At what point do you give up uber/lyft

ubernortheast

For me:
It was a combo of pool, rates, fear of accident and a passenger in key Biscayne.

I initially had an Fll to key Biscayne ride, after dropping off my passenger. I was so happy I was in the middle of the elusive surge. I waited and waited over 15 minutes watching it go from a 3.8,2.8,1.2 neutral. Then the ping and my anger. I Showed up at the guys house and he was not waiting, he came out and told me to park in the driveway took his time loading in his luggage and when I start the ride were off to Miami international. And get this his flight is in less than one hour he tells me when he gets in the car. Now all of a sudden it's my problem and he's telling me which way to go and how fast to go. I did my best to keep it pleasant but told him it's a dick move and I don't care if you make your flight or not. We arrive at the airport he gets out, grabs luggage and runs ....I swipe to end the trip only to find out that I did all of that for about $14. I close the app I drove home and it's now been 5 months.

ChevyVolt

It's become nightmarish. Hard to believe that this was once actually profitable. If I had any other alternative, I would leave and never look back!

naplestom75

For me:
It was a combo of pool, rates, fear of accident and a passenger in key Biscayne.

I initially had an Fll to key Biscayne ride, after dropping off my passenger. I was so happy I was in the middle of the elusive surge. I waited and waited over 15 minutes watching it go from a 3.8,2.8,1.2 neutral. Then the ping and my anger. I Showed up at the guys house and he was not waiting, he came out and told me to park in the driveway took his time loading in his luggage and when I start the ride were off to Miami international. And get this his flight is in less than one hour he tells me when he gets in the car. Now all of a sudden it's my problem and he's telling me which way to go and how fast to go. I did my best to keep it pleasant but told him it's a &%[email protected]!* move and I don't care if you make your flight or not. We arrive at the airport he gets out, grabs luggage and runs ....I swipe to end the trip only to find out that I did all of that for about $14. I close the app I drove home and it's now been 5 months.
You always cancel the first ping that comes when the surge drops off.