Are you canceling pax not wearing masks?

In line with Ubers requirement, will you cancel pax not wearing a mask?

• YES. I believe science and I don’t want to potentially infect myself, my family, or others

• NO. It’s a hoax

• NO. I don’t care about the risk of infecting people, even if someone dies as a result

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheDevilisaParttimer

I am not an anti-vaxxer but I would never allow a vaccine to be injected into me that has been rushed to market without thorough testing being done first.

There are 30 or more known strains of CV19. Producing a viable vaccine seems slim to none.

If it was so easy to create a valid vaccine, all other strains of CV would have been eradicated long ago, thus stopping many aspects of the “common cold”...
Yea im not actually an anti-vaxxer either, I've had ALL my shots with the exception of yearly flu vaccines.

There are certain individuals that label you a heretic and anti-vaxxer the second you question any vaccine.

I believe you should question anything thats being injected into your body and all prescribed medications.

No one is going to look after your health and life the way yourself would.

If 8% of people start going blind within 5 years of taking experimental vaccine, there will be a little class action lawsuit.

You will get a little money for your trouble but be freakin blind for the remainder of your days.

To make matters worse after about a month of it being on the news the rest of society won't give a flying-fk. The same applies to medications

SinTaxERROR

Yea im not actually an anti-vaxxer either, I've had ALL my shots with the exception of yearly flu vaccines.

There are certain individuals that label you a heretic and anti-vaxxer the second you question any vaccine.

I believe you should question anything thats being injected into your body and all prescribed medications.

No one is going to look after your health and life the way yourself would.

If 8% of people start going blind within 5 years of taking experimental vaccine, there will be a little class action lawsuit.

You will get a little money for your trouble but be freakin blind for the remainder of your days.

To make matters worse after about a month of it being on the news the rest of society won't give a flying-fk. The same applies to medications
If I go blind I will not be able to drive myself to McDonald’s to use my coupon for the free McCafe that I received from the class action... :roflmao:

TheDevilisaParttimer

I am not an anti-vaxxer but I would never allow a vaccine to be injected into me that has been rushed to market without thorough testing being done first.

There are 30 or more known strains of CV19. Producing a viable vaccine seems slim to none.

If it was so easy to create a valid vaccine, all other strains of CV would have been eradicated long ago, thus stopping many aspects of the “common cold”...
You see how you got called an anti-vaxxer for thinking.

Although you never said you dont believe in vaccines 🤔

NotYetADriver

Numbers are rising because they are finally testing more people... Stop believing everything you see on the tv. There have been way more people who have had and gotten over this thing than is being reported and most have A symptomatic results... While a few have bad reactions agreed if we had real numbers for this crap the mortality rate would be less than half the other reasons people die every year... Won't hear that on the news...

Live your life, use common sense and stop living in fear like your government wants.

Oh and before you respond... Oh your gonna get sick!!! I welcome the illness so when your hiding out again in the fall I'll have immunity to it.

Chicken Little it's ok the sky is not falling.
BEST POST OF THE THREAD
🏆
Post automatically merged:

80,000 Americans died during the 2017-2018 Flu Season. How many of you wore masks? Stayed away from your elderly parents and grandparents? Stayed far away from others? Sneezed or coughed into your own hands? Didn't use gloves or hand sanitizers?

Yeah, kind of what I thought. 1968 Pandemic: 100,000 Americans died 1957 Pandemic: 116,000 Americans died

Worried? Then stay the f--k home. Not worried? Go out and enjoy life.
HONORABLE MENTION 2ND BEST POST
🏆

SinTaxERROR

That's why we have real scientists working on the issue. They're called virologists.

You're just anti-vaxxer who has thought up a more creative excuse.
I’m glad you somehow have managed to obtain my medical history regarding vaccines and have labeled me an anti-vaxxer...

— I have had every required childhood vaccine.
— I have my 5 year tetanus shots.
— I have the yearly flu shot vaccine.
— I have had both Prevnar and Pneumovax vaccines (pneumonia).
— I have all required booster shots...

But I will be damned if a vaccine rushed to market, not thoroughly tested, will ever be injected into me... and government is not going to force it upon me either...

With 30 different known strains of CV19 it will be or could be a guessing game in the creation of such vaccine. You might be injected with a vaccine that could be no more effective than if you were injected with a syringe full of water.

If CV in general (think common cold) has had no vaccine in the last 50 years they have tried to create one, how is it suddenly possible to create one now in such a short period of time? You should really think about that...

As a side note... CV19 has become extremely political... and with government wanting to track your every move because of it... you might want to reconsider your stance here...

