At what rating do you watch the request time out?

At what rating do you decline a ride?

What rating would you accept, then brace yourself for an @@@@@@@?

OT: Anyone else sick of the Weekly Top 5?

I'm a rebel just for kicks! Hope you pray! Imagine Dragons whoaoaoalaoal

chitown73

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but since when do drivers even see the pax ratings in Chicago? That's always been one of things that most drivers in the Chicago area complained about, which makes the whole question pointless. And even if you could see the ratings, just click "No Thanks" and be done with it.

I'm driving Lyft. Not being able to see names or passenger ratings is why I'm doing a Lyft try-out first.

It's BS that you can't see Uber ratings in Chicago.

chitown73

I'm driving Lyft. Not being able to see names or passenger ratings is why I'm doing a Lyft try-out first.

It's BS that you can't see Uber ratings in Chicago.
Personally I've only done a few rides on Lyft since signing up a few weeks ago, mainly because I usually get a ping on Uber before I get one in Lyft. But while Lyft may be different in certain respects, in the end they are no better/worse than Uber. They're PDB AND Primetime are b*s. Their support dept is 10X worse than Uber and as a lot of drivers have said on UP, Lyft has a habit of canceling rides after you've accepted them because they gave the ride to a closer driver and of course they try to claim the rider canceled.

And you can't really rely on pax ratings too much. While I do believe a good portion of pax are self entitled whiners, there are plenty of drivers who admit to down rating pax for even the pettiest b*s.

That's true - but what are the odds the same pax got a petty driver more than a few times? I Isn't it pretty hard for a pax rating to go down that much?

chitown73

That's true - but what are the odds the same pax got a petty driver more than a few times? I Isn't it pretty hard for a pax rating to go down that much?
Depends on how many rides they've taken. If they're fairly new to using Uber it wouldn't take much to knock their rating down some. That's why we should be able to see the exact same info that the riders see for the drivers. They can see your rating, how many months you've been driving and how many rides you've done. But that's typical Chicago b*s.

jfinks

Uber did that rematch with a closer rider thing for a while. It sucked. You could accept a nice surge ride and then get rematch Ed enroute to a closer non surge rider. I haven't seen it in a while so they must have ended it.

Personally I've only done a few rides on Lyft since signing up a few weeks ago, mainly because I usually get a ping on Uber before I get one in Lyft. But while Lyft may be different in certain respects, in the end they are no better/worse than Uber. They're PDB AND Primetime are b*s. Their support dept is 10X worse than Uber and as a lot of drivers have said on UP, Lyft has a habit of canceling rides after you've accepted them because they gave the ride to a closer driver and of course they try to claim the rider canceled.

And you can't really rely on pax ratings too much. While I do believe a good portion of pax are self entitled whiners, there are plenty of drivers who admit to down rating pax for even the pettiest b*s.

Wow that is horrible about not seeing rating. What did they do that?

chitown73

Driving strictly for Lyft but will go to Uber soon. Had no idea Uber is 75 percent share.
Just what do you think that "75% share" refers to? Yes, Uber only takes a 25% cut from the time and mileage rate in your area BUT that doesn't mean you'll be getting 75% of the fares they charge to the rider.. Uber will still charge the rider whatever they can and pocket the difference and there's nothing you can do about it. Both Uber and Lyft will screw you every chance they get.

SobrbNWI

Just what do you think that "75% share" refers to? Yes, Uber only takes a 25% cut from the time and mileage rate in your area BUT that doesn't mean you'll be getting 75% of the fares they charge to the rider.. Uber will still charge the rider whatever they can and pocket the difference and there's nothing you can do about it. Both Uber and Lyft will screw you every chance they get.

I think he's referring to market share, as in Uber has 75% of the rideshare market.

lakersfan1

I don't even look at the Lyft rating anymore. I drive during the day only now and I've taken 4.1-4.3 that were perfectly pleasant. I'm guessing they're bad drunks at night, though. So maybe pay more attention to ratings after 8PM, and ignore during the day. After 2500 rides between Lyft and Uber, I've only had maybe 20 unpleasant passengers, and out of those only maybe 5 were memorably unpleasant. Keep in mind almost everybody here drives mostly Uber, and we can't see any ratings at all, so it's a crapshoot for most drivers.