1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

As a uber driver, the car phone mount is necessary?

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Emily Zeng, Aug 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. When I was riding on Uber or Lyft, I often saw a car phone mount on the car.

If I become a Uber driver, is really the car phone mount necessary?

[​IMG]

tohunt4me and jgiun1 like this.
  2. jgiun1

jgiun1

OMG yes....for safety during navigation and driving......you take your eyes off road and look down for even a second, that could be a car, deer or person you hit. With it mounted it's more like moving your eyes to look over and not really even turning your neck.

Plus the fact even if your not using the navigation, you still have stacked pings rolling in plus any texts from future ride or family.

There's absolutely no way you can rideshare safely without a mount.

I personally guarantee you'll be a rated 4.50 driver from pax ratings with phone on your lap and probably deactivated for safety. Uber knows from GPS if the phones mounted or moving around during trip.

I bought one at best buy and has a square magnet on the end. You stick that part to where ever you want in car...they give you a square thin magnet to place inside your phone cover.....it's the best thing I ever bought two years ago and you can remove and put back with two fingers anytime you want. I have a heavy iphone 8 plus with case and it doesn't budge a centimeter while driving.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  3. Yes, Indeed it is. Safety is the most important thing. When we have such a mount, we can mount the phone directly on it. It is easy to view navigation information.

Btw, Can you show me your mount? In the form of a photo?:p:p:p

jgiun1 likes this.
  4. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    Mount your phone. I've use several types of mounts, and the magnetic vent mount has proven most useful in my case, but your car and desires may require otherwise.

Dice Man, Emily Zeng and jgiun1 like this.
  5. jgiun1

jgiun1

5AB628C4-9AD9-40E5-9BBD-F8BABCBD6FBB.jpeg

You'll love this one!!!! And if you want you can buy that 3m stuff that you can remove the adhesive from pulling tab down and not use the real sticky 3m on the part you mount on car.....im not joking, this is the best mount on the planet for ease and stability. The part that sticks to interior I highlighted yellow...then it has an adjustable knob above for any angle in a cars interior.

Attached Files:

6. flyntflossy10

flyntflossy10

Driving:
    UberX
  7. It is a good mount, but I don't like it's Appearance. Not beautiful enough.:D:D:D

I like this one on Amazon. But a little expensive.

[​IMG]

How about Air Vent Cell Phone Holder?

New
    It is a good mount, but I don't like it's Appearance. Not beautiful enough.:D:D:D

I like this one on Amazon. But a little expensive.[​IMG]

Do you have some recommendations? Or show me your mount?

jgiun1 likes this.
  8. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    Your own beauty will suffice. Do not worry about the beauty of a phone mount, only be concerned about its functionality.

Cableguynoe, Emily Zeng and jgiun1 like this.
  9. flyntflossy10

flyntflossy10

Driving:
    UberX
    This is what I use. Clips to the vent. And it's cheap

Attached Files:

Cableguynoe, Emily Zeng and jgiun1 like this.
  10. jgiun1

jgiun1

Words of wisdom Guber....espically considering the phone is covering up the mount anyway. And if your phone is smaller than a mount, shame on that person for even considering rideshare and should join a circus.

I like that mount.....looks very nice

Emily Zeng likes this.
  11. Yes, the function is more important. But I am a girl. Relative to the function, the girls are more concerned about beauty, also.:p:p:p

$19.99-29.99. It's not cheap. For me, a little expensive.:oops::oops::oops:

Wow. Great minds think alike. I also like it, at least it is very beautiful. I like beautiful items.:p:p:p

jgiun1 likes this.
  12. jgiun1

jgiun1

You are very beautiful, and I'm sure you'll be racking in the cash tips droving Uber. GL with your mount search, I'm sure more idea's will be posted.

Cableguynoe and Emily Zeng like this.
  13. Thanks. But this is me about 2 yrs ago. Now I'm older.:confused::confused::confused:

popcollar2014, Cableguynoe and jgiun1 like this.
  14. jgiun1

jgiun1

I'm 47 now....like stone age era !!!!

But no wrinkles and could pass for 25-30....lol

Cableguynoe and Emily Zeng like this.
  15. :p:p:p If I call you Grandpa Jgiun. Will you angry with me? Haha.

Uber's Guber, Cableguynoe and jgiun1 like this.
  16. jgiun1

jgiun1

I've been called worse.....lol

17. How can it be worse? Lol. Grandgrandpa Jgiun?:D:D:D

jgiun1, 1.5xorbust and Cableguynoe like this.
  18. I would second the magnetic mount.

If your car has a CD player that you don't use, that sometimes is a great spot for your holder.

61pHieBcJIL._SL1500_.jpg

19. DocT

DocT Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Depending on the CD player location on the dash, the mount MAY get in the way of the gear shift if the player is lower on the console. ie. Infinity sedans.

I also use a magnetic mount in the CD player for my BMW. The mount location is perfect bcs the AC vent blows onto my phone, keeping it cool at all times when driving. Paired with a magnetic charging cable. Examples below.

Koomus cd mount.PNG
    Magnetic charging cable micro usb example.PNG

jgiun1 and Emily Zeng like this.
  20. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

How about OGJG?

jgiun1 and Emily Zeng like this.