Are you renewing your vehicle TNC sticker?

Are you renewing your vehicle TNC sticker?

• Yes

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Waiting for rates to go up

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters

Weatherdawg

I've cut back my operation a ton this summer, since the typical cycle of college-kid-drivers signing up while out of school kicked in. I'm hoping there will be a mass deactivation on 8/1-8/5. My regular job has been good enough lately to help with the $$$ (and my wife not spending as much), so I haven't needed this bandaid.

Since it's free, I'll go renew this year as a just in case.

Just one more trip

That is a personal decision. Each situation is different with the vehicle being a big influence on profitability. At 87 cents a mile for this area, it is not very competitive with any part time job paying minimum wage. I know a lot of people speak of the freedom to work your own choice of hours, but I think of it as the freedom to work for less than minimum wage while depreciating and destroying my car for an entitled non-appreciative company.

timberstx

I was at hobby a couple days ago. A two hour wait and everyone had the new sticker. I am still hoping we get some surges Aug 1.

Quester

I'm not renewing either of my vehicles. If I drive, I won't pick up in Houston but more than likely, I'm done. The last few times that I have been out the wait for rides was too long, the distance to pick up was too far and the trips were too short. I can't justify driving under the current conditions and it appears that things will get worse before they get better.

Uberslaver

Wait sticker renewal is free?? I got a letter in the mail saying its like $150 bucks so I figured I'd just do airport runs where I live outside city limits with no sticker.. but in that case hmm

Xpizza

Just your tnc license, copy of registration (from registration renewal can't be from grocery store or title) and f-ing fire extinguisher. Took only about 20 minutes the line moves quickly and efficiently.

Xpizza

Nobody knows. You will probably have to contest the evaluation. Especially if you are doing uber part-time.

Trebor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just your tnc license, copy of registration (from registration renewal can't be from grocery store or title) and f-ing fire extinguisher. Took only about 20 minutes the line moves quickly and efficiently.
When I renewed mine back in May I was the only car.

Trebor

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's free so I renewed but unless rates change or we see a mass deactivation on 8/1 im done
Uber is going to use this "DATA" and try to spin it off on the city.

"We had to deactivate 40% of our drivers because the Houston permitting process is too burdensome".

In reality, drivers left because Uber has not raised their rates back up, as promised and lower fares means more pissed off drivers, not more riders.

So, I don't blame anybody for renewing their sticker, even if the only reason is "just in case". Don't let Uber tell your story to the city of why you quit.

It's also very likely Uber will "forget" to mass deactivate. The city will probably have to give them an ultimatum like in the times past. Hopefully, Turner has the balls to shut down Uber for not complying with the city. Parker was too nice. (which was good since we did not have a back up plan). Now, We have Get Me already in place, and we don't have to count on Get Me (although they will fill the void in the beginning like Austin) but other rideshare companies, like Austin will set up shop pretty quickly, like Fare and Fasten. Before, we had nothing.