• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Aren’t you afraid of being murdered?

HotUberMess

Are you sure you’re not experiencing cognitive dissonance? That’s when you don’t want to think about the possibility of you actually being murdered so you put it out of your mind or convince yourself there’s no risk, but every time a rider brings it up, this issue is thrust back into your mind and causes an irritating feeling?

Deal with it head on if it’s bothering you. Get yourself a stun gun or some pepper spray. Then you’ll have some protection and an answer for the riders.

FXService

I get asked this question several times a night. “Aren’t you afraid your going to get murdered driving for UBER?” Honestly, I would like to know Uber’s textbook answer to quote. I get so sick of being asked this from both Males and Females young and old.
just flip the question, "Aren’t you afraid your going to get murdered riding with UBER?"

Thenk wink at them.

Jennttaurus

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am in New York and Pepper Spray is Illegal, so I always tell them (usually Millennial girls) that I carry bear spray which is Legal and I am not afraid to use it.

I agree that they are willingly getting into my ride and I am a complete stranger. The kicker is I know where they live.

UberBeemer

I get asked this question several times a night. “Aren’t you afraid your going to get murdered driving for UBER?” Honestly, I would like to know Uber’s textbook answer to quote. I get so sick of being asked this from both Males and Females young and old.
I say I am more afraid of losing healthcare social security, Medicare, and my right to vote without three forms of picture ID.