• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Atlanta United MLS Championship Game Strategy

crusoeatl

I did a lot of Stop New Requests tonight and got paid every surge on the trip I took before. Don't know where that theory that you'll be paid on your "next" ride comes from. Maybe true, maybe not. But it's not what I experienced. And with surge as high as $24 for about 3 hours in Johns Creek, I banked a lot of $ on deliveries. Short deliveries, but each one had $24 attached to it. One of my best days ever. A stacked delivery paid me $57.66 for 30min? Hell yeah I'd take that every single day and twice on Sunday. If this is how this new surge works, I'm ok with it. For today at least.
It was nasty out there, but worth it.

Raven087

If you're gonna dhill at least be honest and not stupid. I stated Uber policy verbatim. I also an not saying the ssme thing as Titan.

Read. Learn. Beats shilling
It's not my fault you misinterpreted.
How is it any different than the old policy? If you were in a 100% surge and canceled or rejected and the surge went away before your next ride, you weren't getting 100% surge on the next.

I'm just waiting on all the furious drivers to show up here today as you predicted yesterday.

Carblar, invest in some common sense and stop swinging and missing on your theories. You got the Hertz policy all wrong as well

poblack

Some of you had the surge wrong.

If you cancel or reject a Surge ping, as long as you are still in a surge zone, you will get whatever the current surge amount “sticked” on your app to be applied to the next ride you COMPLETE. After the United let out I rejected probably 4-5 XL pings in a row because I had a LYFT fare and the amounts declined after each rejection as I traveled further from the stadium. It started out at $20.

Your surge can also increase as you travel to higher surge zones but they don’t stack.

Bottom line is that you can really come up on short trips but you get screwed on long trips.

LYFT really blessed me last night. I rarely get Black SUV pings but after the game I got one. The app said I was going to get a $24 surge bonus. When I accepted the ping it was $50! The trip wasn’t too long... a place off Howell Mill. After I drop off I got another Black SUV ping to go pick up again at the stadium and it had another $50 bonus! This trip was to Marietta and I got a $20 tip. Made $240 in a couple of hours AND managed to keep $14 sticky surge in my UBER app to apply to the next ride.

Titan

Ok ....

So it looks to me that the new surge is a good thing for short trips. However, you get bent over backwards on long trips....

Question is .... Is Uber still using the multiplier for their take of Surge ???

Is the customer benefiting more from a dollar surge vs the multiplier old surge ???
OR ....
Is Uber collecting the majority of the surge & just paying Dollar $$ / peanuts to Drivers ??

To accept pool or not accept pool ?? Seems there is more of an incentive to accept pool if u have surge to go with it ??? Yes ?? No ??

I appreciate your all’s input / replies .....

Thx ...

Last edited:

wwud

I did a lot of Stop New Requests tonight and got paid every surge on the trip I took before. Don't know where that theory that you'll be paid on your "next" ride comes from. Maybe true, maybe not. But it's not what I experienced. And with surge as high as $24 for about 3 hours in Johns Creek, I banked a lot of $ on deliveries. Short deliveries, but each one had $24 attached to it. One of my best days ever. A stacked delivery paid me $57.66 for 30min? Hell yeah I'd take that every single day and twice on Sunday. If this is how this new surge works, I'm ok with it. For today at least.
It was nasty out there, but worth it.
Yes! I killed deliveries too last night. I was thinking it was too good to be true until I saw the payments.

negeorgia

Ok ....

So it looks to me that the new surge is a good thing for short trips. However, you get bent over backwards on long trips....

Question is .... Is Uber still using the multiplier for their take of Surge ???

Is the customer benefiting more from a dollar surge vs the multiplier old surge ???
OR ....
Is Uber collecting the majority of the surge & just paying Dollar $$ / peanuts to Drivers ??

To accept pool or not accept pool ?? Seems there is more of an incentive to accept pool if u have surge to go with it ??? Yes ?? No ??

I appreciate your all’s input / replies .....

Thx ...
1. Yes, on short trips... very good... I drove through a congested area and landed $19 on my app. Next ping was a crowded area and tons of traffic, I canceled. Still got $19 on my app... I drove a few blocks away and parked in a empty parking lot .. next ping was a restaurant in the same parking lot:p . $3 core quest and $19 new surge/ $27.xx, on just under 5 mile trip. (pax charged $18)

2. I can't say an exact answer... every trip is different... Service Fee varied from negative to 50%.

3. They started posting the additional pick up $ on POOL pings, the highest I saw was $4.50.

I accepted a $7.75 on a POOL, thinking it might be a short trip... It went for 17.5 miles:confused:

Carblar

It's not my fault you misinterpreted.
How is it any different than the old policy? If you were in a 100% surge and canceled or rejected and the surge went away before your next ride, you weren't getting 100% surge on the next.

I'm just waiting on all the furious drivers to show up here today as you predicted yesterday.

Carblar, invest in some common sense and stop swinging and missing on your theories. You got the Hertz policy all wrong as well
As a mindless shill, I get you don't look things up or read posts in context.
I quoted the Uber policy verbatim. If it's not working that way well big shock that Uber had glitches.
Ditto Hertz 28 day policy direct from their site.
And I didn't say furious drivers would post here. Most dont.

Think. Read. Learn.

Raven087

As a mindless shill, I get you don't look things up or read posts in context.
I quoted the Uber policy verbatim. If it's not working that way well big shock that Uber had glitches.
Ditto Hertz 28 day policy direct from their site.
And I didn't say furious drivers would post here. Most dont.

Think. Read. Learn.
The only glitch is your reading comprehension. I read their policy and its verifying in exactly the manner I expected. Somehow you took 'next ride' to mean 'ride after next'.

I'm not a shill for Uber. I'm just not a get angry first and find out the facts later guy like you.

steveK2016

ohhh..... lookie here .... the $7 Sticky Surge has begun .... from Buckhead !!!!

Up to $8 now ............do I here a $9 ............. added on to your NEXT Ride .... So your ride down to the Benz is @ the regular LOW BALL RATE !!!!! WHAT A SCAM !!!!!
"Next" ride means the ride you accept at that moment of the surge. Not the next ride after that... Now im wondering if you're intentionally being obtuse.

Atlwarrior

Tonight will be a test of the new surge between the championship game and holiday parties surge surge be between $15 -$25 when game concludes. Strategy would be short trips and to avoid gates A and B and then get next pick up from hotel downtown to avoid traffic at stadium. Any other constructive thoughts appreciated - avoid the replies stating not driving etc.
Avoid all of that foolishness and wait on surge rides from the airport.