Aspergers Driver

CStarzzSelect

How do I let people know that I have Aspergers without scaring them?
Sometimes pax make jokes I font understand, and they get upset when I don’t laugh thinking I’m being rude. When they through sarcasm my way I never see it coming, so I answer them and they get upset. I can’t tell the difference between someone who is being serious and someone who is joking. Should I make a sign for the back seat that states that I have Aspergers and what it is? It gets frustrating after a few rides and I became stressed out easily.

Uber's Guber

but I’m not Deaf.
And you didn't hear me say you were deaf. :rolleyes:
If pax are notified through the app that you are deaf, they won't waste time bothering you when you start the ride.
Or, you can go through the whole hassle of hanging signs and explaining to everybody what Aspergers is and why you don't laugh at their jokes. Most rides don't last long enough to explain everything.
Me, I prefer the shortcut approach when dealing with pax.

GreatWhiteHope

Sometimes pax make jokes I font understand, and they get upset when I don’t laugh thinking I’m being rude. When they through sarcasm my way I never see it coming, so I answer them and they get upset. I can’t tell the difference between someone who is being serious and someone who is joking. Should I make a sign for the back seat that states that I have Aspergers and what it is? It gets frustrating after a few rides and I became stressed out easily.

Put it in your profile like the interesting things about you ?

CStarzzSelect

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do not tell them you have Asperger's.
People are stupid and will then assume something worse.

Saying you have bad hearing is better.
Knowing people in this area they will start yelling, and ppl with Aspergers are sensitive to load noises. Sometimes i jump when its quiet and they start talking loud out of the blue.
Post automatically merged:

Put it in your profile like the interesting things about you ?
You are brilliant!

170C89F9-F538-46EC-9DF6-6149BD2B8239.jpeg

How does this sound? Does it sound right? Not mean? Welcoming? Just informative?

Last edited:

Wolfgang Faust

Knowing people in this area they will start yelling, and ppl with Aspergers are sensitive to load noises. Sometimes i jump when its quiet and they start talking loud out of the blue.

You are brilliant!

View attachment 401396
How does this sound? Does it sound right? Not mean? Welcoming? Just informative?
That is good.

Mkang14

You are brilliant!

View attachment 401396
Love it❣

GreatWhiteHope

You are brilliant!

View attachment 401396

Perfect imo

doyousensehumor

I apologise in advance for any of my posts you may read :redface:😉

MasterAbsher

Not sure I'd bring it up. People who dont understand it may use it against you. Some might even be uncomfortable with you as a driver and give you low ratings. . One of my best employees had same. He didnt go around saying Hi, my name is Mike and I have Aspergers

doyousensehumor

You are brilliant!

View attachment 401396
Perfect, that looks like a good way to put it.
That may work, and may help.
But, be warned, most pax don't read profiles.

Mkang14

Not sure I'd bring it up. People who dont understand it may use it against you. Some might even be uncomfortable with you as a driver and give you low ratings. . One of my best employees had same. He didnt go around saying Hi, my name is Mike and I have Aspergers
Maybe this is a chance for him to teach people about it.

He shouldnt be ashamed of having a higher then average IQ 😉

CStarzzSelect

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I get what you're saying, but its become so frustrating when they get upset for something, i don't mean to have.