Inshur

Sylvester

Given the recent goings on, I'm considering signing up with Atlas Cars so as not to be completely stuffed if Uber do lose their appeal/bail out of London.

I've already trawled the archive and found a few aged comments, but do any of you have any recent experience with them?

They want a £200 deposit in order to work with them, but that doesn't seem to be for anything in particular (not for a phone, radio, etc.). This sets off a loud alarm bell in my head.
Apparently they'll give it back if I leave after having done 90 jobs. Is this sort of thing normal in the London PH game? I've only worked as a taxi driver in the shires before doing Uber here, but this does seem a little odd.

What do you chaps think?

Am I likely to get my £200 back when the time comes?
Are they in the habit of dispensing with drivers shortly before they've done 90 jobs?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to know...

Sylvester

Thanks, DD.
The chap on the phone did say that they'd just taken over a couple of firms (Any idea who the other firm is?), so it's good to have that confirmed.
I have a Galaxy, so perhaps there's some hope there...

The old boys and controllers' favourites always get the best work; If only I'd stayed where I was years ago, I'd be an 'old boy' by now!

babasanfur

Given the recent goings on, I'm considering signing up with Atlas Cars so as not to be completely stuffed if Uber do lose their appeal/bail out of London.

I've already trawled the archive and found a few aged comments, but do any of you have any recent experience with them?

They want a £200 deposit in order to work with them, but that doesn't seem to be for anything in particular (not for a phone, radio, etc.). This sets off a loud alarm bell in my head.
Apparently they'll give it back if I leave after having done 90 jobs. Is this sort of thing normal in the London PH game? I've only worked as a taxi driver in the shires before doing Uber here, but this does seem a little odd.

What do you chaps think?

Are they in the habit of dispensing with drivers shortly before they've done 90 jobs?

Because they don't charge rent in advance they have to secure a bit more than your week rent

Atlas cars are good company he had 3 bases the main one in Fulham

Highly recommended keep good relation with the control room and don't listen to other drivers good luck

D1991

There are a few decent companies left I worked for a company that sent me 200-300£ worth of jobs every night they are crying for drivers , that's before commission but I left 12 hours 6 days a week no thank you I would rather make less and work less hours

Sylvester

Which company was that, D1991? I don't fancy those hours either, but I'd like to at least have the option to turn down that level of work...

Thanks, Babs.
I now realise that they may want to secure their share of cash work via the deposit, which I suppose is fair enough.
But now you've worried me with your use of the word 'rent'. I'd be using my own car and they said nothing about a rent...

And how does one maintain good relations with the control room, given that it's app-based. Should I bring them cakes and doughnuts? That worked before!

Makemoneyfornow

What do you chaps think?

"Sid" from control is waanker

Ask what rates they charge from airport, last time I did one it was no different from Uber.

Also you have to meet and greet.

Sylvester

Thanks, MMFN.
I don't mind doing meet-and-greets, but I would want to be paid accordingly...
I shall be asking lots of questions when I go and see them...

I recall your assertion that 'Sid is a waanker' from my earlier archive search. Wankers are everywhere, but how would you recommend I deal with this particular one?

babasanfur

Which company was that, D1991? I don't fancy those hours either, but I'd like to at least have the option to turn down that level of work...

Thanks, Babs.
I now realise that they may want to secure their share of cash work via the deposit, which I suppose is fair enough.
But now you've worried me with your use of the word 'rent'. I'd be using my own car and they said nothing about a rent...

And how does one maintain good relations with the control room, given that it's app-based. Should I bring them cakes and doughnuts? That worked before!
Keeping good relation doesn't mean cakes and doughnuts it's just cover some jobs when asked or give them time to pray while you answer the phone that's what I mean by good relations

Uber Love

most mini cab offices are closed now. LOVING UBER POWER.

It makes me laugh when people aay Uber exploits their drivers. Hello? Mini Cab firms have been doing that for decades. F hell.

I think mini cabs and BC are f now. UBER is the new word lol. UBER is the word. Good bye BC. Good bye mini thing. Hi UBER.

babasanfur

most mini cab offices are closed now. LOVING UBER POWER.

It makes me laugh when people aay Uber exploits their drivers. Hello? Mini Cab firms have been doing that for decades. F hell.

I think mini cabs and BC are f now. UBER is the new word lol. UBER is the word. Good bye BC. Good bye mini thing. Hi UBER.
Are u ok
You can't complete a sentence without swearing
Have you grown up in Essex and your first name is Wayne

Makemoneyfornow

Thanks, MMFN.
I don't mind doing meet-and-greets, but I would want to be paid accordingly...
I shall be asking lots of questions when I go and see them...

I recall your assertion that 'Sid is a waanker' from my earlier archive search. Wankers are everywhere, but how would you recommend I deal with this particular one?
I turned up at the office to kick his head in, he sheet himself so left it at that.

Ain't done a job from them since.

They are dodgy, your contract probably states after certain number of jobs, commission is reduced to 10% you will never reach that most of the time.

They will send you cc jobs so at the end of the week balance is in their favour.

I tried getting my cash but they kept changing the goal post first they said £50 or over is transferred to bank ac but soon changed it to £100.

Just real A HOLES who really need Uber to deal the punishment.

zazoo166

What do you chaps think?

Worked for them in the past and still have friends and relatives working for them. They have a good amount of work in the mornings. If you have an MPV that's even better. The morning controllers are very fair only give jobs by turn, area, etc. The night controller is fair in the sense that he makes sure all the drivers make equal amount but only the driver who is solely working for them. They know who is loyal to them and who ain't you keep switching on and off odd times and places regularly and they will know you working UBER, etc. If you work only for them work a very nice pattern like you regularly come a certain time go certain time they will look after you no matter. What one of the OP's meant when looking after the controller is when they are badly stuck with jobs they may even call you on your cell phone directly when you are not working and ask if possible you can cover the job, or when you going off they might ask you to stay longer more work coming low on drivers or like come earlier tomorrow than usual, if you do this favour ever so often they will look after you. Lastly one of the OP's mentioned about 'Sid' night controller he is the one who looks after drivers the most if you're loyal and you help him out as he needs it the most cuz some busy nights he doesnt have enough drivers, he can come across rude many times but isn't that bad of a guy the administrators have tamed him down a but since many complaints and one went too far with my friend actually. Lastly, they bought 2 cab offices recently one is London and Fulham Cabs and lastly Spotty Cars in Camden or something. The rates are a bit low sometimes too low for clients who are very frequent and bother to bargain with them, but the controllers make it up to you by making sure you take a good amount home for a number of hours you spend there. Good luck :smiles: I got my £200 back easily after spending 2 years with them no fuss via a cheque.

Uber24

There are a few decent companies left I worked for a company that sent me 200-300£ worth of jobs every night they are crying for drivers , that's before commission but I left 12 hours 6 days a week no thank you I would rather make less and work less hours
Which company is that

Volkswaber

What do you chaps think?

Check the reviews and rating about that company on Google map and what drivers say about that company. Don't give £200 before to know more about that office. Maybe after you give them £200 you end up waiting ages to get job for peanuts, and the prices are cheap than Uber already cheap.