Are you canceling pax not wearing masks?

In line with Ubers requirement, will you cancel pax not wearing a mask?

• YES. I believe science and I don’t want to potentially infect myself, my family, or others

• NO. It’s a hoax

• NO. I don’t care about the risk of infecting people, even if someone dies as a result

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mash Ghasem

Masks are useless. They are nothing more than cloth placebos.

If you take your blinders off for one moment, you will notice that outside of healthcare workers, masks on the general public are predominantly to prevent the DISTRIBUTION of the virus by those who carry the virus, not to prevent its ACQUISITION.

If you carry the virus but are not sick from it or symptomatic, you are still a carrier, and you will still infect others. In that scenario, I sure as hell would not want your unmasked face breathing in my vicinity-- that is, of course, unless you also think COVID-19 is spread telepathically.

Uberguyken

Bahaha it’s not that difficult of a concept. Someone with Coronavirus sneezes, coughs, or talks close to you and the virus is all over you. If they are wearing a mask the virus is way less likely to spread. If you don’t understand this simple concept by now, I can’t help you.
Thanks. You can't help me. Move along. I got money to make Chicken Little.

losiglow

I wear a mask whenever I go in a store, even something like an auto parts store or 7-Eleven, as a courtesy and respect to the people that work there.

However, when ubering, if the pax doesn't wear a mask, I don't put mine on. If they have one on, then I put mine on too.

9 out of 10 don't have one on. Sometimes they ask if I want them to put it on. I tell them that I'm fine without them wearing it. I also tell them that I can wear mine if they like and so far not a single one has asked me to.

SHalester

Your stance on flu shot is radical liberal.
no kids, huh? I'm not a liberal. Not a Dem and not a GOP. Next? If you do have kids and you refuse to vaccinate, then please please home school your kids so they don't mix with kids who have had their vaccinations. It really is that simple. My opinion, my stance. Deal with it.

Christinebitg

No vaccines successfully created for strains 1 thru 6, but you are confident one will be created for 7, CV19.
Sure. Because if SARS and MERS had caused this much death, we'd have worked on them more.

Funding for vaccine research on those two basically dried up after the threat was gone.
Post automatically merged:

Spit isn't smaller than the openings in your cloth mask... CORONOVIRUS is.... Next attempt at making a point please ...
The virus doesn't have wings. It has to be carried in droplets. Those droplets are created by breathing (a little bit), talking (a little more), shouting or singing (more yet), and coughing/sneezing (a lot more).

TheDevilisaParttimer

no kids, huh? I'm not a liberal. Not a Dem and not a GOP. Next? If you do have kids and you refuse to vaccinate, then please please home school your kids so they don't mix with kids who have had their vaccinations. It really is that simple. My opinion, my stance. Deal with it.
You do know I have all my vaccination shots 😑

Clothahump

If you take your blinders off for one moment, you will notice that outside of healthcare workers, masks on the general public are predominantly to prevent the DISTRIBUTION of the virus by those who carry the virus, not to prevent its ACQUISITION.

If you carry the virus but are not sick from it or symptomatic, you are still a carrier, and you will still infect others. In that scenario, I sure as hell would not want your unmasked face breathing in my vicinity-- that is, of course, unless you also think COVID-19 is spread telepathically.
Sigh. The masks do NOTHING to prevent the spread. The C19 virus is tiny, on the order of 2 microns. Even the level 95 masks have trouble with it. The cloth masks are useless.

How can you tell who has covid-19? Many people that don’t even know they have it can spread it. Even people that eventually get very sick are contagious before their symptoms show. So are you saying an asymptomatic person that sneezes or coughs 2 feet from your face doesn’t put you at risk? If they have a mask on their germs won’t fly. It’s common sense. If you don’t think a mask works, try putting a mask on and spit. I’m guessing the spit stays in your mask and not in someone’s face.
Walk up to a chain link fence, put your face up against it and exhale. Did the fence prevent your breath from going through?

