At what gas prices will you stop doing ridesharing?

Are gasoline prices too high to continue doing ridesharing?

• Total voters

Gone_in_60_seconds

Hello Team,.

At what price of gasoline will you stop doing ridesharing?

It's almost $1.60 in Vancouver now, and appears that gasoline prices are back on an upward trajectory.

Kobe_bean

Didn't we cover that already?
Yes we have. But, did we cover the issue by comparing it to gas prices in Vancouver? I think not.

Next thread: I’m comparing current gas price to gas price in the year of 2000. Seems like an upward trajectory in price.

gbaby

Hey hybrid

let me count down for the arrival of the guy who brags about his shitty volt in every thread....

What's the mileage like on propane? How many km per liter or propane?

very similar to gas.
if you have the small tank, you get about 350 km on a $20 fillup. if you got the big tank its around 600km on $40 depending on your driving style.

Gone_in_60_seconds

let me count down for the arrival of the guy who brags about his shitty volt in every thread....

Yes, just waiting for the GM Shill to come on. This is his favorite topic: the advantages of a GM Volt over conventional Internal Combustion engine vehicles! LOL. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

very similar to gas.
if you have the small tank, you get about 350 km on a $20 fillup. if you got the big tank its around 600km on $40 depending on your driving style.
It sounds like it may be better than Diesel, mileage wise. As a liter of propane is a lot cheaper than a liter of diesel fuel!

Jshawkat

At $1.50 it is really hurting

At $1.60 1.70 better off finding another job

You can still be profitable for the day but your hourly “profit” that will hurt significantly

Ben Wood

very similar to gas.

"Fuel Economy and Performance. ... Propane has a higher octane rating than gasoline (104 to 112, compared with 87 to 92 for gasoline) and potentially more horsepower, but its lower British thermal unit (Btu) rating per gallon results in lower fuel economy."

https://www.afdc.energy.gov/fuels/propane_benefits.html

toronto1983

At $1.50 it is really hurting

At $1.60 1.70 better off finding another job

You can still be profitable for the day but your hourly “profit” that will hurt significantly
If I get uber 4x with long trips, I don't care if the price goes to 2$/liter.

Yam Digger

I only drive on Saturday now which is the most profitable day of the week. On any other day, I'm only making enough money to buy back the gas I burned with a little bit of change left over for a coffee.

Ben Wood

I only drive on Saturday now which is the most profitable day of the week. On any other day, I'm only making enough money to buy back the gas I burned with a little bit of change left over for a coffee.

I always drive with destination mode on... even on short trips (like when I do groceries)... It's hit and miss (because I don't always wait for a ping) but any rides during destination are profitable... I net enough that way to cover costs and gas otherwise...