Areas of LA core you HATE driving

ssingyy

Downtown Santa Monica. Traffic just crawls. The only place that I will call a passenger and tell them to cross the street.
I'm on 2nd st. near the promenade.

I pulled over across the street right next to the crosswalk.
I saw her waiting at the other side of the crosswalk.
I called her and told her I'm right across the crosswalk.
She told me to do a u-turn.
I told her I could not legally do a u-turn on this street and I would have to come around the block.
She give me the loudest eye roll and says fine.
I spend 5+min going around the block then she cancels right as I pull up.

I roll by and yell WHY'D YOU CANCEL?!

She avoids eye contact and now has to wait for another uber. +$5 Cancellation Fee.
So dumb. I didn't want her in my car anyway.

saucy05

Anyplace with a downtown in front of it and the Hollywood bowl area. I just turn my app off if I dropped off someone at the bowl. I'm not wasting another 30 min to get to a pax and get out of there.

WMUber

The hills (Laurel Canyon, Hollywood Hills, & Bel Air Hills, etc.), takes forever to get up there (especially at night), takes forever to come down. For the same rate?! I don't think so.
35+ years ago, I learned to drive on Laurel, Coldwater, Mulholland, etc. To me the hills are fun. Passengers like the fact that I do not crawl up and down them like a scared granny.

Anybody remember the Mulholland races on Saturday nights?

WMUber

There are only a few places where going around the block or u-turn is just not possible. I do my very best to be able to pull up along the correct side, but sometimes it does not work that way. If I have to ask someone to cross the street, its because it is impossible to do otherwise. That said, I will call ahead to let them know and why. I'll try to make it up on the trip.

hy1368

Hollywood Bowl and Rose Bowl. I don't care if Michael Jackson comes back to life and performs there. Still not picking up at these 2 places.
That's what exactly I was trying to say.Hollywood bowl and Rose boel are the worst area to pick up pax.

Hunter420

Wilshire and Western, pax are never in a convenient spot too pick up. One pax was 3 blocks away, n she text me and i was driving back n forth waving at her laughing! Like id waiste my f***** time doing that. She said she was going call uber and complain because she missed a entire day of work.

UberIgnorance

> DT LA
> DT Hollywood
> Any of DT LA's immediate surroundings (ghetto), save for Silver Lake
> DT Santa Monica
> Anywhere near The Grove or the Beverly Center
> Beverly Hills
> Any college campus with dorms
> Anywhere near that Wilshire road work

Yeah, much of Core LA is simply aggravating.

UberIsAllFubared

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
> DT LA
> DT Hollywood
> Any of DT LA's immediate surroundings (ghetto), save for Silver Lake
> DT Santa Monica
> Anywhere near The Grove or the Beverly Center
> Beverly Hills
> Any college campus with dorms
> Anywhere near that Wilshire road work

Yeah, much of Core LA is simply aggravating.
OMG dude, so fricken true. I hate to say it, but the only place in the LA Core I like to drive anymore is LAX. I don't mind Vine st north of Hollywood at club closing as those are usually significant rides. Bars not so much, but clubs seem more of long destination rides.

And are they ever gonna finish that road work on Wilshire?