Are you cool letting your wife/daughter/mother/sister take an uber at 2:30am alone?

cityjohn

I think the answer is the same for whether you would in a taxi. And we were OK with that.

On the other hand, I wonder if sometimes my immediate cancels are because the pax wants to keep trying until they get a female driver.

RockinEZ

I believe most women drive early mornings in San Diego. Downtown at 2:00AM is "interesting" at best, and I am a big guy.

I have had to dump people mid ride for misbehaving...... Are they able to do that?

Idiot tried to put me in a headlock on the freeway at 65mph.... Can they handle that?

Some things to think about when driving drunks.

cityjohn

Hmm. Maybe I need to switch my app pic to an innocent, gender-neutral milquetoast. "Your driver may not be interesting necessarily, but s/he WILL be harmless and completely nonthreatening."

Casuale Haberdasher

I believe most women drive early mornings in San Diego. Downtown at 2:00AM is "interesting" at best, and I am a big guy.

I have had to dump people mid ride for misbehaving...... Are they able to do that?

Idiot tried to put me in a headlock on the freeway at 65mph.... Can they handle that?

POST # 6/RockinEZ: Wait.......WHAT?!
The Original Threadstarter
Post has the Variable Female as PAX !

Or did things change....without notice...
just like The #[F]Uber ?

Bison takes laughs where he can.

RockinEZ

Since the Bison pointed out I misread the OP.....

I would totally let my wife/daughter/mother/significant other, take an Uber home during the evening / late night shifts. Same risk as a cab. Not a lot of risk at all.

I have taken hundreds of women, young and old home at closing time.

They are safer in an Uber than they were at the bar.

Fuzzyelvis

Since the Bison pointed out I misread the OP.....

I would totally let my wife/daughter/mother/significant other, take an Uber home during the evening / late night shifts. Same risk as a cab. Not a lot of risk at all.

I have taken hundreds of women, young and old home at closing time.

They are safer in an Uber than they were at the bar.
I think it depends on the market too. Here in Houston since the city license requires a real background check and drug test (although that's not perfect depending on the clinic) I tell all my female pax to look for the city permit on the car. If it's there that adds a little more of a safety factor.

However the most likely way to die because of an Uber is probably a car wreck. As a pax I'd prefer a "mature" driver and would have the destination inputted and not be a distraction. As a woman--yes a female driver IS safer and AS a woman I really can't fault another woman trying to get a female.

Plus aren't women better drivers anyway? Our insurance rates are lower, correct? So we must be.

I would not want a 21 year old male driver. Sorry. Especially at 2am with all the half dressed young women wandering around. Their brains can't handle that AND drive safely.

Oh My

I think it depends on the market too. Here in Houston since the city license requires a real background check and drug test (although that's not perfect depending on the clinic) I tell all my female pax to look for the city permit on the car. If it's there that adds a little more of a safety factor.

However the most likely way to die because of an Uber is probably a car wreck. As a pax I'd prefer a "mature" driver and would have the destination inputted and not be a distraction. As a woman--yes a female driver IS safer and AS a woman I really can't fault another woman trying to get a female.

Plus aren't women better drivers anyway? Our insurance rates are lower, correct? So we must be.

I would not want a 21 year old male driver. Sorry. Especially at 2am with all the half dressed young women wandering around. Their brains can't handle that AND drive safely.
Your insurance rates are lower under the age of 25 anyway. And it's totally sexist, discriminatory, archaic and unfair. As a former insurance agent, the catastrophic and numerous claims with female drivers (younger anyway) was astounding. Not as bad as Asians though.

Oh My

One jokingly covered my eyes with his hand and pulled on my steering wheel on the highway in the front seat. We pulled over immediately. Learned my lesson then. Back seat unless more than 2 pax. Can they handle that?

Altima ATL

If they are over age of majority - it is there decision to assess risk.

Is probably better than walking.

Emp9

id feel pretty safe, always have them keep their guard up. people call a taxi early morning before the sun comes out all the time to go to the airports dont they?