The C19 virus is tiny, on the order of 2 microns or so. Even the level 95 masks have trouble with it. Cloth masks are like the chain link fence to the virus.

UberchickATL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sigh. The masks do NOTHING to prevent the spread. The C19 virus is tiny, on the order of 2 microns. Even the level 95 masks have trouble with it. The cloth masks are useless.

Walk up to a chain link fence, put your face up against it and exhale. Did the fence prevent your breath from going through?

The C19 virus is tiny, on the order of 2 microns or so. Even the level 95 masks have trouble with it. Cloth masks are like the chain link fence to the virus.
Once again, science is taking a back seat to uninformed opinion. Maybe you think if someone is wearing a mask, the virus has tiny legs and will march down their body, across the car, and climb into your mouth? No, it is spread through droplets. Contain the droplets, contain the virus. Simple science backed up by scientific research. But you do you and I’ll continue to wear a mask.
1590418314024.jpeg

here2der

So, are any Uber drivers getting cancellation payouts for cancelling on pax not wearing a mask? If so, does Uber seem to be slowing/withholding pings afterwards?

UberchickATL

So, are any Uber drivers getting cancellation payouts for cancelling on pax not wearing a mask? If so, does Uber seem to be slowing/withholding pings afterwards?
When I get a ping, I text to let them know masks are required. About 20% of the time they cancel and I get the cancel fee. So far I‘ve only cancelled one time on a pax for not wearing a mask. After waiting out the 5 minute timer, I got the full amount of the fare, not the cancel fee. Ca Ching! I haven't noticed any kind of throttling by Uber but the rides are pretty slow right now so it’s hard to tell.

Serpentine

When I get a ping, I text to let them know masks are required. About 20% of the time they cancel and I get the cancel fee. So far I‘ve only cancelled one time on a pax for not wearing a mask. After waiting out the 5 minute timer, I got the full amount of the fare, not the cancel fee. Ca Ching! I haven't noticed any kind of throttling by Uber but the rides are pretty slow right now so it’s hard to tell.
only you can feel good about getting paid for a service that you are NOT providing. if you're so f--king scared of a sub microscopic virus, stay the hell home. ID-10-T

UberchickATL

only you can feel good about getting paid for a service that you are NOT providing. if you're so f--king scared of a sub microscopic virus, stay the hell home. ID-10-T
If people are too inconsiderate to not wear a mask even though I warned them, you bet I’m happy to get paid. Wearing a mask is such a simple thing. If you’re ok driving around in a petri dish, that’s on you. I’m choosing to be part of the solution while you’re choosing to be part of the problem. One ride, and a potential early death coming right up!

Christinebitg

if you're so f--king scared of a sub microscopic virus
If you're not, you're stupid. And I'll bet your parents never taught you to wash your hands after you use the bathroom.

Yes, it's a microorganism. But it doesn't have freakin' wings. It has to be carried in droplets. That's what the masks are for.

Crosbyandstarsky

Uber’s new mask wearing policy went into affect on May 18th. I’m very happy uber FINALLY recognized the increased risk of infection to both drivers and pax. Now if only they would address some of the MANY other risks of driving. Assault, false allegations, vehicle damage, harassment, etc...
You’re self employed. At some point you have to take care of yourself. They can’t come sit with you

Numbers are rising because they are finally testing more people... Stop believing everything you see on the tv. There have been way more people who have had and gotten over this thing than is being reported and most have A symptomatic results... While a few have bad reactions agreed if we had real numbers for this crap the mortality rate would be less than half the other reasons people die every year... Won't hear that on the news...

Live your life, use common sense and stop living in fear like your government wants.

Oh and before you respond... Oh your gonna get sick!!! I welcome the illness so when your hiding out again in the fall I'll have immunity to it.

Chicken Little it's ok the sky is not falling.
Numbers are not rising. Go look at everyday on the cdc website