TheDevilisaParttimer

I’m glad you somehow have managed to obtain my medical history regarding vaccines and have labeled me an anti-vaxxer...

— I have had every required childhood vaccine.
— I have my 5 year tetanus shots.
— I have the yearly flu shot vaccine.
— I have had both Prevnar and Pneumovax vaccines (pneumonia).
— I have all required booster shots...

But I will be damned if a vaccine rushed to market, not thoroughly tested, will ever be injected into me... and government is not going to force it upon me either...

With 30 different known strains of CV19 it will be or could be a guessing game in the creation of such vaccine. You might be injected with a vaccine that could be no more effective than if you were injected with a syringe full of water.

If CV in general (think common cold) has had no vaccine in the last 50 years they have tried to create one, how is it suddenly possible to create one now in such a short period of time? You should really think about that...

As a side note... CV19 has become extremely political... and with government wanting to track your every move because of it... you might want to reconsider your stance here...
If you completed your tetanus shot as a child it's non needed as an adult.

Talk to your doctor about it, to see if your good.

Clothahump

Uber’s new mask wearing policy went into affect on May 18th. I’m very happy uber FINALLY recognized the increased risk of infection to both drivers and pax. Now if only they would address some of the MANY other risks of driving. Assault, false allegations, vehicle damage, harassment, etc...
Masks are useless. They are nothing more than cloth placebos.

UberchickATL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Masks are useless. They are nothing more than cloth placebos.

How can you tell who has covid-19? Many people that don’t even know they have it can spread it. Even people that eventually get very sick are contagious before their symptoms show. So are you saying an asymptomatic person that sneezes or coughs 2 feet from your face doesn’t put you at risk? If they have a mask on their germs won’t fly. It’s common sense. If you don’t think a mask works, try putting a mask on and spit. I’m guessing the spit stays in your mask and not in someone’s face.

SinTaxERROR

You're already pre-judging one or more vaccines that haven't even finished testing yet!
I’m not pre-judging anything. You however blindly wish to take what I have said out of complete context. I also stated that in the last 50 years that no corona virus based vaccine has been effectively created. So how is it possible a CV vaccine will suddenly come along?

I am not going to waste my time going in circles with you. If you want to take the vaccine, if and when it comes along, you are free to do so. Your choice has no effect on my choice nor will it ever.

For future reference I could care less what it is you have to say about this topic, my opinions, or facts I have presented.

Christinebitg

I also stated that in the last 50 years that no corona virus based vaccine has been effectively created.
That's because there aren't many corona viruses in existence. Sure, the common cold, but it mutates much faster than this one does. Thank goodness this one is slow in that regard.

I don't know exactly how many strains of this one there are. But it hasn't changed enough to deter the vaccine efforts, of which there are at least a dozen.

Suppose the first vaccine only works for half the people who get it. That's a huge plus even then.

Uberguyken

How can you tell who has covid-19? Many people that don’t even know they have it can spread it. Even people that eventually get very sick are contagious before their symptoms show. So are you saying an asymptomatic person that sneezes or coughs 2 feet from your face doesn’t put you at risk? If they have a mask on their germs won’t fly. It’s common sense. If you don’t think a mask works, try putting a mask on and spit. I’m guessing the spit stays in your mask and not in someone’s face.
Spit isn't smaller than the openings in your cloth mask... CORONOVIRUS is.... Next attempt at making a point please ...

SinTaxERROR

That's because there aren't many corona viruses in existence. Sure, the common cold, but it mutates much faster than this one does. Thank goodness this one is slow in that regard.

I don't know exactly how many strains of this one there are. But it hasn't changed enough to deter the vaccine efforts, of which there are at least a dozen.

Suppose the first vaccine only works for half the people who get it. That's a huge plus even then.
There are 7 strains of CV known to infect humans. And for strains 1 thru 6 there has been no vaccines created. Strains 5 and 6 are SARS and MERS.

No vaccines successfully created for strains 1 thru 6, but you are confident one will be created for 7, CV19.

Feel free to take it if it ever comes along. I’ve already told you there are at least 30 known mutations of CV19. The most powerful mutation is 270 times stronger than the weakest.

Additionally, there is no conclusive proof that immunity occurs for any extended period of time. If that is indeed the case, a vaccine would prove useless anyways as it would not provide sufficient immunity in the long run.

UberchickATL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Spit isn't smaller than the openings in your cloth mask... CORONOVIRUS is.... Next attempt at making a point please ...
Bahaha it’s not that difficult of a concept. Someone with Coronavirus sneezes, coughs, or talks close to you and the virus is all over you. If they are wearing a mask the virus is way less likely to spread. If you don’t understand this simple concept by now, I can’t help you.