Are you canceling pax not wearing masks?

In line with Ubers requirement, will you cancel pax not wearing a mask?

• YES. I believe science and I don’t want to potentially infect myself, my family, or others

• NO. It’s a hoax

• NO. I don’t care about the risk of infecting people, even if someone dies as a result

Results are only viewable after voting.

Illini

Uber doesn't care if the pax wear mask. It's just their typical BS PR.
On the other hand, if we cancel a pax who is not wearing a mask, they'll probably deactivate us for discrimination.

TheDevilisaParttimer

80,000 Americans died during the 2017-2018 Flu Season. How many of you wore masks? Stayed away from your elderly parents and grandparents? Stayed far away from others? Sneezed or coughed into your own hands? Didn't use gloves or hand sanitizers?

Yeah, kind of what I thought. 1968 Pandemic: 100,000 Americans died 1957 Pandemic: 116,000 Americans died

Worried? Then stay the f--k home. Not worried? Go out and enjoy life.
👀
Had to do a double take of your profile picture. I thought you was Stone Cold. Things must be bad if SC doing Uber 🤣

wwe-trump.jpg

Didn't get his stimulus money

UberchickATL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
80,000 Americans died during the 2017-2018 Flu Season. How many of you wore masks? Stayed away from your elderly parents and grandparents? Stayed far away from others? Sneezed or coughed into your own hands? Didn't use gloves or hand sanitizers?
I can’t figure out why people don’t wear a mask as a way to protect other people. It’s such a simple thing. Maybe because they’re selfish and don’t care if their actions cause others to suffer. Maybe it’s plain ignorance. In any case, your flu death figure is wrong.

According to the CDC:
2015-2016 flu deaths 23,000
2016-2017 flu deaths 38,000
2017-2018 flu deaths 61,000
2018-2019 flu deaths 34,200

First confirmed US covid-19 case was 2/29. It’s now 94,629.
At this rate, it will be over 100,000 deaths within the first 90 days. Only 90 days.
See the difference?

Last edited:

touberornottouber

I voted YES but I have yet to kick anyone out over it yet. I've been wearing n95 masks since early April and I roll down the driver side window and have been taking other countermeasures so I feel reasonably safe.

To be honest I am more likely to use the No Mask cancel on a known short ride from someone who I perceive to be a risk for bad feedback. I feel reasonably protected with my n95 mask but if someone were coughing up a storm and had no mask I would probably deny them too.

DarkBerry

That's the problem: these deniers don't see the difference. They don't understand COVID-19 is 2x as contagious as the flu and 10x as deadly. They didn't learn from history.
They also don't believe in science. Doesn't help that our commander in chief refuses to wear a mask in public and is politicizing something that's a public health and safety issue and shouldn't have anything to do with politics.

Uberguyken

I can’t figure out why people don’t wear a mask as a way to protect other people. It’s such a simple thing. Maybe because they’re selfish and don’t care if their actions cause others to suffer. Maybe it’s plain ignorance. In any case, your flu death figure is wrong.

According to the CDC:
2015-2016 flu deaths 23,000
2016-2017 flu deaths 38,000
2017-2018 flu deaths 61,000
2018-2019 flu deaths 34,200

First confirmed US covid-19 case was 2/29. It’s now 94,629.
At this rate, it will be over 100,000 deaths within the first 90 days. Only 90 days.
See the difference?
Or maybe it's because unless it's a N95 mask they are useless....

Imagine that an answer that is based in fact...
tenor - 2020-05-18T213859.312.gif

UberchickATL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Or maybe it's because unless it's a N95 mask they are useless....

Imagine that an answer that is based in fact...
A properly worn N95 mask prevents you from getting the virus. Wearing other types of face covering will help prevent you from SPREADING the virus. Here’s an example:

2F09F984-80B0-4783-B4A1-853D607A3B13.jpeg

One person wearing pants gives that individual some protection and protects others, but they can still get sprayed by the pantsless. Everybody wearing pants obviously offers the safest — if not the driest — outcome. So in other words, if both you and your pax are wearing masks, it slows the spread. Scientifically proven.

Mash Ghasem

They also don't believe in science. Doesn't help that our commander in chief refuses to wear a mask in public and is politicizing something that's a public health and safety issue and shouldn't have anything to do with politics.
Tell me about it... and to think, it's 2020.

I'm not a fan of Fidel Castro's, nevertheless, decades ago he announced "the future of our nation is necessarily the future of men of science" and he invested in educating Cuba's doctors and medical researchers overseas. As poor a nation as they are, they've come up with a vaccine that helps some people with lung cancer. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CimaVax-EGF

There's a very interesting Nova episode about it on PBS. https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/video/cubas-cancer-hope/

Mash Ghasem

Death is a part of life but no one wanted to die with Covid-19. You don't want to be on machine wearing mask pipe hooked up in your body, not seeing your family till you went under 6 feet. It is so painful.
And no one wants an "avoidable death" because some virus-carrier (whether symptomatic or not) behaves selfishly by not properly masking-up (if at all) and speaking/breathing in your close vicinity.

It's bad enough standing in supermarket lines every time with covidiots behind/front of you, who are not only no masked properly, but who also keep creeping up in your personal space (let alone your 6' space). It's even worse walking into Chipotle today for take-out, and seeing 3 employees standing behind the counter, busy talking, with their big fat noses fully exposed out of their improperly worn face masks.
Post automatically merged:

BridgeWashedOut.jpg

Uberchampion

Uber’s new mask wearing policy went into affect on May 18th. I’m very happy uber FINALLY recognized the increased risk of infection to both drivers and pax. Now if only they would address some of the MANY other risks of driving. Assault, false allegations, vehicle damage, harassment, etc...

RodB

Does no one remember when we was called science deniers if we said to wear masks??

Screenshot_20200523-064418.png

Screenshot_20200523-064749.png

Any agenda they want to push is now backed by science 🤔

Last edited:

Christinebitg

Any agenda they want to push is now backed by science 🤔
As opposed, of course, to certain people who deny all science. I'm surprised that one particular person hasn't claimed he can stop the tide from coming in.

Actually, the mask thing is an interesting one. First we shut the freakin' economy down, then we got told that the masks work great. If they are so great, why didn't we just do that by itself in the first place.

Three of us went to lunch yesterday. (My S.O., a paralegal who works for the S.O., and me.) The restaurant said we couldn't walk to our table without masks. Seemed kind of goofy to me. Fortunately the paralegal pulled an extra one out of her purse to loan to me.

SinTaxERROR

No I'm not, you take a very hard stance on vaccines as though vaccines don't carry potential side effects.

There are legit reason some choose not to vaccinate, particularly from low risk diseases such as influenza.

I do personally know someone that was completely disabled and deformed by a simple flu vaccine. They study him and his case at Emory Healthcare.
I am not an anti-vaxxer but I would never allow a vaccine to be injected into me that has been rushed to market without thorough testing being done first.

There are 30 or more known strains of CV19. Producing a viable vaccine seems slim to none.

If it was so easy to create a valid vaccine, all other strains of CV would have been eradicated long ago, thus stopping many aspects of the “common cold”...