• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

As a pax...why I wasn’t outside immediately when my Lyft arrived

DrinkSoda

Lyft gives a 5 min grace period when a driver arrives at a pick up spot. Uber gives only 2 min. Pretty sure I needed all 5 min.

20773DE5-2BB5-42D7-918A-71DB44B9471B.jpeg

Hustlin2Long

Lyft gives a 5 min grace period when a driver arrives at a pick up spot. Uber gives only 2 min. Pretty sure I needed all 5 min.

View attachment 268245
Im guessing your a rider of one of our ride sharing apps. Or both! Both lyft and Uber ride sharing company gives the rider requesting service a 5 minutes courtesy wait before you as the rider is charged our $5.00 chicken dinner! Common courtesy as a rider is to be waiting at the place you placed that dot on, and not to make the Driver wait longer than is required, you as the rider should be standing at the place your dot is shown on your screen, no exception!

You as the rider should be looking at your screen continuously to make sure the app. Tell you, your driver has arrive! And you should be outside to be picked up in a timely manner!

DrinkSoda

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Im guessing your a rider of one of our ride sharing apps. Or both! Both lyft and Uber ride sharing company gives the rider requesting service a 5 minutes courtesy wait before you as the rider is charged our $5.00 chicken dinner! Common courtesy as a rider is to be waiting at the place you placed that dot on, and not to make the Driver wait longer than is required, you as the rider should be standing at the place your dot is shown on your screen, no exception!

You as the rider should be looking at your screen continuously to make sure the app. Tell you, your driver has arrive! And you should be outside to be picked up in a timely manner!
Kinda hard to be outside right when the driver arrives when you’re legitimately locked inside the house. Yea I’d be out there. The driver got the point. Once I got out and in the car it was a normal run of the mill ride.

MHR

I need the rest of the story...why/how were you locked inside a house?

Did the door knob fall off or something? :biggrin:

Last edited:

Hustlin2Long

Uber and lyft allows a rider more than 5 minutes to an hour to get to there drivers. You just need to text or call the driver to let them know your going to be 30 minutes late and to wait me until I am inside your car. All uber and left drivers understands and will wait for you as long as you let them know. I had an uber driver wait for me for 1 hour and made sure to watch him rate me a 5 star and I rate him a 1 star because he did not open my door. All Uber driver has to rate there rider before being able to get another ride. So you can tell the uber driver, hey thanks for the ride can you rate me a 5 star now and I'll do yours while I'm walking. You can watch the uber driver rate you a 5 star before getting out the vehicle!Than you go ahead and rate them a 1 star than go under others box. Type this uber driver was very rude and made me feel uncomfortable and I would like this credit back to my account asap. Uber platform will credit your account asap lol!

Last edited:

Pax Collector

That's why you don't request a ride until you're ready to go.

Still trying to figure out how someone gets locked inside a house.

Reactions: MHR

Lyle

With almost 3000 rides there is not many scenarios I haven't experienced. I got a pickup off Canal St. and when I arrived the girl called me and said she was locked inside the house. She explained to me that it was an Airbnb and her friend had left earlier and took the key from the dead bolt inside the house locking her in. She told me that there was supposed to be a key on the side of the house inside some sort of electrical box, and could I go get it and let her out. I said OK and opened the gate and went looking around the house for it. She forgot to tell me that she had already contacted the owner and this guy pulls up and sees me creeping around his house. When I saw him I said I guess you're wondering what I'm doing in your yard looking around. He replied yes the thought had crossed his mind. I explained to him that I was an Uber driver and his tenant had called for an Uber before she realized she was locked in , He had a key and unlocked the door and let the girl out.

Hustlin2Long

No it's Caucasian people as yourself in general. Asians and African Americans do there home work before paying for an airbnb

25rides7daysaweek

Uber and lyft allows a rider more than 5 minutes to an hour to get to there drivers. You just need to text or call the driver to let them know your going to be 30 minutes late and to wait me until I am inside your car. All uber and left drivers understands and will wait for you as long as you let them know. I had an uber driver wait for me for 1 hour and made sure to watch him rate me a 5 star and I rate him a 1 star because he did not open my door. All Uber driver has to rate there rider before being able to get another ride. So you can tell the uber driver, hey thanks for the ride can you rate me a 5 star now and I'll do yours while I'm walking. You can watch the uber driver rate you a 5 star before getting out the vehicle!Than you go ahead and rate them a 1 star than go under others box. Type this uber driver was very rude and made me feel uncomfortable and I would like this credit back to my account asap. Uber platform will credit your account asap lol!
I hope someone runs you over the next time you need a ride....

Hustlin2Long

Why can't it be you as you quoted saying working my a$$ off, you need to work harder to be on my level and BTW try vacuuming the inside of your vehicle, I have you a 1 star and I also got credited back to my account! Your vehicle smellt like a$$ and it had my head hurting,that why I gave you a 1 star! And you give 25 rides 7days a week,try improving on your attitude and cleanliness of your vehicle first! You need to take baby steps as in 5 rides 7 days a week!

Lyle

:cool: Every single time I have been "reported" to Uber for Car Smell, it was after a stinky passenger was in my car. I am so sick of these canned responses from the Uber robot!