders.

Bluey

Uber riders (the payer) pays Uber for every trip, not the drivers. Tax invoices issued to riders do not come from the drivers' businesses.

Drivers can not set their own prices (fares) and drivers do not collect payments from riders as would any business operator.

Drivers are actually Uber employees. Uber trip allocation algorithm decides when you work, how you work, who you pick up, how you do the work. You are an employee not an independent contractor.

Keep proper records of your time online. You maybe owed back wages unless you have been completing and submitting BAS.

It is tax fraud for Uber to be using drivers ABN and not their own for receiving GST inclusive payments from riders.

Hi. Nigel, I wish this was true but tax invoices are issued from drivers whether or not they have abn, and the ato will come after you. It's easier to grab the lowest hanging fruits! Uber has the time and money to string this out in court.

Beepbeep41

Just keep telling yourself this to continue getting deeper and deeper in a whole with th ATO.

When it comes to Uber driving income tax and GST aren’t to bad with all the deductions. If you declare all you may be surprised. The problem starts when you let a lot of undeclared income build up as the ATO will find out all in the end. The banks and tech are real dibba dobers! The best way to tackle it is in small payments and get on top of it right from the word go. Make sure your income tax is paid off before the next financial year and make sure your GST is paid off before you get the bill for your next one...