1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Featured Are you ready to put this crap on the roof of your car?

Discussion in 'News' started by BurgerTiime, Jan 4, 2017.

?
  1. No way!

2. For sure!

3. Only if they pay me!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Well-Known Member

Oh I get it. :rolleyes:

Thought u were referring to the Uber insurance coverage pic I posted...

Ubercycle likes this.
  2. KittyS

KittyS New Member

I only drive part time. I would hate to put that ugly, cheesy sign on my nice car!! (If must), I'd only do it if it can be taken off in a few minutes. Would rather die then show up with that sign to my"normal" job or social events.
    If they implement it for permanent , I'd rather quit Uber instead.
    See, cabbies don't drive their own car, it's provided for them so they don't care, but if Uber 'd require that on MY CAR, I'd say they are crossing some serious boundaries and they require TOO MUCH. Then, my part time-hobby would turn into a nagging-headache and I wouldn't deal.
    How about making it optional?
    You want to be easier recognized at your pick-ups, great! Pop up the sign.
    You don't want to ruin your car? OK, that's fine.
    Ty.

Ubershafted likes this.
  3. circle1

circle1 Well-Known Member

I Task
    Ski At
    Ska It
    A Skit
    Ask It
    Sitka

TwoFiddyMile likes this.
  4. jonnyplastic

jonnyplastic Well-Known Member

Im not putting anything Uber related on my car!

5. Lets_Eat

Lets_Eat Well-Known Member

You've got to be kidding.

Michael - Cleveland likes this.

6. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Who's kidding? I woke up one day and now 3 years later there's 1,000,000 bandit cabs globally.

7. RamzFanz

RamzFanz Well-Known Member

That's correct. It's contingent upon your personal policy.

8. RamzFanz

Google has a rideshare beta system in use and they charge the IRS deduction rate to the passenger. I'm certain I read it's because it's the legal limit for true ridesharing.

9. Trump Economics

Trump Economics Well-Known Member

That's going to look great on an older minivan.

10. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Well-Known Member

Which is why me putting that ridiculous sign that further emphasizes we are pretty much a taxi and helps market the ubiquitous presence of Uber is contingent on Uber...
    • paying for the gas and maintenance of my vehicle
    • removing the 5-star rating system that pax constantly abuse
    • not require I have collision insurance on my personal insurance to cover me
    • adding a tip option in a app AND informing pax that tipping drivers is appreciated
    • increasing the rates back to above minimum wage levels
    • e.t.c

11. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Well-Known Member

But regular cars still steal our Uber and Lyft customers. They just pull up to them and say CMON ILL TAKE U FOR LESS CASH. Just pure random car of stranger that is acting like an unlicensed cab.

12. hewlett2packard

hewlett2packard Active Member

13. hewlett2packard

hewlett2packard Active Member

sounds good! sign me up

14. RamzFanz

They do pay for the gas and maintenance. I make $20+ an hour plus tips after they've paid for all of my costs.

Meh, the 5 star system gets rid of bad drivers and is easy to keep high for good drivers. I like it.

Yes, their collision policy is bizarre.

I agree about tips and rates.

15. Tedgey

Tedgey Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Right. That way pax can make it light up any way they want and figure out which one is theirs.

16. Ubershafted

Ubershafted Active Member

I'very noticed your posts a lot. You seem very very aligned with the Uber heads. Are you able to pass messages on to them for us?

17. Karen Stein

Karen Stein Well-Known Member

I have no connection to Uber corporate and have no idea what they're thinking. If they happen to agree with me, what can I say - besides 'great minds think alike?'

18. Andre Benjamin 6000

Andre Benjamin 6000 Well-Known Member

Lol!

:rolleyes:

Dback2004, ubershiza and TwoFiddyMile like this.
  19. Another Uber Driver

Another Uber Driver Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberTAXI
    There is such a thing as a magnetic top light, Demon-0's, Papa John's and a few others have them. In fact, here, many cab drivers bought homes in these townhouse communities in the exurbs that do not allow commercial vehicles to be parked there (they define "commercial" as any vehicle with lettering for a business). What the drivers do is have magnetic top lights and magnetic panels that they put over the lettering. The magnetic top lights are illegal, here, but Enforcement will admit that it is tough to spot them, unless they stop the cab and look closely. These day, Enforcement is far too busy bothering TNC drivers to be bothered with cab drivers. You have to do something pretty bad to get stopped by Enforcement these days if you are hacking.

The light lights only when the user enters the code, or whatever it is that he does.

You can get them that way or with a power cord that plugs into your lighter. This will mean that you will have to keep a window cracked.

.............either that or powered by a cord that plugs into your lighter. There are both types out there. I would prefer one that has batteries similar to the telephone. You plug in the charger only as you need it. This would keep the necessity of a cracked window to a minimum---an important consideration in foul weather.

They used to fail taxicabs at the D.C. Government Test Station for a few scratches. They have not been so bad about it, lately, since the City Council told us that we wanted this eight hundred dollar paint job that used to cost three or four hundred dollars. In addition, the three/four hundred dollar paint jobs were different for each company and gave the cabs here some character. Now we have Little boxes all made out of ticky-tacky and they all look just the same type paint jobs. When you consider what is running this city, it is not surprising. They want everything in mindless, robotic lockstep.

You would have a hard time paying me one hundred twenty bananas to accept one of those foolish things. Lyft told me that I would receive one free after I did my hundred rides. I am at ninety, six, or so, months later. Ha ha ha!

More than one driver for Whole Wheat Pizza or Superior in Amherst made some side money shuttling students around the Five College Area. Dave's Taxi had only two cabs and frequently neither one was on the street. Amherst Towing actually ran that cab company. I would not be surprised if pizza drivers in more than one university town did that.

^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^ It would be better if they would put a charge indicator on the thing so that you can unplug when it is fully charged and only plug up when the battery is drained. That would keep leaking rain and seeping cold air to a minimum.

20. WVboyinOH

WVboyinOH Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Scratchington likes this.