Ask about multiple destinations.

SkyHighTy

So recently I’ve been experiencing a scenario (scam) where two or more people enter the car with one destination (drop off point).

When I reach the drop off point only one person exits the car. On the app, it shows the trip is COMPLETE. But the remaining passengers begin negotiations with you to deliver them to undesirable destinations.

It’s been articulated this way to me....

“So you can stay here in your busy area or we can go to (a city 19 miles away with no chance of a ride back). It’s totally up to you.”

Read that as, “if you don’t take me 20 miles I’ll complain.”

So my advice is this...

Start asking, “will everyone be exiting at the same destination?”

SkyHighTy

The scam is the person that ordered the trip doesn’t get out.

I thought I wouldn’t have to explain that.

Boca Ratman

Wait, who gets out?
Who gets out first.
Post automatically merged:

So 2 get in,, you drop one person off then continue to another location, what's the scam?

Have them change the destination or tell them you can't finish the ride.

UberBeemer

So recently I’ve been experiencing a scenario (scam) where two or more people enter the car with one destination (drop off point).

When I reach the drop off point only one person exits the car. On the app, it shows the trip is COMPLETE. But the remaining passengers begin negotiations with you to deliver them to undesirable destinations.

“So you can stay here in your busy area or we can go to (a city 19 miles away with no chance of a ride back). It’s totally up to you.”

So my advice is this...

If the trip is complete, ask them to get out, and request another ride. If they didn't add a stop before you completed the trip, that's all she wrote.

dmoney155

So my advice is this...

Or.... hear my out here, you simply tell the pax to gtfo ... I know, it's so simple but it really does work. I never had a problem saying update the app or get out.

They complain? oh boo hoo... what's next? you'll let them stick where the sun doesn't shine because they complain?... seriously... this is totally troll post.

It's not a scam... they simply smell a pushover and see how much they can milk you for. Scam is when you are taken for a ride and you don't realize you been duped till after the fact.

El Impulsador

So my advice is this...

But a rider can just simply add a stop thru the app when they first requested the ride. They are entitled to more than one stop, that's why there's that feature on the uber rider app.

Ardery

So my advice is this...

I think something like this happens to me once a year. not worth worrying about.

Nats121

I think he said the person that ordered the trip got out and they wanted to continue to another destination without having it in the app
If the pax exits the vehicle upon reaching the destination the insurance ends. They key question is whether or not it was the destination.

SkyHighTy

I've been asked this before, if it's an undesirable area I politely decline saying sorry this is my last ride today I have somewhere to be, never had any problems or complaints, of course this was before c19 when I was doing x.
Finally someone sense-able.

But I'm not even in the car! How are you going to be a good rideshare driver if you don't even know who's in the vehicle? Maybe this line of work isn't for you?

You again...💥😖🔫