At what surge rate would you stop your boycotting, and start driving on May 8th?

dmoney155

1.1, people are desperate.... I'm totally ready to drive tomorrow (nah not really, not taking day off from day job or anything like that, just will hit my usual route after work)

Actionjax

I haven’t gone out in about a month. But if it’s sitting at a 2.0 and across the city I might try.

MrAbduz

Considering the mental stress that you have to go through just to get a minimum wage job, Uber is still a pretty viable option, if you drive a beater or a low end car like a civic/corolla etc.

I mean why would anyone bother making a resume, network with others just so they can get an interview at McDonalds and then spend their day flipping patties, tolerating a rude boss/co worker over sitting in their car driving around the city. Trust me, finding a minimum wage job is still a pain in the ass in Canada.

All that considered, I highly doubt there will be any boycott.

Speedy_Gonzales

Considering the mental stress that you have to go through just to get a minimum wage job, Uber is still a pretty viable option, if you drive a beater or a low end car like a civic/corolla etc.

I mean why would anyone bother making a resume, network with others just so they can get an interview at McDonalds and then spend their day flipping patties, tolerating a rude boss/co worker over sitting in their car driving around the city. Trust me, finding a minimum wage job is still a pain in the ass in Canada.

All that considered, I highly doubt there will be any boycott.

Considering that driving is a high risk low reward job with rideshare, and requires way more skill than flipping burgers, it should pay more than minimum wage. But the problem is we have all these dudes that prefer to be lazy and sleep in their cars just so they don’t have to go work a normal job. Anyone who tells me driving around the city is easy, is obviously doing it wrong. Because, obeying the road laws, watching out for pot holes, pedestrians, cyclists, construction etc.... investing in a vehicle and insurance...... risking your life daily at high speeds AND dealing with the general public which entails people of all walks of life, from business folk, to tourists, to drug dealers and prostitues and murders, I would say $40 to $50 per hour gross should be the wage for driving.